Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 11:47 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpmjohnny View Post
I grew up in Chicago but spent all my summers on my Uncles dairy farm in Junction City, I miss it so much and I do love Wisconsin, I think his farm is gone now, and so are he and my aunt, There names were Augustyniak Stanley and Teresa. It was some of the best times of my life.
There used to be a small but very well-regarded brewery in Junction City called Central Waters. Their Brewer's Reserve Bourbon-Barrel Stout is sought out by craft-brew fans nationwide. Fortunately for Central Waters and unfortunately for Junction City, they got successful enough that they had to find a new home. They moved about 3 years ago to a new facility in Amherst where their production capacity tripled. This is the building where they started out though, does this building look familiar to you? I think it used to be a small dairy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 07:30 AM

1,287 posts, read 3,336,934 times
Going along with the crowd here in that there are a lot of different places that I enjoy for different reasons.

I've only visited Madison but always enjoyed it. If we had to move back, we'd try to get around there most likely. I didn't know there was a Trader Joe's in Madison now, even more points for Madtown!

Way up north in Minocqua for relaxation.

Appleton for plain old everyday life...handy conveniences. The majority of life was "go to work, manage school/kids, do some shopping, go to work, manage school/kids etc." and Appleton was fine for that.

Green Bay was fine in that same way, although it's not laid out as conveniently...it's an old town. I worked in GB for 20 years so have a lot of fond memories of GB.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:46 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,926,746 times
I left a stressful job a couple of weeks ago (with 2 week's notice), and am free now to explore the state at my leisure. I am particularly fond of Appleton and Mequon, as that's where our daughter's live. I think the eastern part of WI is so beautiful along Lake Michigan. Southwestern WI is also beautiful with the rolling hills - probably the most beautiful IMO. Everyone seems to love the touristy areas of northern WI (Minocqua, Eagle River, etc.), but that's definitely not my favorite. I think all the lakes are beautiful, but it's probably my least favorite area of the state.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 4,158 times
lodi is totally the best

Old 10-06-2010, 01:34 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,410,903 times
I look forward to visiting more of Wisconsin when I move back. That's the best thing about moving away, it broadened my horizons a lot. On my list: LaCrosse (plan to go through their on our way back, can't wait!), Manitowoc, Appleton, Two Rivers, Spring Green, Lake Geneva...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin