Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
My friend jumped from a balcony in Magaluf, Spain and broke both legs, so yeah your right there lol.
I guess some men never mature.

Why the frig would you jump from a balcony? WHY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 06:01 AM

233 posts, read 449,794 times

Yes, they do. Hooligans are Hooligans.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
I guess some men never mature.

Why the frig would you jump from a balcony? WHY?

A famous sport known as "balconing".

Old 03-09-2013, 06:03 AM

Or maybe 20 year olds just being drunk idiots. Honestly never see the fun in some things idiotic people like that do.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:19 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
We were only 17 and had one to many alcoholic beverages! It was stupid, he knows that.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Old 03-09-2013, 06:22 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,848,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargamel10 View Post
Yes, they do. Hooligans are Hooligans.

No, they don't. Spanish fans are known for being racist but not violent. I don't know which one is worse, more than likely Italian fans, who are racist and violent.

Old 03-09-2013, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
We were only 17 and had one to many alcoholic beverages! It was stupid, he knows that.

You shouldnt have went down there at 17 anyway! But I thought uou meant like last year or something.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 AM

994 posts, read 1,237,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rranger View Post
With all due respect, my travel history has absolutely nothing to do with where I've lived my whole life. A quick brusher upper in logic and critical thinking might be in order for you! Cheers DB
The point is that one does not have the best critical perspective on how people of one's own nationality come across, particularly when one has never lived in any other country. As a Brit, I may not see the British as a rude or aggressive people, but if I have people of three other nationalities telling me they think we are, then whatever I think on the matter, I must accept that there is probably some reason why their perception exists. It may well be based on an unrepresentative sample, but it is probably not completely baseless. It comes across as rather bad manners to appear to be asserting one's positive view of one's own national traits in the face of opposing views from people of other nationalities, IMO.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:59 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,690,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
israelis could also be added to that list and its not an anti semetic thing , apparently their culture of pushiness is misunderstood abroad sometimes
Israeili tourists in India do not have good reputation. In restaurants, they tend to argue a lot with staff-like this was not what they ordered, food should be returned as it is too spicy or too bland. Same way, there has been incidents of shoplifting or fake traveller cheques by Israeli tourists in India.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by George & Bill View Post
The point is that one does not have the best critical perspective on how people of one's own nationality come across, particularly when one has never lived in any other country. As a Brit, I may not see the British as a rude or aggressive people, but if I have people of three other nationalities telling me they think we are, then whatever I think on the matter, I must accept that there is probably some reason why their perception exists. It may well be based on an unrepresentative sample, but it is probably not completely baseless. It comes across as rather bad manners to appear to be asserting one's positive view of one's own national traits in the face of opposing views from people of other nationalities, IMO.

Maybe were are used to them here in Spain, but they don't bother much. They go to specific places, get drunk and raise hell, but not violent or anything and they are friendly if you are able to understand them. I guess that Brits are like a common fixture, not rude, rather parochial, just like many locals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World