Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2009, 02:11 PM

7 posts, read 12,823 times

Advertisements

this is how my co workers left my walk-in freezer for me to clean up after they closed at night. two of our so called "best" employees, one ex-manager (demoted by the way, but says he took a step down) and one who quit several times and was chosen to go out of town for the company

do you see anything wrong here????

what should i do, i wanna just leave this ****, but no one else will pick it up if i dont. this is why i hate taking days off. i cont be gone one day before all **** just falls apart. this aint even the beginning of the list. but now im start to take pix of stuff that not being done and showing managers, should i even be doing this? i showed my GM and he just looked at it and said "ehh" and turned away like it wasnt a big deal i blurred out the company's name but obviously i work food industry.

i gotta say Moderator cut: language
Attached Thumbnails
so    i hate my job-img00034.jpg  

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-16-2010 at 08:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:38 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.o.b. View Post
this is how my co workers left my walk-in freezer for me to clean up after they closed at night. two of our so called "best" employees, one ex-manager (demoted by the way, but says he took a step down) and one who quit several times and was chosen to go out of town for the company

do you see anything wrong here????

what should i do, i wanna just leave this ****, but no one else will pick it up if i dont. this is why i hate taking days off. i cont be gone one day before all **** just falls apart. this aint even the beginning of the list. but now im start to take pix of stuff that not being done and showing managers, should i even be doing this? i showed my GM and he just looked at it and said "ehh" and turned away like it wasnt a big deal i blurred out the company's name but obviously i work food industry.
yes, the place does appear in disarray.

I've known and worked for companies whose managers just don't give a hoot. Needless to say, it's not fair to consciencious worker who tries so hard to keep the business looking like a business and not a trash heap.

I don't know what advice to give you other than, if you're stuck there, keep trying to do what you can until something better in the employment market comes up for you.

I worked for a man years ago, who told me once during a meeting of the minds, that his breath must smell like crap from having to kiss butt just to get people to show up to work. After I was working for him for awile, I could see why his breath might have smelled like crap. He treated virtually every employee like crap. So, he reaped what he sowed. I didn't feel sorry for him one bit. It was a pleasure to leave when I did, because it felt like the weight was lifted from my shoulders. he was difficult to work for.

I am sure there are many people who work for people or corporations which are in your dilemma. Stick with it as long as you can, till you can find better. and, Good Luck.

Last edited by 2goldens; 03-16-2010 at 08:27 PM..

Old 09-24-2009, 10:28 PM

475 posts, read 1,644,058 times
It looks very minor to me. i would just clean it up. don't wimp out on that stuff. Every body gets what they deserve someday and your reward will come in time. Buck up!

You learned a bit about other employes/managers with this event and someday you will be better empoyee/manager/owner from it.

Old 09-25-2009, 07:41 AM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
You get paid by the hour, right? So in the big picture, what does it matter?

Yes, your coworkers are disrespectful, but take the high road and it will be the better choice in the long run.

Old 09-25-2009, 09:22 AM

4,468 posts, read 8,003,004 times
looks like a set up to me. I would go to a area supervisor and have a meeting, and with all employees, get this out in the air and find out what is the problem.
Get a solution, it may get worse.

HW

Old 09-25-2009, 09:32 AM

225 posts, read 643,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dick1973 View Post
It looks very minor to me. i would just clean it up. don't wimp out on that stuff. Every body gets what they deserve someday and your reward will come in time. Buck up!

You learned a bit about other employes/managers with this event and someday you will be better empoyee/manager/owner from it.
So true! Rewards do come later. Try not to let the turkeys bring you down.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:58 AM

434 posts, read 1,041,023 times
I hated the jobs I had for years. I'm in my early 20s so I don't have a professional job yet. So I had to do some pretty sucky jobs. Thing is I just hung in there and worked to get a job that I liked. Now I do have a job that I like and many will envy the job I have, but for 5-6 years I was the fast food cashier, the warehouser(not bad but staying in that warehouse all day.....), and the janitor. Hate your job, well work to get a job you like, simple as that. Not going to happen overnight but if you are determined enough to get out and do better it will happen.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:23 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,240,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annerk View Post
You get paid by the hour, right? So in the big picture, what does it matter?

Yes, your coworkers are disrespectful, but take the high road and it will be the better choice in the long run.
So you hire three workers and pay them all the same xxx per hour, two are slack offs and number three has to take up the slack for the two slackers...

I don't think so.....

Old 09-25-2009, 06:03 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,038,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
So you hire three workers and pay them all the same xxx per hour, two are slack offs and number three has to take up the slack for the two slackers...

I don't think so.....
The boss doesn't care, so complaining is only going to make the OP look bad. Deal with it and look for another job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment