Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 04:43 PM

6 posts, read 13,826 times

Advertisements

Drink heavily...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2011, 04:46 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,520,680 times
I don't care what you do, Senator....how about you stop hiding out and just get back there and do your job!

Old 03-01-2011, 08:44 PM

437 posts, read 817,088 times
I find this interesting because I live here now (R.L.) and I think most of the people I've met in the almost 3 years I've lived here to be very cold and unfriendly. I can't wait to move away. It is Rice Lake, people here are not friendly at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
I'm not worried about that at all. I lived in Rice Lake for years. That's just not Rice Lake. And I'm FROM there. I was born in Ladysmith, and grew up there in the Rice Lake area until the 8th grade.

(I keep saying I'm not quite sure what area I want to settle, but I think inside I've made up my mind it's probably going to be R.L... haha)

I've experienced a lot of that in Great Falls, Montana on the other hand... where I'm currently residing. When I tried to talk to my neighbor who was the same age back when I was 14, she kept acting like she was trying not to laugh. Like she was thinking, "Why is this girl talking to me?" It was weird. Of course, nowadays I wouldn't let that deter me, but back then being a shy kid anyway, that made me cower more into my shell.

I've always found it harder to get people to open up around here, even when I was actively trying. That's a problem here, not in northwest Wisconsin.

I'm sorry to say I just can't relate to that. I loved growing up there and when I've been back to visit in recent years, the town was always friendly wherever I went, even if I didn't know the people. I'm talking just clerks in the stores.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. People are different and relate to different places.

I'm curious - what cities or towns did you live in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin