Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2020, 09:32 PM

6,633 posts, read 4,307,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceTheExplorer View Post
Nope. Strike two. We’re actually a level headed bunch here that loves and cherishes our community, our neighbors and each other, Asheville area included.

Oh, that’s right. Forgot you’re not even a resident of the area. Guess you share the same destructive viewpoints and habits of all the other like minded seasonal residents coming to the area.

You know, like all the folks you complained about currently piling into Cashiers and Highlands (in your own post of course).
Wrong again, we own a home in WNC, and are not seasonal residents. Your judgmentalism does not seem to be indicative of level-headedness.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2020, 10:18 PM

902 posts, read 808,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Wrong again, we own a home in WNC, and are not seasonal residents. Your judgmentalism does not seem to be indicative of level-headedness.
Personally I could care less where you call home, how long you spend where or what you do. I’m a great judge of character and every time you post something my liberal BS meter goes off the charts.

Your own ignorant blanket statements about Eastern Tennessee (without ever have visited the area until recently BTW) solidified my internal gut feelings about your credibility. No need to dive any further into the liberal garbage can as anything you say now about anything is simply catfish material at best.

What I AM happy about though is that you’re amongst like minded folks in AVL, and that the breeze there doesn’t make it’s way over the mountains into TN.

Enjoy those crowds in Cashiers. You have more in common with them than you think.

Last edited by VinceTheExplorer; 09-02-2020 at 11:05 PM..

Old 09-03-2020, 03:51 PM

134 posts, read 125,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal James View Post
Everyone who breaks the law should be held accountable, including friends of the president. Until justice is truly equitably applied in this country, there will be people protesting. As well they should.

I would suggest you don't really understand what the term "defund the police means". It doesn't mean "eliminate the police". Frankly, its a terrible description for a concept that most police departments should support.

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgo...it-have-merit/
I don't want to wade into these waters too deeply.

There are bad apples and incompetent people in every profession and it's just plain wrong to say that an entire profession should be condemned for the actions of a few. The cases involving possible police abuse are being tried in court, as they should. Meanwhile, all of the destruction, looting, fires, violence towards the police has nothing to do with justice not being "equitably applied in this country." These are hoodlums looking for an excuse to behave with no impulse control. And, the parents have left the room.

If someone "defunded" your bank account you'd know for sure it meant reducing it. It would not make you feel any better if they said to you, "Don't worry, we're just going to 'reallocate' your money somewhere else." If anyone actually thinks that having a social worker show up to handle crimes instead of an officer is a good idea, that person is not living in the real world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina