Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 07:50 PM

9 posts, read 18,737 times

Advertisements

My dh interviewed for a position and is almost certain he is going to get an offer tomorrow. Meanwhile I am researching the areas. We are an Asian family and currently in Boulder CO.

We are looking to rent a 4 bedroom house(have 4 kids). What areas will you recommend? I want to keep the rent to under $1500. What abt schools? I of course want to be in a excellent school district.

TIA
sraikh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 AM

81 posts, read 301,382 times
For green bay and surrounding school districts go here.
Green Bay Area Public Schools
Ashwaubenon School District
High School
Unified School District of De Pere
Howard-Suamico School District
Welcome to the Luxemburg-Casco School District-Home of the Spartans
Pulaski Community Schools - Life Long Learning: Gateway to the Future
www.seymori.k12.wi.us (broken link)
Wrightstown Community School District - Home Page
i was just there and will be relocating in march.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:01 AM

387 posts, read 1,331,568 times
We were in Green Bay this weekend and really enjoyed it. There seems like a lot of interesting places to visit. We plan to come back for a long weekend. Loved the big old homes just south of the downtown.
I've heard some of the surrounding areas have good schools.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:16 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,865,111 times
I have a friend with 2 small children that moved from out of state to De Pere, Wisconsin. She's very, very happy there. It's a suburb of Green Bay.

Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 AM

9 posts, read 18,737 times
Thanks for the links ExBmWex.
The company made an offer yesterday and dh has until the end of the week to think abt it.

Old 01-22-2008, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sraikh View Post
Thanks for the links ExBmWex.
The company made an offer yesterday and dh has until the end of the week to think abt it.
no problem..i just got off the phone with my job offer as well..i will be going there march 1st.
I wish you luck in your move.

Dean

Old 01-22-2008, 01:25 PM

51 posts, read 161,377 times
I've lived in Green Bay for 5 years and think it is a great place to raise kids. There is no shortage of activities if you make a little effort. Outdoor sports like sledding, ice skating, cross country skiing. Summertime activities like Bay Beach Amusement Park (old fashioned park on the Bay where rides cost a quarter), the zoo, tons of public parks, walking trails, etc. The Fox River Trail is a nice place for family bike rides too.

I have been pleased with the public school system, but there are lots of private ones to choose from as well.

Because of my husband's job, we have our house on the market and I'll miss Green Bay a lot.

By the way, before living in Green Bay, I lived in Florida, Georgia, and New York.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:43 PM

146 posts, read 1,010,875 times
We looked around quite a bit before settling in De Pere. Excellent school disctrict, higher income levels over all, I haven't seen one "run down" house in De pere although I am sure they are there somewhere. The police patrol it quite well and the crime rate is very low. We lived a couple of months in Green Bay and after our son had his skate board stolen out of his hands on a school play ground, we decided to look outside of Green Bay for housing. De Pere is close enough to Green Bay without being in the thick of the problems of Green Bay with the crime and traffic and so forth.

Old 01-29-2008, 10:16 PM

237 posts, read 1,081,218 times
I currently live sout of Denver, Colorado, and am familiar with Boulder. I grew up in Green Bay/De Pere/Ashwaubenon. The lifestyle in Green Bay is much different than that of Boulder, so be prepared for a culture shock. This isn't a negative or bad aspect, but it should be mentioned that there are big differences to the two areas. Much more conservative throughout all of Wisconsin, but great people and a wonderful place to raise a family.

I'd also recommend De Pere, but also loved the time that I lived in Ashwaubenon (which is really just Green Bay with a fancy name). As to avoiding Green Bay because of traffic and crime, I think those moving from the Denver/Boulder area would find Green Bay's "problems" laughable! There's really no comparison. Very safe.

Your children will love the state parks up in Door County during the summers. Every weekend from May until October I'd be at Potawatomie State Park. Best of luck to you!

Old 01-30-2008, 02:43 PM

sraikh

Will you be moving there as well?
just curious
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin