Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2012, 06:20 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,438,867 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
professions that require u to put on one great friendly happy face despite how you feel and how unfairly and badly u r treated could be labeled sociopath friendly but really its just another way of making people crazy.
That's pretty much society now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2012, 06:37 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,403,338 times
I was thinking about this today....I am going to say clergy.
1. Sexual molestation fiasco...
2. Jim and Tammy Baker mess.
3. Ted Haggard...preaches against gays by day...cruises gay bars at night.
4. How can a preacher ask poor folks for money, and drive a fancy car?

Old 11-16-2012, 09:04 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,047,481 times
When you give a person a license to kill (police) you best not **** off or cross that person. Many cops are power hungry & have zero personality.

Old 11-16-2012, 09:17 PM

3,276 posts, read 7,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I was thinking about this today....I am going to say clergy.
1. Sexual molestation fiasco...
2. Jim and Tammy Baker mess.
3. Ted Haggard...preaches against gays by day...cruises gay bars at night.
4. How can a preacher ask poor folks for money, and drive a fancy car?
There are some decent preachers. They can usually be found at the smaller congregations. You just have to hunt around.

IMO, any church with over 300 members or so is suspect. If the "preacher" constantly talks about expanding the church and sells his books, you know it is just a business for him. A lot of them lure people in with this feel-good baloney and some have bands and musicians to entertain the congregation. I guarantee that the "preachers" at these types of establishments are just in it for the money. For example, many people who have dealt with Joel Olsteen personally have said that he is a cold businessman behind closed doors. That sappy fake grin is just for show. These mega church "preachers" are just con-men, most of them.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 PM

708 posts, read 879,658 times
Hmm..not sure there is one given field that attracts more psychopaths than another.

You can't always know what motivates someone to pursue a certain field, someone could become a social worker if they saw it as a stepping stone to something else.

I also think it would be difficult to be in certain fields where you are ethical, but many others who are more successful than you don't always play by the rules...the real estate field sort of strikes me to be like this.

Old 11-17-2012, 07:41 AM

7,237 posts, read 12,755,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lickety_Split View Post
The poll is worse than useless. How did they arrive at that list? The only possible way I could see is by the number of arrests made on people who were later deemed by authorities as a "psychopath."
But see, percentage-wise the number of sociopaths who are caught as compared to the number still romaing free among us is miniscule. The poll also contradicts itself when it lists "surgeon" as one of the highest psychopath jobs, but then "doctor" as one of the lowest.
BTW: the term "psychopath" is used erroneously in the polls. The correct term is, rather, "sociopath." A psychopath lives in a fantasy-riddled world of delusion and thinks dogs are telling him to kill people. He doesn't know the difference between right & wrong.
A "sociopath" on the other hand, is fully functional and very aware of the difference between right and wrong. He just thinks he is above it all and that rules are for others, not for him. He also has an innate inability to feel empathy for others.
Some professionals do use psychopath and sociopath interchangeably.

A Psychopath is, in essence, a far more dangerous Sociopath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment