Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 09:30 AM

752 posts, read 1,167,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutra11 View Post
So your real beef is with anyone who is non-American. There isn't any point in even trying to present facts since your xenophobic vision has clouded your ability to have any rational discussion.
I will present fact to you. What is GDP of India? Is it any one know good power tools, cars, airplane, pharmacy, chemical etc company from India? I don't know what you play here.
So you are not capable build anything in yours own country but you will build something here. I know what you can do - nothing except lamenting about every cent. You Indians are worthless actors.
I hope that you criminals will be stopped from entering at tourist visas and study at expense of US citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
In my cohort in my PhD program there were 6 of us and 4 of the 6 were immigrants or first generation Americans. I think it gets more common the further up the education chain you go.
It is because US citizens must pay for postgraduate education and immigrant (criminals) do that for free. It was multiple times explained at Fox News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 09:35 AM

5,344 posts, read 6,185,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitop View Post
I will present fact to you. What is GDP of India? Is it any one know good power tools, cars, airplane, pharmacy, chemical etc company from India? I don't know what you play here.
So you are not capable build anything in yours own country but you will build something here. I know what you can do - nothing except lamenting about every cent. You Indians are worthless actors.
I hope that you criminals will be stopped from entering at tourist visas and study at expense of US citizens.

It is because US citizens must pay for postgraduate education and immigrant (criminals) do that for free. It was multiple times explained at Fox News.
Interesting, I didn't pay for my postgraduate education and I am a US Citizen.

From reading your posts I think you are a troll. You are using broken English, yet speaking negatively of foreigners....

Old 08-23-2013, 09:39 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,231,126 times
Quote:

You do realize that 90% of India's GDP is in shadow markets now, don't you? Factor that into reported GDP numbers and you would be surprised. I am not Indian, but my grad program (top ranked MBA) was 40% international. It was that way because they accept people purely based on academic and work performance. There simply aren't enough Americans who can compete to get into the program. Instead of bashing people who come here for jobs, why don't we try to increase our educational system so that Americans can actually compete on a global scale?

Additionally, since 2000 India's GDP has grown by 295% whereas the United States GDP has only increased by 51%, so they are hardly a country to bash in terms of GDP.

One final thing - Foreign students absolutely pay tuition for graduate degrees. I am not sure where you get this BS.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzourah2006 View Post
Interesting, I didn't pay for my postgraduate education and I am a US Citizen.

From reading your posts I think you are a troll. You are using broken English, yet speaking negatively of foreigners....
You qualify for low income students. You are immigrant to. If you will be stop at time we would not have pay for worthless education. It is inline what I said before. Children of normal average successful USA citizens cannot afford post graduate education.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You do realize that 90% of India's GDP is in shadow markets now, don't you?
I realize that and I realize that all Indians do is shadow product and business. I hold add at Craigs list and when I hear theirs accent at phone I finish conversation. What business I can do with people that do not have any creativity then are completely into taking advantage of other people.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
One final thing - Foreign students absolutely pay tuition for graduate degrees. I am not sure where you get this BS.
From Fox News. No one of them pay nothing. Someone else up wrote like some are rich and some study at expense of US tax payer. True is 99 999 study on US expense and 1 pay for.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:02 AM

5,344 posts, read 6,185,395 times
Quote:
You qualify for low income students. You are immigrant to. If you will be stop at time we would not have pay for worthless education. It is inline what I said before. Children of normal average successful USA citizens cannot afford post graduate education
lol. I am a low income student? How is that defined? From my parents income?
Technically as a student about 99% of them would be "low income" if you are referring to their income. If you are referring to my parents income, together they earn around 300k (not wealthy, but not "low income").

You do realize that PhD programs are fully funded based upon merit. It has nothing to do with whether I am or was a low income student. Every student accepted into the program was fully funded, except the immigrants (which is rather ironic because you were inferring the exact opposite).

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,379,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by move4ward View Post
You can't even good reporting people for basic SQL. I ask candidates with 10+ years of SQL experience something simple.

I ask them to pull a list of records with null employee_ids in a dummy table with 10 records.

SELECT employee, employee_id
FROM tb_employee
WHERE employee_id = null

The most experienced candidate had a computer science degree in the 1980's, and had been working in IT for over 25 years.

Just because somebody has a degree, it doesn't mean they are capable.
IS NULL, not = NULL.

I'm a SQL head, have been for 8 years. You should see my queries. They're beautiful.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:23 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,200,222 times
Quote:
From Fox News. No one of them pay nothing. Someone else up wrote like some are rich and some study at expense of US tax payer.
Ahh, that explains! The Fox News! And on top of that, you have some magnificient reading and comprehension skills. You have the unique ability to extrapolate and construe based on your infinite wisdom, rather than reading the material and trying to infer what is being conveyed.

Let me help you. What was mentioned in one of the previous posts was that foreign students are found less often in top tier and ivy schools as compared to State schools or schools with reasonable tuition. No mention of foreign students studying for free at the expense of tax payers. Not sure if you attended college, but if you did, you might realize that foreign students are charged "out of state" tuition; so in reality, they pay 2-4x the tuition than a local/in-state student.

Old 08-23-2013, 10:26 AM

2,257 posts, read 5,200,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
IS NULL, not = NULL.

I'm a SQL head, have been for 8 years. You should see my queries. They're beautiful.
You're right. I am not a programmer but I have written queries extensively in the past. Sometime when I randomly find the old documents, I admire how fantastic they are - the structure, the flow and yes, the logic. Queries are indeed beautiful!

Old 08-23-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davenj08 View Post
Not sure if you attended college, but if you did, you might realize that foreign students are charged "out of state" tuition; so in reality, they pay 2-4x the tuition than a local/in-state student.
It was at Fox News multiple times that over 20 states cancel out of state tuition, and only reason is that college can take federal money for criminals that come here at tourist visas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment