Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 05:40 PM

45,337 posts, read 60,512,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
You are flirting with getting reported, watch it
Report away Big Boy. Don't ask questions if you can't handle the answer.

At this point I consider you a leech who steals money from the deserving unemployed. After nearly 2 years out of work you should be trying to find a job, well I guess you are within your strictly defined parameters of whatever made up rules you have, instead of whining about the potential loss of EUC. Which will happen sooner or later.

I might have more sympathy for you but I then look at people I grew up with now in their late 50's who, when faced with unemployment, will take any job offered, most consisting of manual labor.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:42 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,998,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
Fine Big Boy. Don't ask questions if you can't handle the answer.

I tried but now I have to do what I planned on doing. I;m sick of this

Old 12-18-2012, 05:44 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
Bob Corker interview covered by Politico: But he said there was no chance of a deal by the end of this week, because the negotiations weren’t focused enough on entitlement reform.

Read more: Bob Corker: ?We?re not close? - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com

Hopefully, given how long the lack of a deal has been in the news, the vast majority on EUC have Plan B's ready to go. Corker in the past has consistently been a good source of info, due to his network of friends amongst all of the different types of Senators. And what is chilling, is there has been no GOP press release disputing his analysis.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:39 PM

810 posts, read 1,762,874 times
The unemployment situation is honestly scaring me at the moment. I admit when I first lost my job for the first 6 months I was VERY picky about the jobs I would apply to and I didn't realize how bad the unemployment situation was.
After the first 6 months it began to sink in and I had a huge slap in the face and I woke up and realized exactly how bad it is. I would love to get any job and at the moment there's nothing beneth me anything is better than this worrying. The only benefit is I have tested and passed for the post office and for PG&E here so I am waiting for something to open, I tested for the DMV and I am waiting for my results I hope I passed.
I still need a "tide me over" job until something comes thru. Unfortunately I have realized I am not entitled to ANYTHING and I don't care if I what job I have as long as it is a stable job.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostinca View Post
The unemployment situation is honestly scaring me at the moment. I admit when I first lost my job for the first 6 months I was VERY picky about the jobs I would apply to and I didn't realize how bad the unemployment situation was.
After the first 6 months it began to sink in and I had a huge slap in the face and I woke up and realized exactly how bad it is. I would love to get any job and at the moment there's nothing beneth me anything is better than this worrying. The only benefit is I have tested and passed for the post office and for PG&E here so I am waiting for something to open, I tested for the DMV and I am waiting for my results I hope I passed.
I still need a "tide me over" job until something comes thru. Unfortunately I have realized I am not entitled to ANYTHING and I don't care if I what job I have as long as it is a stable job.

Seems like time goes so damm fast when you are not working. I remember it being February then all of a sudden I woke up and it was May. But time doesn't go that fast when you are working

Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Seems like time goes so damm fast when you are not working. I remember it being February then all of a sudden I woke up and it was May. But time doesn't go that fast when you are working
No it doesn't. It's already the 18th, and it seems like thanksgiving was just a day or two ago. What the heck? I'm trying not to think about how close the 12/29 date is but I can only avoid reality for so long. I just want to work dang it!

Old 12-18-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
I would love to get any job and at the moment there's nothing beneth me anything is better than this worrying. The only benefit is I have tested and passed for the post office and for PG&E here so I am waiting for something to open, I tested for the DMV and I am waiting for my results I hope I passed.

Congratulations, accepting the reality you dislike is a huge step many never take.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Congratualtions, accepting the reality you dislike is a huge step many never take.

Many don't take it because it doesn't accomplish anything.

Old 12-18-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Congratualtions, accepting the reality you dislike is a huge step many never take.
I know it's not pretty but it's reality. I am spinning my wheels trying to figure out how to move and leave Ca. Employment has to be easier somewhere else . . .

Old 12-18-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
I know it's not pretty but it's reality. I am spinning my wheels trying to figure out how to move and leave Ca. Employment has to be easier somewhere else . . .
Excellent. Being willing to relocate and adapt puts you in far better shape than most with similar lengths of unemployment. Insanity is the act of doing the same things again and again, expecting different results. If one has not found work in the regions and occupations they continue to seek work in, that would fit the bill of expecting new results from the same old, same old tactics. At least mentally you have prepared yourself to accept not using the old tactics, while expecting new results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment