Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-25-2008, 09:28 PM

647 posts, read 1,664,040 times

Advertisements

Beautiful pics Josh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 10:03 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,613,376 times
Thanks, Joe!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:54 AM

14,325 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Great views, countryside with snow looks like a picture puzzle!

Old 12-26-2008, 12:49 PM

286 posts, read 1,151,016 times
Josh, I think you have a keeper with your first photo. May I have permission to run it through photoshop? That red cast and the low contrast are unfortunate. The shot has great composition and subject matter.

Overall, it is a pleasure to see you always out there, always shooting. That's really the way to develop photo skills. A lot of your shots are a kind of travel documentary. But sometimes, with shots like this, I can see that your eye is getting better. You are seeing things like a photographer here.

By the way, just for the record, these comments are critique, not criticism nor attack. Ultimately you will become your own most severe critiquer. You will set your own standards higher and higher.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Gallon, I would love to see the picture through photoshop. I don't have the program and I don't have all the education regarding photography, but as you said I'm trying to learn... I'm glad someone can give me pointers...

When you do edit go ahead an post it!

Old 12-26-2008, 05:50 PM

hey Josh. I touched it up some on Photoshop. I'm prett new to the program, so maybe Gallon can do better.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:12 PM

286 posts, read 1,151,016 times
Default Mitzi and Annie

Mitzi and Annie
- photography by Josh Banks

This results from a couple of simple steps in Photoshop. My version is a number of years old, but still give great results. It has features called auto contrast, auto color, auto adjust, etc. These I use as a first easy way to try to get it right. Photoshop has far more capable tools of course, but often the autoadjust is good enough.

In this case the only function applied was autoadjust. It corrected for white balance, brightness, contrast and overall color balance, all in one pass. To my surprise it all worked. That's it, that's all that was done.

I also tried Irfanview, very popular freeware. After playing around for awhile I still didn't get it as good as this. Still, I recommend you download a free copy of Irfanview, there is a lot you can do with it. And it will whet your appetite for more features like Photoshop has.

I like your new camera, very rich accurate colors there.

Old 12-26-2008, 06:22 PM

14,325 posts, read 14,623,274 times
Like I've said before, all you guys are very good. Josh, I agree with Gallon, better and better all the time! Great eye the way you see things is good!

Old 12-26-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallon View Post

Mitzi and Annie
- photography by Josh Banks

This results from a couple of simple steps in Photoshop. My version is a number of years old, but still give great results. It has features called auto contrast, auto color, auto adjust, etc. These I use as a first easy way to try to get it right. Photoshop has far more capable tools of course, but often the autoadjust is good enough.

In this case the only function applied was autoadjust. It corrected for white balance, brightness, contrast and overall color balance, all in one pass. To my surprise it all worked. That's it, that's all that was done.

I also tried Irfanview, very popular freeware. After playing around for awhile I still didn't get it as good as this. Still, I recommend you download a free copy of Irfanview, there is a lot you can do with it. And it will whet your appetite for more features like Photoshop has.

I like your new camera, very rich accurate colors there.

Nicely done Gallon. Another free program is called Gimp. I guess a lot of peopl on the photo forum I visit use it.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

Old 12-27-2008, 12:04 AM

Wow, thanks Joe, Gallon. They really do look good. Right now all I use it picasa and I'm not sure if that would be even be considered a photoshop type.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin