Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 06:25 AM

15 posts, read 30,271 times

Advertisements

I understand that while it seems inconceivable. But time is running, unemployment is growing...
I read that during the Great Depression of 1929, some Americans have migrated to other countries. And now some people are already leaving their homes.Most part of this people have many money and they move to countries with low life level.This is advantageous.But what to do people, who has nothing, only debt...

[LEFT]What country would you prefer as a mecca for survival?[/LEFT]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 04:02 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,672,071 times
My biz partner left the states to open a new Kitchen Cabinet Showroom in Belize City, Belize. After several exploration trips before moving he said there are many many Americans down there. They speak English and live quite like we do here. But they are not in a depression like the USA. And their economy is strong. People are spending without concern.

I think about it. America is coming apart at the seams as we lose more and more of our rights and the pigs intrude more and more on the Constitution.

While it is a popular place for Americans to retire, I feel there are some leaving the country just to find work to South America too.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:00 PM

2,365 posts, read 11,129,340 times
Well, Michael, If I told you, I would have to zap you to Mars.

But, yes, I agree with you that people are looking further afield, especially if they speak more than one language. If I were an engineer, i would probably look to the oil fields of Saudia Arabia, Former Soviet Union and Canada.

But I think it is harder to find dirt cheap opportunities abroad anymore, since no matter where you are in the world, prices are now globally set, for people wanting to start coffee farms and other types of businesses.

Also, perhaps people are thriving in Belize, but from what i have read, the whole world is suffering through this recession.

cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelz88 View Post
I understand that while it seems inconceivable. But time is running, unemployment is growing...
I read that during the Great Depression of 1929, some Americans have migrated to other countries. And now some people are already leaving their homes.Most part of this people have many money and they move to countries with low life level.This is advantageous.But what to do people, who has nothing, only debt...

[LEFT]What country would you prefer as a mecca for survival?[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment