Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 05:15 PM

12,441 posts, read 14,905,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just.No View Post
No, I meant if she looks good.
Don't take that path.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:57 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,931,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
Complement her work, not her person.
100% this

Quote:
Are you friends? Have you established a relationship that is beyond cordial? Have you spent time with her outside of work, not on a work day? If not, nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
You do not compliment anyone on their looks. When I was working, I was very surprised when a male administrator told me how nice I looked at back to school night and how much he liked my outfit. I was flattered but it was inappropriate. Some people would have reported it but I knew that he was sincere and being young, may not have known better.

Only compliment the work. Most people do not hear that enough.
I agree. Though you might get a little leeway to pay me a compliment on my outfit "nice dress," if you are happily married.

Jewelry is fair game (in my book)! Compliment away. That is neutral.

But in a nutshell you should not comment on your coworkers appearance unless you are well into friend territory.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:57 PM

20,722 posts, read 16,421,064 times
No! And to even use the term "graphic" makes me very afraid for you.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:58 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,931,850 times
Quote:
Hmmm.... I've complimented women before who I work with. I told one woman in particular who kept herself in good shape that she looks healthy. I almost said that her body looks healthy, but that may have been too sexualized.

Wow, that's crazy. What does her work have to do with her appearance? I couldn't give a damn how good her work is.
And you do not understand the boundaries. So you are never allowed to compliment any of your coworkers. You are looking to flirt.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:06 PM

1,153 posts, read 1,665,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnseca View Post
If the word "graphic" could possibly be applied at all, then NO. And don't say she looks healthy or anything like that either. In fact, maybe don't compliment her physical appearance at all, with the exception of very obviously new looks, like a drastic new haircut. In that case, a simple "I like your new haircut" is plenty, and only because ignoring something really obvious would be weird.
yeah, if it a new haircut its almost rude to ignore it, but say something nice and move on.

Mainly stick to work conversation or small talk (weather, activities, kids, etc.) Talking about clothes and looks is really personal.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:28 PM

2,129 posts, read 1,781,535 times
Quote:
I guess there's no set rule, but in your mind, at what point is a compliment considered to be a little too forward or even inappropriate in a work setting?
As soon as the thought crosses your mind. Keep your trap shut and your mind on your business.

And no, I don't want you to admire my "new haircut", or anything else physical. Move along.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:31 PM

6,404 posts, read 5,045,188 times
At what point? The point of the exclamation mark of your boss telling you, "You're fired!"

Old 02-29-2016, 06:56 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,261,726 times
Say whatever you would say to a male co-worker or don't say it.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:58 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,328,467 times
Quote:
Hmmm.... I've complimented women before who I work with. I told one woman in particular who kept herself in good shape that she looks healthy. I almost said that her body looks healthy, but that may have been too sexualized.

Wow, that's crazy. What does her work have to do with her appearance? I couldn't give a damn how good her work is.
When you grow up you will understand why this ^^^^^^^^ has been stated.
Keep your comments that are not about work to yourself.

Old 02-29-2016, 07:02 PM

4,978 posts, read 5,782,794 times
Quote:
I guess there's no set rule, but in your mind, at what point is a compliment considered to be a little too forward or even inappropriate in a work setting?
Quote:
Quote:

Just.No, you should be sure to lean in close and smell her hair. Complement her on the smell. Be sure to lightly stroke her hair too. Next, give her a good look up and down, nodding in approval. Be sure to mention how good her body looks in that clothes. Pay extra close attention to certain areas, specifically commenting on those. Be sure to repeat this several times per day. Hang around her desk, nodding in approval. Be sure to eat lunch with her. Stroke her skin, commenting on it's feel. After work, follow her outside and make sure she gets home safely. All the while, you should be getting very close to her.

Do all this, then report back how it went!

Or follow your username's advice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment