Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:18 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,437 times

Advertisements

I am not in the UK, but I have always heard it is best to cover tattoos for job interviews of any kind (unless it's a tattoo parlor).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 11:11 PM

251 posts, read 767,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza986 View Post
Hi there i'm due to have an interview for a job in a hair salon as a trainee stylist anybody know if there is an rules on tattoos?
I have a 2 inch long leaf tattoo on the upside of my wrist, not underneath and I am not sure if that would make me less employable?

I also have a few bad scars on the same lower part of my arm aswell and am not sure if this could stop be being employed?

Appreciate any suggesstions please?

Thanks
i would be honest with it upfront and mention that you can cover it when working. it just depends on the employer. i don't think you have to worry about scars.

good luck.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:07 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,033,913 times
Aveda tends to have a fairly conservative dress code to promote their iamge as a more upscale salon. If it doesn't go well for you there, you might want to look at some of the edgier shops where tattoos are di rigeur. The scars should be no impediment to employment. Good luck!

Old 08-02-2009, 10:35 AM

2,636 posts, read 6,648,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotter67 View Post
None whatsoever..
Piss off then.

I'd enquire with them but if you can cover it if required then it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'd seen people with tattoos in hair salons before so you may be okay. As other people have said though, you shouldn't be turned down for a scar so I wouldn't worry about that. Good luck!

Old 08-02-2009, 01:28 PM

294 posts, read 698,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza986 View Post
so why comment then? :S
Eh?

I was saying that there are no issues whatsoever about applying for a job because you have a tattoo.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:29 PM

294 posts, read 698,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
Piss off then.

I'd enquire with them but if you can cover it if required then it shouldn't be too much of an issue. I'd seen people with tattoos in hair salons before so you may be okay. As other people have said though, you shouldn't be turned down for a scar so I wouldn't worry about that. Good luck!
what?

Looking at your profile picture (little boy) i'd heed using big words.

Old 08-02-2009, 01:44 PM

113 posts, read 235,412 times
Quote:
Eh?

I was saying that there are no issues whatsoever about applying for a job because you have a tattoo.
oh I though you meant you were saying you did not have any suggessions so I asked well if you don;t have any, why comment.
Now i understand!

Old 08-02-2009, 06:49 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,318,882 times
I would cover it up for the interview, and bring it up in the interview.

Old 08-02-2009, 08:24 PM

2,636 posts, read 6,648,977 times
Quote:
what?

Looking at your profile picture (little boy) i'd heed using big words.
I'll have you know I'm a 6'2" 18 year old. If we learned everything from teh internetz then I'd assume from your username that you're a pig.

But fair enough, I misunderstood your post totally. I thought you were just another one of those trollers who clart up the boards with pointless, one-sentence responses that offer nothing to anyone. I apologise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment