Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 04:05 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,850,635 times

Advertisements

A sibling and a friend both tested positive - it may no longer be entirely "random" but you can't exactly blame the employer's reasoning either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,055,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j169m View Post
Alright,

So I work in this restaurant that does some questionable work. For one, we don't give out coin change. For example, your bill is $12.66 and you give us a $20.00, we're supposed to give you back $7.00 unless you complain and then you get $8.00.

thats not my issues thought, this is my issue, we do carry out orders and those are taken and closed out by the host/hostess. At the end of the night they do a cash report and turn it in with all the cash and credit card receipts of the day. Well when people pay with credit cards they sometimes leave tips. Well it is procedure at this restaurant that those tips collected from take out orders are to go to the expeditor which packs the food (which is me, currently). However, I've noticed for some time (because the hostess will show me the credit card slip that says a customer left a tip) that the amount collected in tips by the hostess is not the amount I am given by management. On average I would say I get if any 4 or 5 bucks.

In these two past days Sunday and Monday I collected in tips 37 bucks because I told the hostess to print me a copy of any credit card slip that leaves a tip.

Also, if I tell them "oh Im missing money" and they tell me oh well now you have to report your tips...since I work hourly, how does that affect my paycheck?
I feel for you but isn't it just the way small restaurants are ??

I recently was working part time in a small restaurant doing set up, assisting the cook, washing dishes and whatever was needed. The last day they put me as a hostess with the promise that the hostess did the deliveries and got the tips from them. The day I worked, I wasn't given any deliveries. (there were some but other people took them)

I worked that day for $6.00 an hour .. before taxes.... and you do know how hard you work in a restaurant.

If I were you, I'd just look for a different job. Reporting them is not going to do any good.

Last edited by World Citizen; 01-03-2010 at 05:20 PM..

Old 10-20-2010, 01:38 AM

1 posts, read 4,527 times
I resigned from Bank of America they reported me to Early Warning Services as "Unfavorable Employment Record" I filed a dispute and they responded with they feel their records are correct. I had worked for them back in 2005 then I don't know what I was thinking but applied and got hired May 2010 started in June 1, 2010 but shortly after I got hired I found out I was pregnant and was having a hard pregnancy on top of that I was behind on my credit card payment as of April 2010 and some lady only by the name Judy came took me in a private room and wanted me to write a statement with her help or else she would disclosure my hardship to my reporting manager, I felt I didn't need this add on stress concerning I was in the ER the day before, I decided to resign as of that day July 20, 2010. I applied to Chase and was hired but when they ran Early Warning Services they saw that "Unfavorable Employment Record" when Chase called to verify why they said "Terminated for Fraud Investigation" but when I called Bank of America to ask what information they show I resigned or Terminated they said our records show "you resigned" when I probed that's when they said yes we can report anything we want I said I would like a copy of what you have to have the right to report such incorrect information they said "no, it's our internal records" WHAT CAN I DO?

Old 10-20-2010, 05:27 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,767,804 times
The first thing you can do is start off a new thread as you've latched onto an old one which has nothing to do with your problem.

The second thing you can do is try and make your story understandable as it's almost impossible to comprehend. Maybe someone else can decipher it and respond but I'm stymied.

Old 10-20-2010, 12:27 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,627,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
The first thing you can do is start off a new thread as you've latched onto an old one which has nothing to do with your problem.

The second thing you can do is try and make your story understandable as it's almost impossible to comprehend. Maybe someone else can decipher it and respond but I'm stymied.
Me too-I read it twice and it makes no sense

Old 10-20-2010, 12:58 PM

2,135 posts, read 5,494,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JS1 View Post
A similar scam is when someone skimmed fractions of a penny from bank customers by rounding their interest credited down to the nearest penny and keeping the change for himself. All those fractions of pennies added up to thousands of dollars and a prison term.
We all saw 'Office Space', great movie.

As far the drug screen and the "randomness" go it's pretty damn simple: don't do drugs, you have nothing to worry about. Quit being a whiny beyotch.

As far as the pregnant BofA chick goes: Huh? No one has a clue what you are talking about.

Old 11-29-2010, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 4,431 times
I recently quit my job at a Chinese restaurant because I got fed up with my owner/manager stealing our tips. I really would like to report her to the Labor Department but I don't know where to start. I have written letters to the department in the past, but have received no reply. This restaurant also hires many foreign exchange students illegally and I would like to report that as well. No one speaks up about the tips because they are all trying to keep their job illegally. How do I begin this process?

Old 12-26-2010, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 4,379 times
I am trieing to report my employeer .She is paying us very cheap wages ,she never pay taxes to RIS,she also worked us over time from 530am to 930pm.she never pay taxes to the State ,We never never get to full taxes clim becuse she never pay the state.Her Restaurant name is Shanta'S Three sister Bakery Restaurant and her Address is located at 107 Liberty ave ozone park Ny 11417 and her telphone number is 718-845-3570.she also have illegal imigrants workers, working for her..she is making money and other people is paying for it .Once again she never payes taxes to the
federal nor the State she is the robbing the state don't make her get away with that . thank you

Old 12-26-2010, 03:38 PM

1,252 posts, read 3,487,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raviena View Post
I am trieing to report my employeer .She is paying us very cheap wages ,she never pay taxes to RIS,she also worked us over time from 530am to 930pm.she never pay taxes to the State ,We never never get to full taxes clim becuse she never pay the state.Her Restaurant name is Shanta'S Three sister Bakery Restaurant and her Address is located at 107 Liberty ave ozone park Ny 11417 and her telphone number is 718-845-3570.she also have illegal imigrants workers, working for her..she is making money and other people is paying for it .Once again she never payes taxes to the federal nor the State she is the robbing the state don't make her get away with that . thank you
If what you say is the truth, please complain to the proper authorities. This is just a forum. You should not let her get away with it. If you want to make a complaint you must contact the NYS DOL, the IRS, and the INS or ICE.

NYS Department of Labor
W. Averell Harriman State Office Campus
Building 12
Albany, NY 12240
By Telephone:
518-457-9000
1-888-4-NYSDOL

IRS
Internal Revenue Service
Fresno, CA 93888

ICE
To report suspicious activity, call ICE toll-free at 1-866-DHS-2ICE.

Good luck.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:00 AM

1 posts, read 4,248 times
I know of an employer that pays employees half cash and half check so that only half the income is taxable. Who do I reprt this to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment