Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2013, 07:10 AM

30 posts, read 33,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapcharly View Post
again don't be suck by these sucker... you worth more than a job . I know guys with no job since 3 years and they moved to Asia and have a comfortable life for less 600$ a month.

you can even do some business on your own, teaching English, Web mastering,...

It takes money to start a business. I'm an American citizen, and I want to work in America in my home state. That isn't too much to ask. Not every person is able to move nor can they afford to. What disturbs me is that I have neighbors who aren't Americans who have jobs, own their own home, have numerous cars, but don't speak very well English. WTF is wrong with this picture????????????????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 04:04 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,857,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckodeirish View Post
Good idea. The daughter of the person I mentioned above is heading to the Air Force in September. After seeing what her dad went through she recognized that the military is a damn good option.
Aye and I've been spamming any application I could get my hands on for months now with not a single interview to show for it before I said **** it I'm going back to school and squeeze every dime I can get from the GI Bill. Plus the Officer grade pay isn't half bad...

Old 06-16-2013, 04:40 PM

1,923 posts, read 2,413,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvthepack View Post
It takes money to start a business. I'm an American citizen, and I want to work in America in my home state. That isn't too much to ask. Not every person is able to move nor can they afford to. What disturbs me is that I have neighbors who aren't Americans who have jobs, own their own home, have numerous cars, but don't speak very well English. WTF is wrong with this picture????????????????????
From the ones I've seen, they don't have nice homes (dumps actually), but they do have nice cars.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:04 PM

53 posts, read 285,543 times
I have been unemployed for three months now and live off charity basically. I actually sat on the street yesterday with a sign to get gas money as I could not go to some interviews this week due to lack of gas and income. UI were denied and I am losing it all. It sucks and I really don't know how people can continue to survive like this.

I hear a lot of talk about people on welfare, too lazy to work. Where is this welfare? I haven't been able to find it yet. Or am I the wrong nationality? I really don't get it. I could just lay down and die.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:06 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,506,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_B View Post
I have been unemployed for three months now and live off charity basically. I actually sat on the street yesterday with a sign to get gas money as I could not go to some interviews this week due to lack of gas and income. UI were denied and I am losing it all. It sucks and I really don't know how people can continue to survive like this.

I hear a lot of talk about people on welfare, too lazy to work. Where is this welfare? I haven't been able to find it yet. Or am I the wrong nationality? I really don't get it. I could just lay down and die.
I am truly sorry. The gravy train comes when you have kids, no kids you get almost nada. And it helps to be in a pro social program state think NY, CA, VT.

Old 06-16-2013, 05:07 PM

I have noticed that. Kids or over 65, yeah and the south sux

Old 06-16-2013, 05:21 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,997,381 times
Quote:

No UC-were you fired for cause?

Old 06-16-2013, 05:42 PM

I was but the cause is BS and I am a) appealling it over the local union and b) filed a discrimination claim

Old 06-17-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by parried View Post
From the ones I've seen, they don't have nice homes (dumps actually), but they do have nice cars.
LOL! I live in a condo, and they're not dumpy.

Old 06-17-2013, 07:22 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry to hear about your difficult time. People also tell me to apply for welfare, but it doesn't apply to me since I don't have kids. Although you were denied unemployment, I would appeal it. I knew someone who worked as an Adjudicator, and if you appeal it, many times you will win. The employer uses intimidation tactics and assumes most people would be too afraid to appeal.

Hope things improve for you!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment