Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2018, 06:15 PM

764 posts, read 391,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Well, never fear, it appears the Black Shirts are already out in force:

Clearly, too much power is OK if it only resides in the hands of Republicans. Who would have thunk it?
Yea don't you love their power, more jobs, fair trade deals, stock market soaring, wall going up to stop the fetanyl coming in! Yea I LOVE it. Trump is a Godsend. God would never let Hillary win the Queen of abortion!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 06:52 PM

8,289 posts, read 23,101,403 times
So when do we start the petition to have Tony Evers recalled? lol. BTW the Dems filed the papers the following Wednesday!

Old 11-07-2018, 07:00 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyfl View Post
Yea don't you love their power, more jobs, fair trade deals, stock market soaring, wall going up to stop the fetanyl coming in! Yea I LOVE it. Trump is a Godsend. God would never let Hillary win the Queen of abortion!
You need to get out more and read REAL NEWS. Trump is a disaster hurtling us toward an abyss. Sadly, you are too uninformed to know it. Further, abortion has NOTHING to do with WI or economic well-being of this country. It's a personal decision and should remain as such.

Stock market is NOT soaring
- it's trying to get back on its feet after reverting to Jan. 2018 values - probably won't last through year-end. Dow still 600 points off its high, NASDAQ in much worse shape.

Otherwise, yeah, I really love:
  • Kimberly-Clark closing at least two plants in WI because of GOP tax reform, costing at least 600 WI jobs,
  • the fake economy on a sugar high due to THEFT FROM THE TREASURY soon to end
  • inflated UNREALISTIC stock prices because of corporate buybacks because of the tax reform THEFT
  • a mere 25% CapEx investment in the economy, 75% of the tax THEFT went into buybacks
  • the business unfriendly tariffs seriously costing farmers and businesses with no end in sight
  • the ballooning deficits,
  • the tech wreck because of the threat of tariffs,
  • the businesses having to stop expansion plans, losing customers and soon laying off because of rising costs due to tariffs,
  • all the corporate future guidance showing a downtrend in growth and earnings,
  • the slow down in housing and autos because of tariffs -
  • the soon to come financial crisis because of debt, deficits and reduced corporate tax receipts.
We've got a lot to look forward to - all of it bad. There's a reason the stock market tanked - with only a small rally to date - because 2019 will be a problem.

Making
America
Go BROKE
Again

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-07-2018 at 07:57 PM..

Old 11-07-2018, 07:34 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,896 times
Quote:
Wisconsinites don't like success. Expect to pay more for your milk and cheese. Evers said he'll allow illegals in-state tuition, driver licenses and raise gas tax $1 a gallon. All the good Walker did will disappear, jobs, taxes go up PEOPLE LOSING THEIR SELF ESTEEM HAVING TO GO BACK ON WELFARE. Wisconsinites cannot shake their democratic communist fleas.
We're all going to die!!!!!!

Old 11-07-2018, 07:53 PM

512 posts, read 473,907 times
Wisconsin's economy will be booming like Minnesota's if the GOP doesn't try to halt Evers' economic reforms. Wisconsin's economy is NOT booming - we've have actually suffered a net loss of private sector jobs this year, and wage growth in this state hasn't kept up with inflation. The median income in WI is 59k compared to 70k in Minnesota. What happened to the 250k jobs Walker promised to create? We rank 31st in private sector growth here in WI. HOW is that a good economy?

https://www.wpr.org/wisconsin-job-gr...oyment-numbers
https://www.biztimes.com/2018/biztra...e-sector-jobs/

Quote:
Wisconsinites don't like success. Expect to pay more for your milk and cheese. Evers said he'll allow illegals in-state tuition, driver licenses and raise gas tax $1 a gallon. All the good Walker did will disappear, jobs, taxes go up PEOPLE LOSING THEIR SELF ESTEEM HAVING TO GO BACK ON WELFARE. Wisconsinites cannot shake their democratic communist fleas.

He never said he would do that. Source, please? Also, no human is illegal.

Last edited by InnovativeAmerican; 11-07-2018 at 08:02 PM..

Old 11-07-2018, 08:01 PM

512 posts, read 473,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
So when do we start the petition to have Tony Evers recalled? lol. BTW the Dems filed the papers the following Wednesday!

You GOPers won't have anything on us dealing with Vos. Another massive protest will take place if Vos is successful in his efforts to limit Tony Evers' power: https://www.wsaw.com/content/news/Vo...499988311.html

Also: https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/c...31f84e5a3.html

Old 11-07-2018, 08:03 PM

25,576 posts, read 56,460,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
Wisconsin's economy will be booming like Minnesota's if the GOP doesn't try to halt Evers' economic reforms. Wisconsin's economy is NOT booming - we've have actually suffered a net loss of private sector jobs this year, and wage growth in this state hasn't kept up with inflation. The median income in WI is 59k compared to 70k in Minnesota. What happened to the 250k jobs Walker promised to create? We rank 31st in private sector growth here in WI. HOW is that a good economy?
Yeah, couple of my neighbors sent their kids to University of Minnesota 20 years ago - all married and remained in MN after graduation and all are doing great. Another neighbor - both university professors, have a daughter at University of Minnesota. Reciprocal tuition and enlightened goverment are the draws. Twin Cities area booming. There's no reason our economy should not replicate theirs. What does MN have that we don't? A smarter government, clearly.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 11-07-2018 at 08:25 PM..

Old 11-07-2018, 09:18 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,312,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milwaukee City View Post
LOL, I actually never have seen a "My president is the president of the NRA" and I live in republicanville. I have seen the no-bama, and the Calvin and Hobbs bumper stickers are obnoxious no matter what they are urinating on, it's as classless as the balls hanging from the rear of a pickup truck. Don't tread on me, I never knew that was a republican only sticker, I associate that with more of the "land standoff crowd" or libertarians and you rarely see a confederate flag sticker, also that just doesn't make sense...we're Damn Yankees

I didn't mean to single out the last poster but I have no time for "Hyper-Bowl"(guess the reference...)whether it's a pickup man with a no-bama sticker or a riverwest liberal I just have no time for people who literally talk with just buzz words or candidate talking points. It's like sitting in between two TV's with political ads blasting at your ears at the same time.

Yeah, I know--my eyes hurt from all of the eye-rolling.

Fortunately, I haven't seen too many confederate flags here, but there have been a few over the years. Maybe too much rebellion in high school? IDK.

It's true that the "Don't Tread On Me" stuff attracts a wide range of folks, but I was thinking of a pro-Trump neighbor of mine who has his DTOM flag proudly hoisted next to his American flag. Did I mention that my eyes hurt from the eye rolls?

Old 11-07-2018, 09:23 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,312,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InnovativeAmerican View Post
You GOPers won't have anything on us dealing with Vos. Another massive protest will take place if Vos is successful in his efforts to limit Tony Evers' power: https://www.wsaw.com/content/news/Vo...499988311.html

Also: https://madison.com/wsj/news/local/c...31f84e5a3.html
Yep, it's stuff like this that perpetuates division. Anyone remember McConnell's declaration that he planned to make Obama a one-term president? I'm hoping that the state GOP can try to take the high road and work with Evers, but reports like this suggest that we'll just get more of the manipulative and crafty garbage that intensifies division.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:24 PM

26,404 posts, read 46,551,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empidonax View Post
Yeah, I know--my eyes hurt from all of the eye-rolling.

Fortunately, I haven't seen too many confederate flags here, but there have been a few over the years. Maybe too much rebellion in high school? IDK.

It's true that the "Don't Tread On Me" stuff attracts a wide range of folks, but I was thinking of a pro-Trump neighbor of mine who has his DTOM flag proudly hoisted next to his American flag. Did I mention that my eyes hurt from the eye rolls?
Productive tread is having good tires that drive through snow well, not "Don't Tread On Me."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin