Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2020, 07:11 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times

Advertisements

I heard the National Guard has been sent to WI to sort out the ballots. Also deployed to several other states for the same reason. Might have to do with fake ballots or ballot markings. Anyone see or hear anything locally?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2020, 08:02 PM

2,567 posts, read 5,313,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I heard the National Guard has been sent to WI to sort out the ballots. Also deployed to several other states for the same reason. Might have to do with fake ballots or ballot markings. Anyone see or hear anything locally?
They've been helping as poll workers for the past couple of elections:

https://wkow.com/2020/11/05/wisconsi...tial-election/

Also found this about National Guard help with tallying votes after some ballot misprints:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...rinted-ballots

Old 11-07-2020, 05:44 AM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Speaking of Wisconsin & voter fraud . . .
Wisconsin Republicans caught apparently encouraging voter fraud in Pennsylvania

Old 11-07-2020, 06:09 AM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by everwinter View Post
Something tells me there could be a whole lot more to that story.

Old 11-07-2020, 08:23 AM

8,289 posts, read 23,106,991 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ok85BmPyl_I

Old 11-09-2020, 05:44 AM

4,666 posts, read 3,861,741 times
Slightly off topic, but since we're talking politics. Does anyone recall seeing this many Republican candidate yard signs through out Wisconsin in the past for other candidates? I don't. I haven't traveled around as much with covid going, on but when I do I'm blown away by how fired up the GOP base was for this election. Even this weekend there were still Trump signs everywhere. I live in a blue county too.

What's it like around the state? I even recall seeing Trump signs just outside of Madison in Dane county, which is kind of rare. I didn't see hardly in Mt Horeb for Trump. Northern Wi this summer was all Trump, but with some surprise Biden signs in Eagle River/Minocqua. Driftless area is a mixed bag with towns having more Biden signs & rural areas with more Trump signs.

Old 11-09-2020, 09:35 PM

7,253 posts, read 5,126,001 times
Quote:
Speaking of Wisconsin & voter fraud . . .
So, the GOP is encouraging sending in votes late because they won't be postmarked and excluded....

...What are the chances the Dems are doing the same and the LSM isn't reporting it?

That's the whole point about this election-- too much room for fraud. The mail-in system, if we concede that lazy Americans need an easier path to voting, needs tweaking, to say the least.

I have to wonder how many of these vote-by-mail citizens would have showed up with their muskets at Concord green in 1775.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:34 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
Quote:
Slightly off topic, but since we're talking politics. Does anyone recall seeing this many Republican candidate yard signs through out Wisconsin in the past for other candidates? I don't. I haven't traveled around as much with covid going, on but when I do I'm blown away by how fired up the GOP base was for this election. Even this weekend there were still Trump signs everywhere. I live in a blue county too.

What's it like around the state? I even recall seeing Trump signs just outside of Madison in Dane county, which is kind of rare. I didn't see hardly in Mt Horeb for Trump. Northern Wi this summer was all Trump, but with some surprise Biden signs in Eagle River/Minocqua. Driftless area is a mixed bag with towns having more Biden signs & rural areas with more Trump signs.
I think there were more signs for both parties this year. There were tons of Trump signs up through the Fox Valley and into lower Door County, and a few displays were pretty shocking to say the least. I saw a few trucks with "castrate liberals" stickers and homes with "f your feelings" flags.

North of Egg Harbor in Door County was mostly Biden.

I did see a few Biden signs in some rural areas where there were no Clinton signs four years ago. Madison was a sea of Biden signs, far more than 2016.

Old 11-10-2020, 12:52 PM
sub

4,963 posts, read 3,754,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
I think there were more signs for both parties this year. There were tons of Trump signs up through the Fox Valley and into lower Door County, and a few displays were pretty shocking to say the least. I saw a few trucks with "castrate liberals" stickers and homes with "f your feelings" flags.
how classy.
It's like the dump trump signs with images of fecal matter.
I saw a particularly large Trump sign with something spray painted on it that's probably not appropriate for this forum.
Trump signs had a way of being vandalized more often by a 10 to 1 margin at least, in my area anyway.

I don't understand the concept of yard signs really. Free speech and all that, cool beans, knock yourself out.
"Yes, this guy is running", is about all they amount to.
For local elections where nobody pays attention, they might remind the non-attention payers that something's going on.

Old 11-10-2020, 01:45 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sub View Post
how classy.
It's like the dump trump signs with images of fecal matter.
I saw a particularly large Trump sign with something spray painted on it that's probably not appropriate for this forum.
Trump signs had a way of being vandalized more often by a 10 to 1 margin at least, in my area anyway.

I don't understand the concept of yard signs really. Free speech and all that, cool beans, knock yourself out.
"Yes, this guy is running", is about all they amount to.
For local elections where nobody pays attention, they might remind the non-attention payers that something's going on.
There have been a couple of studies that show yard signs can sway a small percentage of the electorate. It makes sense when you consider some people vote for whoever they perceive to be the most popular among their friends and community.

As far as Biden vs. Trump displays, I found the Biden displays to be far more low key. His supporters tend to be far less ideological than the Trump people. There were quite a few BLM displays this summer in Madison that would make many people on the right cringe, but the lefties don't really support Biden even if they vote for him over Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin