Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 01:32 PM

10,375 posts, read 10,706,990 times

Advertisements

I would order five cartridges and when you get down to around three, I would order five more. In fact, you should check if there is a quantity discount available so you could tell people you saved the company money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2014, 01:37 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,698,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
I would order five cartridges and when you get down to around three, I would order five more. In fact, you should check if there is a quantity discount available so you could tell people you saved the company money.
I would recommend this as well but there are times when storage and or budgets could be an issue. I've been told not to order because they don't want to screw up the monthly/quarterly budget.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:38 PM

537 posts, read 1,246,738 times
Thanks, Bo. Three extra toners were ordered when the original order was placed.

MPowering1, thanks for your response. I think I needed a slap back in reality and realize that it's important to be as proactive as possible, especially when it comes to necessary functions in the office. This is the first time this has happened since working here, and I don't intend on letting it happen again in the future.

Thanks for the helpful responses.

Old 07-08-2014, 01:45 PM

537 posts, read 1,246,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Is it YOUR job to order the toner?

If so, be frustrated at her reaction all you want, but it would serve YOU better to be apologetic and keep the effing toner in stock.

Also, learn about how to implement kanban in your ordering process:

Kanban - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Be glad she only gave you "the look." When I first started, I worked for a guy who would have treated the office to a profanity-filled, box-kicking tirade.
Are you okay?

Old 07-08-2014, 01:45 PM

898 posts, read 938,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
Am I weird for thinking she's rude? I haven't been treated this way in a long time, and it makes coming in to work everyday misery.
Well, maybe she could have done without "the look", but it's reasonable for her to request that folks in the office notify the appropriate party when toner is low. I would suggest finding ways to make things run more smoothly. For instance, can you have a priority two vendor with good lead times that can supply your ink toner when the priority one vendor is on back order? Can you back stock items that you know the office cannot do without?

It's a win/win. No more dirty looks from her, and you've made yourself a hot commodity in the office by showing some initiative and value add.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:16 PM

49,927 posts, read 60,089,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkwithwords View Post
Are you okay?
Yep! But I'm the one giving "the look" these days, so ....

Seriously, though. Kanban.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:19 PM

552 posts, read 835,864 times
You should tell her to go to Staples and get some.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,818,222 times
Toner? Copy machines? How did I get from 2014 to 2004? Might as well watch the "Friends" finale and bet on the New England Patriots for the Superbowl while I'm here.

Old 07-08-2014, 02:22 PM

898 posts, read 938,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoma11 View Post
You should tell her to go to Staples and get some.
This sounds like a recipe for a promotion and significant upward mobility within the organization.

"We definitely see management potential in drunkwithwords."

Old 07-08-2014, 02:33 PM

552 posts, read 835,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DM1N View Post
This sounds like a recipe for a promotion and significant upward mobility within the organization.

"We definitely see management potential in drunkwithwords."
It beats bending over each time.

i probably would have replied to her email " Air is even more of a staple to this office, so please do us a favor and stop using it"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment