Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 01:10 AM

271 posts, read 428,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamelJockey View Post
Can you do me a favor and stop posting in my thread? Tobacco is a legally sold product, just like alcohol. I don't smoke, and many of my co-workers didn't smoke. But people do smoke. It's their own body. Just like there are people that eat McDonalds everyday. Is it unethical to work at fast-food restaurants when obesity rates are rising and people die from heart disease everyday? Take personal responsibility for yourself and no one else.

yup
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 05:38 AM

6,413 posts, read 6,315,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake54 View Post
Is "Playboy model" an actual job?
Contract position only. If you are Playmate of year, the contract is for the year.

Old 10-07-2014, 05:40 AM

6,413 posts, read 6,315,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYstofmind View Post
If you're willing to lie, then, whatever wrath comes with it, you deserve. You are inviting that karma into your life. This is a junction where you can make the 'right' or 'wrong' choice. What are you going to choose? ... In 5-10 years do you want to look back & be proud of standing up for yourself? Are you going to explain to your kids someday that you wre able to get yourself out of a pickle, or that you lied, & had to pay the consequences? hmmmm.
Lying your way into or out of anything is never a good idea. (didn't we all learn that by like 3rd gr?)
Tell that to those who are "too big to fail."

Old 10-07-2014, 07:40 AM

2,704 posts, read 2,776,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinthejourney View Post
And the fact that you're even thinking about lying on your resume kinda confirms that impression.

And no one, even the original poster, has a right to tell someone not to post on a thread. Sheesh.
Well, if its not constructive, then why post?

OP was asking for advice. Relocating resorted to judging him.

Old 10-07-2014, 08:19 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,474,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyinthejourney View Post
Honestly if I see on a resume someone worked for Greenpeace I'd have an impression of what that person was like. If I see on a resume someone worked for a tobacco company, I'd automatically get a negative impression. Wrong or right, people do make judgements based on what type of companies you worked at.
It's their job, not their belief. I knew a lot of people who worked for Brown & Williamson that never smoked a day in their life. But they needed their job.

Some of you folks should not be in a position to hire anyone if you can't think objectively and not let personal feelings into it.

Old 10-07-2014, 09:02 AM

20,549 posts, read 17,808,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
Absolutely. It takes a lot of skill to be successful at this for 4 years. List the skills and applications learned in this position.
Not really, the past 4 years the stock market has skyrocketed. You could've bought any established and hyped up stock and made a small fortune easily. My stocks that I rarely even looked at is up 30% just from last year.

Old 10-14-2014, 04:19 PM

35 posts, read 54,957 times
So can someone help me out? I'm working on my resume, and just not sure what to put for my experience as a stock trader since July 2007 - present. How should I write it on my resume? what "duties" and "skills" should I write? If there's any good resume-writers here, help please

Old 10-15-2014, 06:08 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,302,198 times
Write down what you did to do the day trading. Such as research, etc. Then see about how to fit it into a job description and list of accomplishments. Speaking of which list accomplishments. "Turn an investment of $10K into $25K within 2 months", that sort of thing.

Old 10-15-2014, 01:52 PM

10,137 posts, read 17,527,467 times
There has been some good advice given.

If it were me I would find a resume of a hedge fund manager on the net to get a "idea/template" and be ready to back up your success with financial records.

Over 90% day traders fail so if you have proof, not sim account PnL, that will go along ways.

Old 10-15-2014, 02:35 PM

701 posts, read 1,099,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastcoastguyz View Post
Write down what you did to do the day trading. Such as research, etc. Then see about how to fit it into a job description and list of accomplishments. Speaking of which list accomplishments. "Turn an investment of $10K into $25K within 2 months", that sort of thing.
Yes, emphasize what you accomplished over what you did. I hired a resume consultant a while ago, and she kept yelling at me, "you keep telling me what you did! You need to tell me what you accomplished!" So if you turned X amount of money into 20X, then you need to state that sort of quantifiable fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment