Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 07:38 PM

334 posts, read 221,720 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
The one that seems to pop up most frequently is how women are more difficult to deal with in a work environment than men.
I'm a woman and I agree with that statement. Actually, it's been that way from the beginning of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2018, 08:34 PM

1,425 posts, read 1,388,499 times
Men are thrilled by well-shaped female aces. It's how humanity grew that large and smart. Men were competing to grab the best one. It's called natural selection. We can run around screaming, play "I'm so offended" card, (often just for gain), and try intelligent discussion about equal rights for males and females. But men will always want to if not grab, then, at least, comment. When they stop doing this, they won't be males anymore. Their hormone level will change. I personally prefer my DH of 35 years to turn his head when he sees a beautiful one - he loves me enough to not follow his gun, and I'm glad his testosterone level is still high.
Why not allow women to discuss men's parts openly and grab them by whatever we like? This also will bring genders at par. But maybe it's too scary because some females will claw rivals' eyes out with these long and hard acrylic nails, after seeing them patting some males' parts.

Old 02-18-2018, 11:35 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,731,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterseat View Post
"He's a great guy"

He does work hard at his job when he's working. There's so much standing around yacking it burns me up because my coworkers and I are busting our butts to keep our heads above water. (the nature of the beast)

I've discussed this with my supervisor who is really pro-female employee. The only person he's been given the power to hire is a female which is a great thing. So we've gone up to four upstairs and four downstairs.
Anyway, my supervisor will jump on this in a second if we decide to report him. I'd rather confront him and give him a chance to do better.

I was hoping to hear more THE GUY stories.
Both during my time working for a large company and when I started my own business (Computer Consultant) I would often have breasts pressed into my back while working on a computer.

It goes both ways.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:08 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,342,113 times
I'm floored that anyone things physical contact is okay in a professional environment. I was following up on some complaints with the supervisors and there was a full body hug of an admin female and the trades shop supervisor. :O That's really not appropriate but not with a bunch of people around who are looking to you for leadership. I'm opposed to hugging at work.

Hey, share your lunch break and hug each other goodbye. Whatever. But not during an area walkthrough/site visit accompanied by several peers.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:23 AM

35,102 posts, read 31,367,047 times
There are unprofessional people everywhere. He should be reprimanded, and in this day and age, I'm surprised he has not been immediately fired with the attempt of filing criminal charges.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:44 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,062,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BusyMeAK View Post
Men are thrilled by well-shaped female aces. It's how humanity grew that large and smart. Men were competing to grab the best one. It's called natural selection. We can run around screaming, play "I'm so offended" card, (often just for gain), and try intelligent discussion about equal rights for males and females. But men will always want to if not grab, then, at least, comment. When they stop doing this, they won't be males anymore. Their hormone level will change.
From where do you pull this nonsense? That part of the female anatomy that thrills your husband so much? It is not necessary to speak inappropriately in a work setting to maintain hormone levels. It doesn’t work that way.

Quote:
I personally prefer my DH of 35 years to turn his head when he sees a beautiful one - he loves me enough to not follow his gun, and I'm glad his testosterone level is still high.
Interesting. So he has his behavior under control enough to not actually have sex with other women, but cannot help himself when it comes to comments, or presumably a leering gaze.

Our biological drives are powerful, but so is our intellect. Go ahead and have sex, pick up random strangers in bars, proposition that hottie in your first year sociology class. That is all fine. Use your brain to keep it out of the workplace.

Quote:
Why not allow women to discuss men's parts openly and grab them by whatever we like? This also will bring genders at par. But maybe it's too scary because some females will claw rivals' eyes out with these long and hard acrylic nails, after seeing them patting some males' parts.
It isn’t because of fear, but politeness. I don’t advocate for rude, innapropriate violent behavior, and I am appalled that you do.

I think that you may be an example of “That Guy” as described in the OP.

Old 02-19-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Both during my time working for a large company and when I started my own business (Computer Consultant) I would often have breasts pressed into my back while working on a computer.

It goes both ways.
I have had this happen as well. The chest first, lean in so that I can see what you are showing me, approach.

Inappropriate in a work environment.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:09 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,350,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbrains View Post
I have had this happen as well. The chest first, lean in so that I can see what you are showing me, approach.

Inappropriate in a work environment.
But consequence-free, since the perp is a woman.

Equal rights? Riiiiiiiight.....

Old 02-19-2018, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
But consequence-free, since the perp is a woman.

Equal rights? Riiiiiiiight.....
Who said it was consequence free?

Most sexual harrassment/innuendo in the workplace is neither reported or punished. We have all seen it or experienced it, to one level or another.

The incidents that have consequences tend to be repeated, egregious things, and women who do these things have work consequences too.

Old 02-19-2018, 08:40 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,315,092 times
I'm a woman in a male-dominated field (software development). I have never been overtly groped or harassed but I have been condescended to and treated as "less than" due to my gender, mainly by south Asian men though not always.

I have rarely said anything about it because it's almost impossible to prove that someone's creating a hostile work environment unless other people witness it and are willing to speak out with you....and most aren't.

So you develop a thick skin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment