Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 10:37 AM

1 posts, read 856 times

Advertisements

SMH(Shaking My Head), I can only laugh as I read the various post about Kearney Executive Search. I have recieved the exact emails as everyone here has posted on the thread from Greg Harrison. I tried to search Linked In and some social media sites to identify this Greg Harrison character. However I am curious to know what is the company's purpose in taking this approach?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 01:04 PM

1 posts, read 844 times
Here is mine as well ... fresh just received --- I do not recal that I have ever applied to any of staff accountant position...

Sam Baldwin [EMAIL="sbaldwin@kearneyexecutivesearch.com"]sbaldwin@kearneyexecutivesearch.com[/EMAIL]
12:13 PM (1 hour ago)
to M

Hi M -- This is Sam Baldwin and I am the hiring manager for the Staff Accountant positions. I received your information from one of our employment partners and I just wanted to send a quick note introducing myself.
Sorry it has taken me so long to get back in touch with you regarding your interest in the Staff Accountant open positions in Chicago. We had an overwhelming response to our previous hiring campaign. At this point, we are still looking to fill the remaining Staff Accountant open positions.
For your review, I have attached a copy of the Staff Accountant position description to this email as a PDF file. Please let me know if you have any questions.
I will be reaching out to you within the next 3-5 days with further details.
I thank you sincerely for your interest.
Thank You.
Regards,
Sam Baldwin
Recruiting Manager
Kearney Executive Search
[EMAIL="sbaldwin@kearneyexecutivesearch.com"]sbaldwin@kearneyexecutivesearch.com[/EMAIL]
If you are no longer interested, please click HERE to be removed from our pool of interested candidates.
------------
For Office Use Only:
Email Address: [EMAIL="m@.com"]m@.com[/EMAIL]
Application Date: 21 Nov 2012
Position: Staff Accountant

Old 11-30-2012, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Am_I_Here View Post
I was contacted via email and they claim they got my information from one of their "employment partners". I have done a number of on-line requests for them, but still seem to get a "to good to be true" vibe...

So has anyone here dealt with them?

Thanks!
Actually, I just got a message from the same organization. I went to their website which does not provide any real information. Thanks for making other aware of this organization.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:57 PM

4 posts, read 3,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay816 View Post
I too was contacted by a "Greg Harrison" from Kearny Executive Search. I went on their website, which "looks" legit but try calling the phone number listed. It's DISCONNECTED. Unh hunh. And who contacts you several times via email for a job? Wouldn't they just pick up the phone and call?

There's nothing posted about the company, their partnerships. And who posts on their website "recent career placememts." Who does that??

Last week they sent me an email indicating they wanted me to send them my resume. I didn't. Then they sent me another email this morning indicating that I made it through the selection process?? Ummm I did? How so?

Nonetheless, something smells awfully fishy.....
These same people have contacted me and advised me that I needed to take a pre-employment test. I went to the site (Kearney Executive Search), and it had the test listed, along with a Study Guide for the test. The book cost about $20.00. I have not taken the test yet. But, a few things seem really fishy:
1. No telephone contact by recruiter
2. Selling a book to job seekers for testing

Old 12-07-2012, 05:11 PM

The BBB gives the company an "F" rating and the number listed has been disconnected:
Phone: (888) 617-6169
1345 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10105
info@kearneyexecutivesearch.com

Kearney Executive Search

On a scale of A+ to F
Reason for Rating
BBB Ratings System Overview

Old 12-10-2012, 01:15 PM

I have filed a complaint with the FTC. Please go to the following site and file a complaint: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

It only took me about 2 minutes for file the complaint.

I too got the scam email, and had a link to a test to buy a book. Also, no telephone number in the email, no response to reply emails, and the number on the BBB site is disconnected and the BBB has given them a "F" rating (Kearney Executive Search Review - RECRUITMENT SERVICES in New York, NY - BBB Business Review - BBB serving Metropolitan New York, Long Island, and the Mid-Hudson Region).

Here is the latest email I was sent from "Rick":

Dear Larry -

A couple of days ago I sent you a message regarding taking our skills assessment test (see below). This is a reminder note regarding completion of the skills assessment test for the Contact Center Supervisor position..As of today, we do not have receipt of your test submission. Please read my note below for further instructions.

If you are still interested, please continue to read this message. However if you are no longer interested, please click HERE to be removed from our pool of interested candidates.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

Thank You.

Regards,
Rick
------------------

Hi Larry-- This is Rick again with Kearney Executive Search

Thanks for your patience as we work through all the applications.

At this point, I want to move you forward in our hiring process which includes completing a pre-employment skills assessment test.

To get started with these next steps, please go to the online employment center to find out further instructions at: Kearney Executive Search

This position is located in Atlanta.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.

For your review, I have attached a copy of the Contact Center Supervisor position description to this email as a PDF file. Please let me know if you have any questions.

However, if you are no longer interested, please click HERE to be removed from our pool of interested candidates.

Regards,
Rick Taylor
Recruiting Manager
Kearney Executive Search
rtaylor@kearneyexecutivesearch.com

------------
For Office Use:
Email Address: larrydonjackson@gmail.com
Application Date: 22 Nov 2012
Position: Contact Center Supervisor
-------------

Old 12-10-2012, 01:54 PM

Forward all these Scammer/Spammers emails to the following FTC email:

spam@uce.gov

Online FTC Complaint form nd other contact information:
Contact Us

Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 PM

3,118 posts, read 5,369,452 times
I'm so let down they aren't real. I didn't buy the study guide (which was my red flag), but I am looking for a job and this one seemed legit. I feel like I just go a rejection letter! What a scam though.

Old 01-11-2013, 10:16 AM

1 posts, read 674 times
I too was scamed by this company. They offered be a job but said that I had to take a test to qualify for the postion. I paid money to take the test and passed but I never got a reply back from Greg. Nothing. I tried contacting him and calling but I got nothing. I tried to file a complaint with the BBB but they could not investigate it because they could not verify the phone number and the address turns out to be a Starbucks. So upset about this. I dont know what to do to prosecute.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment