Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 04:24 PM

580 posts, read 2,294,714 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado xxxxx View Post
I would say bordering on illegal. I get his point, while I don't necessarily agree with all of it, but this smacks off Jimmy Hoffa telling his union buddies to vote a certain way or else.

Maybe this guy needs whacked. Come to think of it there are a lot of CEO's who need whacked. But who's going to dig all the holes? Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 05:04 PM

12,113 posts, read 23,338,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
Unless his employees have a bumper sticker. Or mention it at work. I know who all my neighbors and coworkers are voting for--and I never even asked them.
Doesn't matter. A private employee can be fired for anything or for nothing. In the few states that provide political protection, you will have to prove that you were fired for your political affiliation, which you are only going to prove if the employer keeps Reps and exclusively fires Dems.

Commentary: Your political affiliation can get you fired | Missouri Lawyers Media

Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,536,969 times
Sunds like a disgusting unethical employer. I would look at working elsewhere if I were there.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:13 AM

1,412 posts, read 4,490,217 times
There is nothing wrong with what he sent. He is very clear to the employees, if the economy continues the way it is, but he is taxed higher then he will have to reduce staff. Obviously he feels that Romney will not tax him the same way Obama will. He has no way of knowing who voted for who, so if he does lay off if Obama wins that it will be strategic and not based on who they voted for. He specifically tells them to vote for who they feel best represents their needs, I think many of you just want to bash a CEO because he is a CEO and are missing his basic message.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:21 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,224,765 times
Actually this is legal. His corporation will benefit from Obama policies if they cut healthcare and just pay the penalty.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:10 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,946,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post
There is nothing wrong with what he sent. He is very clear to the employees, if the economy continues the way it is, but he is taxed higher then he will have to reduce staff. Obviously he feels that Romney will not tax him the same way Obama will. He has no way of knowing who voted for who, so if he does lay off if Obama wins that it will be strategic and not based on who they voted for. He specifically tells them to vote for who they feel best represents their needs, I think many of you just want to bash a CEO because he is a CEO and are missing his basic message.
What garbage..

We understand his message perfectly, and we have no doubts about what kind of person he really is...

Old 10-11-2012, 10:32 AM

3,382 posts, read 4,086,365 times
I give this guy props.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:37 AM

934 posts, read 1,941,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bande1102 View Post
I think it's wrong to imply that if you vote for Obama, you could lose your job.
I think its wrong for school officials to humiliate and insult a girl who wore a Romney shirt to school, also.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:42 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,759,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
What garbage..

We understand his message perfectly, and we have no doubts about what kind of person he really is...
Yep.

It's funny too. The same folks on this forum I pretty much predicted would defend his garbage did just that.

Old 10-11-2012, 10:55 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times
It's called FREE SPEECH folks, and it applies to everyone, whether you're on City Data or the CEO of a company. Wake up and smell the coffee. Obama is leading this country to a disaster. No, it's not all his fault and he had plenty of help from W and his wars and runaway spending. But Obama OWNS this economy now and things are going to get plenty worse if he is re-elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment