Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 06:27 PM

22,331 posts, read 29,417,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Thanks for pointing that out. This country is full of people who seem to see nothing wrong with cheating on their taxes. It definitely diminishes my sympathy for him.

Take a look at my profile pic and let me know if I look like a him..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2012, 08:05 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,843,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Take a look at my profile pic and let me know if I look like a him..
It could be a tranny...

Old 10-28-2012, 08:38 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,739,820 times
Take it down a notch. If something like that is going to **** you off so much, maybe change fields. Being a waiter takes a lot of patience.

And look for another company. If you work at a high end restaurant you can make serious money compared to the Outback.

Old 10-28-2012, 09:02 PM

4,400 posts, read 13,392,410 times
Quote:
This is a complete incorrect statement. I was never rude to the customer and yes I fought with the manager over this because there were pissed off people that this lady skipped over to sit at a 6 top that THEY had already been waiting 45 mins for THAT table. I went right to the manager when I realized what happened and he didn't handle the situation correctly period. He has no balls. She could have sat at my four top very easily. I have EVERY right to be pissed that my ONLY 6 top was being held by ONE woman for THREE hours on a FRIDAY night and I didn't even get an F-ING PENNY from her.
^^^^ Please refer to this attitude and statement when you ask yourself why this former manager gave you a bad reference. Yes, you are rehireable as far as the company is concerned...but that does NOT mean they ever would rehire you or that internally you are rehireable. And this attitude, well, I can see why the first manager warned the second one not to rehire. Kind of like hiring a plumber who did a bad job for your friend. Yes the plumbing job was completed and there were no ACTUAL code violations, but you know from the friend the guy/girl was a PAIN to work with...so while the friend never officially said anything hegative, you won't use that plumber.

Old 10-29-2012, 02:56 AM

115 posts, read 186,200 times
It might work better to go somewhere else, restore your work history, and try to return to OSI in the future with a good history. You might even decide to stay away if things work out at a new position.

Old 10-29-2012, 04:46 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,587,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummifuzz View Post
I've yet to meet a server that claims cash tips. A lot of people tip with a credit card so she's likely claiming most her tips. And really, YOU'D report small amounts of cash people give you? Yeah right. I got $50 in cash for my birthday once, did I 'defraud' the IRS by not reporting it? Maybe, but I'm trying real hard to give a ****. Like I'm trying hard to care if a server working for $2.13 an hour is getting taxed properly on a few cash tips. Jeeze you people are heartless.
Actually I do report my small amounts of cash received. I perform weddings, funerals & baptisms, and am frequently given an honorarium. It is always recorded and claimed when I file my taxes. When you can lie and cheat on the smallest of things, what is stopping you from lying and cheating on the larger things? Where do you draw the line? $50, $500, $1,000,000 - in all cases you are cheating, the only thing left to determine is what degree of a cheat are you.

Old 10-29-2012, 12:47 PM

2,734 posts, read 4,149,709 times
Quote:
This is a complete incorrect statement. I was never rude to the customer and yes I fought with the manager over this because there were pissed off people that this lady skipped over to sit at a 6 top that THEY had already been waiting 45 mins for THAT table. I went right to the manager when I realized what happened and he didn't handle the situation correctly period. He has no balls. She could have sat at my four top very easily. I have EVERY right to be pissed that my ONLY 6 top was being held by ONE woman for THREE hours on a FRIDAY night and I didn't even get an F-ING PENNY from her.
Look, I completely agree that the customer was wrong. She should not have barged in front of others, she should not have hogged the big table, and she should not have tried to pay with a credit card number written on a piece of paper. I also completely agree that your manager should have backed you up on it, but perhaps he was afraid of accused of discrimination against someone with a disability? Stupid, I know, but that customer sounded like a jerk and just like someone who would do that. I have a feeling that she uses her disability to get what she wants.

Your manager didn't handle it correctly, but neither did you. Perhaps you weren't rude with the customer, but fighting with your manager and then giving your two weeks notice probably made him angry. Yes, I know it was done in the heat of anger. That's why when someone gets angry at work it's better to cool off before you respond.

You know, we all make mistakes, and once you realize that you also made mistakes you will be better off. The fact that you are getting so angry on this thread at anyone who says this may mean you need to work on your anger management skills.

Old 10-29-2012, 09:28 PM

46 posts, read 224,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
Actually I do report my small amounts of cash received. I perform weddings, funerals & baptisms, and am frequently given an honorarium. It is always recorded and claimed when I file my taxes. When you can lie and cheat on the smallest of things, what is stopping you from lying and cheating on the larger things? Where do you draw the line? $50, $500, $1,000,000 - in all cases you are cheating, the only thing left to determine is what degree of a cheat are you.
Good for you, but not all of us feel the IRS has a right to every dime that passes through our hands. If it's cash, I don't report.

Old 10-30-2012, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebunny View Post
^^^^ Please refer to this attitude and statement when you ask yourself why this former manager gave you a bad reference. Yes, you are rehireable as far as the company is concerned...but that does NOT mean they ever would rehire you or that internally you are rehireable. And this attitude, well, I can see why the first manager warned the second one not to rehire. Kind of like hiring a plumber who did a bad job for your friend. Yes the plumbing job was completed and there were no ACTUAL code violations, but you know from the friend the guy/girl was a PAIN to work with...so while the friend never officially said anything hegative, you won't use that plumber.
You're so way off base..

Old 10-30-2012, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by statisticsnerd View Post
It could be a tranny...
In your dreams
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment