Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2010, 07:39 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,809,477 times

Advertisements

I post a lot in the state forums even though I am not a residence. But because I would like to relocate in the near future, I thought it would be a great way of networking. I currently work for a global company in which I thought it would be easy to tranfer,but it has not been "GRAVY". It has not been easy to score an interview, much less an offer since I am out of state. I apply regularly on job search boards such as CareerBuilder.com and Indeed.com, scours the classifieds in local newspapers and search Google for the latest openings. I've found it very difficult to make connections without living in town, though. I am very hesitant to book trips to visit without any interviews lined up, and moving without a job isn't an option...(Not that crazy )So, readers, any advice on finding a job from out of town? All comments are welcomed. Thanks and God Bless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 09:29 PM

235 posts, read 465,673 times
I'm also interested in doing the same thing except for me it's finding an Entry Level job paying up to $40,000/yr for full time employment.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:36 PM

2,093 posts, read 4,701,277 times
It can be extremely difficult to secure a job in another state, especially in today's economy.

If you don't mind telling us, where do you want to relocate to and what industry are you in?

Old 06-28-2010, 09:40 PM

235 posts, read 465,673 times
Quote:
If you don't mind telling us, where do you want to relocate to and what industry are you in?
I would like to relocate to Glendale, AZ. In terms of what industry in my case it's Customer Service / Customer Support, Data Entry/Order Entry, Sales (retail, not selling insurance, cars, etc.), I do have some IT experience but no certifications for them.

I will be getting my Associates in Applied Science in Computer Application Systems around Xmas 2010.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:03 AM

2,919 posts, read 5,809,477 times
I work for a global company as an Executive Assistant...But I do have a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Mass Communications with a minor in Business Administration....I could go back to working in television if I had to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment