Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,063,729 times

Advertisements

My Interview was 3 hours ago and I sent a thank you letter once I arrived home and 30 mins later the response was

"It was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you very much for the time you spent with us. I will defintely be in touch with you no later than next Wednesday.
Enjoy your week"

This is the most positive sign I ever had after a job interview and while I was there she asked for my references to take to HR and gave me a tour of the place. My Fingers and Toes are crossed because I can walk to this job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 11:55 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,945,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
My Interview was 3 hours ago and I sent a thank you letter once I arrived home and 30 mins later the response was

"It was a pleasure meeting you. Thank you very much for the time you spent with us. I will defintely be in touch with you no later than next Wednesday.
Enjoy your week"

This is the most positive sign I ever had after a job interview and while I was there she asked for my references to take to HR and gave me a tour of the place. My Fingers and Toes are crossed because I can walk to this job.
Is this the one you are interviewing for that if you got it you would quit the one you are supposed to start on Monday for?

Old 05-13-2009, 11:56 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,084,406 times
Wow, TV Guy, your recent success rate is 'supernatural.'
I'm glad things are going your way.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tluv00 View Post
Is this the one you are interviewing for that if you got it you would quit the one you are supposed to start on Monday for?
Nope this is another job that came about all of a sudden on Monday Morning. The other close job I was hoping for looks like it went to someone else. So this would be the one that I would be hoping to get now since it's in walking distance and more money.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Wow, TV Guy, your recent success rate is 'supernatural.'
I'm glad things are going your way.

I know, I had no plans on going on anymore interviews until I got a call Monday from a Company that is down the street from my apt. So it was no way I was going to let this opportunity slip by so I hope it turns out good for me.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:35 PM

355 posts, read 2,403,820 times
Wow, TVandSportsGuy, I've never gotten a response from a thank-you letter either. Walking distance AND more $? Can't beat that. Hope you get it--good luck!!

Old 05-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by awsun1980 View Post
Wow, TVandSportsGuy, I've never gotten a response from a thank-you letter either. Walking distance AND more $? Can't beat that. Hope you get it--good luck!!

Even if it was the same money I would still be interested-lol Walking to Work beats a 30 min ride on the Subway any day of the week.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:22 PM

6,764 posts, read 22,084,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Even if it was the same money I would still be interested-lol Walking to Work beats a 30 min ride on the Subway any day of the week.
Yes, it's good you do not need a car to get to work. I assume you live in a city. In the suburbs or rural areas you HAVE to have a car. Also, a lot of jobs try to hire people with their own transportation so they can run company errands! (Especially if you are in administration). At one job, something had run out in another department and they were trying to get me to go to the store, 20 minutes away (it was in rural area) to pick up some more. I was a bit peeved as it wasn't even my department or anything to do with my job at all and I do not like driving. I didn't have a car that day (my husband and I share one car).

Such is the life of a temp...they try to get you to do EVERYONE'S crap work...(why I left that last job).

Old 05-13-2009, 02:40 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,752,634 times
Oh for crying out loud!

Old 05-13-2009, 02:47 PM

496 posts, read 941,736 times
But, TVSG, what about the Hot Boss?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment