Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2023, 10:16 AM

11 posts, read 6,237 times

Advertisements

Again, thank you all for your help.

If I needed a home, I would be more flexible. We live in a very nice home and could stay here if we wished. I would like something "better" and so, have time on my side and can/will wait for the right (for me) property to come up.

BTW, I am also looking at townhomes and have identified a couple that work for us. Just waiting for one to come on the market. In the meantime, I keep looking.

Also - When I wrote I had ruled out Carriage Park - I may not have mentioned that I specifically went and viewed the houses posted here. They simply didn't meet my criteria.

FInally - I'm a him. LOL.

Happy weekend to all- stay cool!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2023, 10:33 AM

13,374 posts, read 27,055,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njjeep222 View Post
......If I needed a home, I would be more flexible. We live in a very nice home and could stay here if we wished. I would like something "better" and so, have time on my side and can/will wait for the right (for me) property to come up......
Since there are some unstated criteria, this will be my last attempt. If you have time to wait for a home to be constructed, you might consider this Craftsman in a community called The Pinnacle in Arden. They promise no yard work. It is surrounded by woods, and it seems from the aerial view to be mostly undeveloped.

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...il/M6622727372

Last edited by goldenage1; 07-29-2023 at 11:04 AM..

Old 07-29-2023, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Sorry, wrong link. This is the Pinnacle at Arden:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

Old 07-29-2023, 04:42 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,305,411 times
Quote:
Again, thank you all for your help.

If I needed a home, I would be more flexible. We live in a very nice home and could stay here if we wished. I would like something "better" and so, have time on my side and can/will wait for the right (for me) property to come up.

BTW, I am also looking at townhomes and have identified a couple that work for us. Just waiting for one to come on the market. In the meantime, I keep looking.

Also - When I wrote I had ruled out Carriage Park - I may not have mentioned that I specifically went and viewed the houses posted here. They simply didn't meet my criteria.

FInally - I'm a him. LOL.

Happy weekend to all- stay cool!
Sorry for the gender confusion. Your idea of ‘having time on my side’ may not work in your favor. We bought 3 years ago and our house is worth 55% more than what we paid. I do not see housing prices declining much here, if at all. There’s too much demand. Wish you the best in finding what you want at your desired price point!

Old 07-29-2023, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
Your idea of ‘having time on my side’ may not work in your favor. We bought 3 years ago and our house is worth 55% more than what we paid. I do not see housing prices declining much here, if at all. There’s too much demand. Wish you the best in finding what you want at your desired price point!
Thanks!

My current home increases also as I look for my next home which, if things work out, will be a buy down. So, in that regard, I'm good.

I looked into the homes at Arabella. (I have visited here before but it has been a few years. ) They are advertised as Low Maintenance so, that looked very promising. My realtor advises there are no homes currently available and must be built. I could work with that, however, the house link above has house price of under $600K - that would be great - but the Arabella website shows new homes start at over $700k. Prices have continued to increase as you say. Still, I will go and check it out.

I've lived in the area for about 9 years and have been looking actively for about the last 2 years. I've seen a lot of developments and lots of houses.

Again, thanks to all for the suggestions. I'm following up on them as they come in.

Old 07-30-2023, 03:58 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,606,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
Sorry, wrong link. This is the Pinnacle at Arden:

https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card
I've visited this neighborhood so I wanted to comment on what I saw. These houses are really nice, and the neighborhood is also very nice, but the view off the mountain is of the Duke Energy plant at Lake Julian. It's really an eyesore, IMO.

Old 07-30-2023, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
I've visited this neighborhood so I wanted to comment on what I saw. These houses are really nice, and the neighborhood is also very nice, but the view off the mountain is of the Duke Energy plant at Lake Julian. It's really an eyesore, IMO.
Thanks for the comment on the Pinnacle at Arabella. There are some things like views, smells and noise that you only realize from the ground.

Here are a couple of developments worth keeping an eye on. They have existing homes, but the only listings already have offers pending. Both are in Fletcher, not far off I-26. These have houses in the OP's size and price range: The Villas at Fox Glen, and The Cottages at Livingston Farms (which does the lawn maintenance).

Old 08-08-2023, 03:03 PM

I want to thank you all for your help and suggestions. We have now found what we believe will be a great retirement place for us in etowah. We haven't closed yet so I'm not ready to disclose the location but we are really looking forward to the peace and quiet out there.

One final request, for anyone who lives out in that area, can you tell me what cell phone service you find to be the best? We are on mint Mobile and it is dead out there.

Again, thanks to all!

Old 08-08-2023, 07:46 PM

6,632 posts, read 4,305,411 times
Quote:
I want to thank you all for your help and suggestions. We have now found what we believe will be a great retirement place for us in etowah. We haven't closed yet so I'm not ready to disclose the location but we are really looking forward to the peace and quiet out there.

One final request, for anyone who lives out in that area, can you tell me what cell phone service you find to be the best? We are on mint Mobile and it is dead out there.

Again, thanks to all!
I thought Etowah might be a good fit; we don't live far from there. We have Verizon and have excellent reception. Unfortunately this doesn't necessarily mean you will have the same where you live. I believe different carriers have coverage maps which will help you decide which is best in the area you live.

Old 08-08-2023, 08:04 PM

61 posts, read 38,027 times
Congrats Njjeep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina