Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:50 PM

6,041 posts, read 11,487,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
You realize CEO's are employees as well, right? What if that CEO is brining in millions of dollars of revenue?
In that case, they deserve their salary.

But there are also CEO's that only care about making their 4:00 tee time meanwhile the lower down employees do all the work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 02:50 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,213,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Either manderly is mixing up lagitimate small and medium buisness with behemouth multi nationals that are chewing up and spitting out our entire nation or he is someone from which you should distance yourself from becuase he likely represents or is a major player in a multi national.
I'm not mixing up anything. Simply pointing out the obvious.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city_data91 View Post
You're right. Paying CEO's less money doesn't necessarily mean more money for the other employees. But at the very least, it would make the CEO pay to average worker pay ratio more reasonable. And if they lowered the CEO salary and they had extra money left over, what else would they do with it? There's a high chance the average worker would get a raise.
Please explain how you conclude that "There's a high chance the average worker would get a raise"? What are you basing this statment off of?

623 posts, read 1,604,547 times
Quote:
In that case, they deserve their salary.

But there are also CEO's that only care about making their 4:00 tee time meanwhile the lower down employees do all the work.
This thread is complete waste of time. You can't debate something with people who have no logical, educated response.

Your basic stance is "its not fair" I don't debate issues with children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Also when multinationals and gov cronies started breaking up the unions it drove wages way down, that started happening about the same time as out sourcing. Collective bargaining kept wages at an approriate level comensurate with the cost of living and an american standard of living, that has started to disappear the last decade.
Unions can be a good thing or a bad thing. They can ensure fair wages. But just like CEO's, unions can also abuse their power.

I've heard stories of the way it used to be at Ford. People working low level jobs with Ford made high hourly wages.

I think we should find a happy medium. Honestly, I think a happy medium is what's best for everyone.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:53 PM

623 posts, read 1,604,547 times
Quote:
Please explain how you conclude that "There's a high chance the average worker would get a raise"? What are you basing this statment off of?
He is basing it off of nothing! In in his own little world he thinks that would happen.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
This thread is complete waste of time. You can't debate something with people who have no logical, educated response.

Your basic stance is "its not fair" I don't debate issues with children.
I'm just going by what other people post. Someone else posted about how some higher ups in the workplace spend the day golfing while putting the work burden on their subordinates

Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I'm just going by what other people post. Someone else posted about how some higher ups in the workplace spend the day golfing while putting the work burden on their subordinates
This should be made permanent on the bottom of every one of your posts.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleelvis View Post
So why the concern you won't make decent living?
Because there are unemployed or underemployed college graduates these days. Just because you have skills doesn't necessarily mean you will get hired.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
This should be made permanent on the bottom of every one of your posts.
I don't base every post off of what other people say. I was just basing that one post off of something another poster said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment