Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 12:27 PM

270 posts, read 522,633 times

Advertisements

Wisconsin has got to be the most boring place on the planet.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:00 PM

17 posts, read 132,738 times
Default what makes it boring???

What is boring about Wisconsin?? Are you sure you are not boring?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:04 PM

What isn't boring about Wisconsin? What do people do here but drink beer, eat brats, and hang out in bars. People with nothing else to do hang out in bars all the time.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:06 PM

The only thing I've ever heard people talk about doing is going to the bar after work, or going to the pub (same thing as a bar).

And in the summer, when the weather is nice outside, you don't see people! It's like a ghost town on any street. People should be outside enjoying it, but no....they'll get out in the snow and go sledding, but in pretty sunny weather, where are the people? In a pub?

Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 PM

I don't see children playing in their backyards, I don't see people at parks. People in Wisconsin just like to watch tv and drink. And yes, what you've heard is true--people are unfriendly, but I think it's more of a lack of confidence than it is unfriendliness: people are afraid to look others in the eye--lack of social skills, I guess.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:33 PM

2 posts, read 30,442 times
Well where you live, must be a totally different part compared to the part of Wisconsin i live in (Madison). In the summer people are outside 24/7! Madison, if you didnt know, was rated one of the best biking, jogging, and most athletic cities in the country! Bikes outnumber cars in this city 3:2, and you see people biking to work almost every day, even in the winter.

I guess you probably live in a small town, and being stereotypical (as you are), you group all of wisconsin into a something its not.

Too bad you can't be in my part of the state, because your stupid stereotype would be SHATTERED.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:35 PM

Right now I'm in Kenosha.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:37 PM

And just a reminder: Wisconsin consists primarily of small towns, with the exclusion of Milwaukee.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM

3 posts, read 11,211 times
Default Madison

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjohnsonfromwi View Post
Well where you live, must be a totally different part compared to the part of Wisconsin i live in (Madison). In the summer people are outside 24/7! Madison, if you didnt know, was rated one of the best biking, jogging, and most athletic cities in the country! Bikes outnumber cars in this city 3:2, and you see people biking to work almost every day, even in the winter.

I guess you probably live in a small town, and being stereotypical (as you are), you group all of wisconsin into a something its not.

Too bad you can't be in my part of the state, because your stupid stereotype would be SHATTERED.
I agree about Madison it was a great place for us when I was in High school to spend the week end Madison ROCKS back then it was State street. And we get up that away a couple times a year and its still alot of fun and alwas something to do.

Old 01-06-2007, 06:54 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,137,667 times
I always was shocked at how people in Wisconsin were outside in harsh weather: cold, rain, heat...

In all fairness, I lived in Florida and I said the same. What great winter weather, and nobody is outside! People are slaves to comfort and would be inside, with the AC on in January, just because it was 75 as opposed to 80 outside. So crazy.

I suppose Madison is the exception, but I really think you are being unfair. Most Americans tend to stay inside and watch TV, eat, internet etc. Wisconsin does not have a monopoly on that. Also, any rural area will be "boring" based on your complaint....but yes I do agree, Wisconsin is certainly not a hot spot for fun activities. But there are many outdoor entertainment venues available, especilly when compared to other states.

I think people move here for the laid back lifestlye or are just happy with hanging out at bars in small towns since that may be all they know.

You should prob. try living in a bigger city, it may suit you better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin