Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2020, 06:40 AM

902 posts, read 813,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
When i lived in Oregon, I heard stories like this. Marijuana growers protecting their crop. But this was a public trail, yes? Bizarre. Who would do this?
Very disturbed people do things like this, then try to act like they're an activist of some sort. PETA denies any involvement.

Our son was visiting his girlfriend in North Asheville yesterday and they went to the store to grab a few items. He said there was a guy standing in the middle of an isle just screaming at the top of his lungs at a shelf ... the shelf! No-one was around.

Was obviously on drugs out in public with some sort of mental issues. He had to be forcefully removed and arrested.

Old 10-30-2020, 06:54 AM

Asheville man considering himself a "Sovereign Citizen" gets 15 years in prison

So sovereign citizens get to traffic drugs and carry firearms as a felon? Very interesting. Guess every criminal should become one ...

"Bowman plead guilty to possession with intent to distribute cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, Fentanyl, and marijuana, possession of a firearm in furtherance of a drug trafficking crime, and possession of a firearm by a felon on June 29, 2020, the press release said."

Old 10-30-2020, 09:18 AM

146 posts, read 140,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Ditto - You could go into any city of size and find these sorts of things, and in many cases, much worse. What puzzles me is you continue to demean an area in which which your wife works and you all derive family income. I hope new readers will take your posts for what they are: a disgruntled past resident who decided to leave for undisclosed reasons, but who keeps coming back to post negative comments about Asheville.
Yes, of course we know that all cities have crime and you could look up any area and see who was arrested and for what in any municipality. That also would make for pretty boring forum content. Every area either has lower income people whose needs should be addressed or they have pushed all of those people to somewhere else for another town to address.

What is good to see is the people who live in an area and are making genuine effort to improve their city and positively impact the lives of those around them, like those working to provide affordable housing in downtown Asheville. I hope that the many affluent people moving into the Asheville area will work to get behind these kinds of programs and to give back to the community at large.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wlos.co...s-for-homeless

Housing - Haywood Street

Old 10-30-2020, 09:34 AM

6,828 posts, read 9,090,708 times
Crimes are committed by lots of folks. Not just low income and/or homeless.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:43 AM

Asheville armed robbery. Suspects at large

Glad no one was hurt. Hoping city leadership has a plan for getting this under control. 500+ calls for guns with nearly 40 shootings in the city just this year alone. The inmates are running the prison as they say.

Old 10-30-2020, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zitsky View Post
crimes are committed by lots of folks. Not just low income and/or homeless.
+1

Old 10-30-2020, 09:57 AM

Seems like the Feds have been actively engaged with tracking down criminals and crime in the area, which could be a political move and response to AVL’s move to defund the police.

Either way, glad the area is being looked at as AVL’s city council and BC have seemed to turn a blind eye to what’s happening there now, although they haven’t stopped their quest to pile more people into the area.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:50 AM

6,650 posts, read 4,362,700 times
Again - You could go into any city of size and find these sorts of things, and in many cases, much worse. What puzzles me is you continue to demean an area in which which your wife works and you all derive family income. I hope new readers will take your posts for what they are: a disgruntled past resident who decided to leave for undisclosed reasons, but who keeps coming back to post negative comments about Asheville.

Old 10-30-2020, 10:59 AM

2,628 posts, read 2,321,726 times
Asheville has one of the highest crime rates per capita. I sold my house in Montford after living there for two months due to crime. Someone shot bullets into three of my neighbors houses with a high powered weapon.
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site

Last edited by Yac; 11-06-2020 at 02:24 AM..

Old 10-30-2020, 11:04 AM

6,650 posts, read 4,362,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thegofoxgo View Post
Yes, of course we know that all cities have crime and you could look up any area and see who was arrested and for what in any municipality. That also would make for pretty boring forum content. Every area either has lower income people whose needs should be addressed or they have pushed all of those people to somewhere else for another town to address.

What is good to see is the people who live in an area and are making genuine effort to improve their city and positively impact the lives of those around them, like those working to provide affordable housing in downtown Asheville. I hope that the many affluent people moving into the Asheville area will work to get behind these kinds of programs and to give back to the community at large.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/wlos.co...s-for-homeless

Housing - Haywood Street
Thanks for posting this. Glad to see that positive efforts are being made to improve the lives of others that are less fortunate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina