Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 05:48 PM

39 posts, read 151,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You know what annoys me? People who make $50k and do nothing but complain. Listen, money is a renewable resource. Go make some.
Who's "complaining"??? Can you read or even understand posts? I'm annoyed WITH complainers!!!! Go back to the OP! My 50 Grand works for me, if I can eventually make more, awesome! But if not then lord knows I will appreciate what I have and thank God that I at least have my health for the time being!

Old 04-25-2011, 05:57 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,232,014 times
com·plain/kəmˈplān/Verb 1. Express dissatisfaction or annoyance about a state of affairs or an event

I'd say expressing dissatisfaction with the conversations or attitudes of others qualifies.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:01 PM

1,446 posts, read 3,559,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
People have a right to complain when they aren't being paid what they are worth. If you are paid $80k/yr, but the industry average is $120k/yr, you should absolutely raise hell about it.

But, the salary that person has may be part of the company's competitive advantage. In this economy, who would do that when they could easily be replaced by an "industry average" from a source that possibly cooks the numbers.

Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,247,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmoss85 View Post
Who's "complaining"??? Can you read or even understand posts? I'm annoyed WITH complainers!!!! Go back to the OP! My 50 Grand works for me, if I can eventually make more, awesome! But if not then lord knows I will appreciate what I have and thank God that I at least have my health for the time being!
I read your OP. Then I was reminded what complaining meant by slackjaw (thanks, btw). So, to answer your question, YOU are complaining.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:20 PM
miu

17,721 posts, read 40,280,918 times
Quote:
I've read some of your other threads and posts, and you seem new to the job market and naive about what is a fair and average hourly rate of pay for the average person. Currently you make around $20 an hour and this thread makes you sound very jealous of anyone making $70-100K.

First, you were eavesdropping on a conversation that had nothing at all to do with you. You overheard some co-workers who were also friends, and they were venting some frustrations about life. Well no matter how much a person makes, life is never perfect. And you yourself also realized in another thread, that a single person who is unmarried and without kids has a lot less financial obligations than someone who is married and with kids.

Secondly, people who make more money, also have more taxes taken out of their paycheck than you do at $20 an hour. So someone making $70K a year is not literally taking home $1346 a week in take-home pay.

Thirdly, people who get paid $70-100K a year have way more specialized job skills than you do. And they have the added stress of having to constantly make themselves worth being paid $70-100K a year to their employer.

Lastly, your current job skills make you not worth any company paying you $70-100K a year, let alone $50K a year.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:26 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,257,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi26 View Post
I'd like to know what people are doing for a living making more than 70K, and also having a social life. Most people i Know making more are in management and basically live at work. No thanks
Pharma R&D

Quote:
Today I had a chance to listen in on a group lunch with workers from some big company and they were complaining about how much they were making!!! I'm sorry but especially after seeing all these threads on this site about people that can't even FIND a job, I have no sympathy for snooty stuck up white collar ***** holes!!!!! If your making 70-100K + where I live especially you need to ****!!!!!!!! Only a complete idiot would find it hard to live on that....
I'm not sitting in restaurants complaining about it. I can't afford to eat out on a regular basis. I do stress over money, tho. As someone else mentioned, the more you earn the more you pay in taxes. For homeowners, there's significant added expenses, which is fine. People will always be concerned about their finances.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:31 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,263,822 times
Quote:
This just gets better and better. In what universe are you not complaining?

Old 04-25-2011, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I've read some of your other threads and posts, and you seem new to the job market and naive about what is a fair and average hourly rate of pay for the average person. Currently you make around $20 an hour and this thread makes you sound very jealous of anyone making $70-100K.

First, you were eavesdropping on a conversation that had nothing at all to do with you. You overheard some co-workers who were also friends, and they were venting some frustrations about life. Well no matter how much a person makes, life is never perfect. And you yourself also realized in another thread, that a single person who is unmarried and without kids has a lot less financial obligations than someone who is married and with kids.

Secondly, people who make more money, also have more taxes taken out of their paycheck than you do at $20 an hour. So someone making $70K a year is not literally taking home $1346 a week in take-home pay.

Thirdly, people who get paid $70-100K a year have way more specialized job skills than you do. And they have the added stress of having to constantly make themselves worth being paid $70-100K a year to their employer.

Lastly, your current job skills make you not worth any company paying you $70-100K a year, let alone $50K a year.
Ok nobody cares what you think first off... secondly it's obvious your upset because I called out all the snobs... third i'm 25 years old and already make 50K, i'm willing to bet that your alot older than me by the way... and fourth since you obviously researched ALL my previous posts (do you have a life? oh yeah, you DON'T hence your over 9,000 posts so far on this site) so you should know that I said in my new job I should make 30.00 an hour sometime within the next ten years.. so at 35 I should be making roughly 62,000 a year plus whatever bonuses.. so YES I will be making good money!!! and guess what? my fiancee works too and makes roughly 40K a year and she's 24... Sooooooooooooo I think that by the time i'm in my mid 30's i'll be doing just fine! But I will not give snobs a pass, so basically i'm saying sorry you got offended but the truth must be told

Old 04-25-2011, 08:15 PM

19,018 posts, read 25,257,786 times
Quote:
Ok nobody cares what you think first off... secondly it's obvious your upset because I called out all the snobs... third i'm 25 years old and already make 50K, i'm willing to bet that your alot older than me by the way... and fourth since you obviously researched ALL my previous posts (do you have a life? oh yeah, you DON'T hence your over 9,000 posts so far on this site) so you should know that I said in my new job I should make 30.00 an hour sometime within the next ten years.. so at 35 I should be making roughly 62,000 a year plus whatever bonuses.. so YES I will be making good money!!! and guess what? my fiancee works too and makes roughly 40K a year and she's 24... Sooooooooooooo I think that by the time i'm in my mid 30's i'll be doing just fine! But I will not give snobs a pass, so basically i'm saying sorry you got offended but the truth must be told
It's unlikey you will navigate outside of your class. Most folk don't. When you're earning that 65k in 10 years it will have no more value than the 40-50k you're earning now. That will be the rub and you'll probably complain about it.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
It's unlikey you will navigate outside of your class. Most folk don't. When you're earning that 65k in 10 years it will have no more value than the 40-50k you're earning now. That will be the rub and you'll probably complain about it.
No I probably won't.. Try again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment