Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:20 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matematik View Post
That's probably because other places don't get them in such huge numbers, so they never really see the real Britain and get their idea of British people from films and TV shows that portray Brits as stiff-upper lip types.
Anyway I got my ideas from a survey of hoteliers I read about online hence what I wrote, just to give you a head's up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 AM

1,139 posts, read 1,992,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
in manila, and the philippines in general i'd say my least favorite tourists are koreans.
I probably shouldn't be surprised. Many Filipinos I know do complain about the Koreans...

Old 02-22-2012, 01:37 AM

2,688 posts, read 6,562,736 times
French, Chinese/Japanese and Spaniards.

French people complain so frequently and so easily while they travel.

Chinese and Japanese are not the worst but often travel in big noisy groups and are stuck to their cameras, etc. It's not a stereotype. It's true

Spaniards, I noticed, are very noisy.

Old 02-22-2012, 03:58 AM

2,802 posts, read 6,429,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin Hubard View Post
Well here in Europe, we have something called human rights, and none are more inalienable than the right to let go of a liquid load. Depriving me of this right would be cruel and unusual to say the very least of it. You might not want my waas on your petunias, but you should look at it from my perspective, and try to display a little tolerance.
You were obviously lucky to find a particularly tolerant Cypriot. I would have kicked your head in.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsrita View Post
you're saying that where you were there was NO public space, store, restaurant, or place in nature where you could have peed?! imagine if everyone just peed in the streets all the time, it'd be so unsanitary and smell like, well, ****.

i don't care if it's legal, nor am i advocating against its legality. i'm just sayin', you could have been a little more courteous.
Itsria,
This guy is pulling your leg - joking. And you are falling for it. It is all very funny, but the joke is ending up on you. Maybe you should not respond to his taunting?

Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 AM

87 posts, read 192,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunya Business View Post
It depends on the location. Americans tend to act unruly in party destinations like Cancun. The British equivalent would be Ibiza, Spain. Canadians, who have an exceptional reputation overseas, aren't quite the same when they cross into U.S. border cities. This has been especially true in recent years, ever since the Canadian dollar appreciated vis-a-vis the USD. They drive recklessly, litter, get into fights at sporting events, can't control their liquor, and tend to rub retail workers the wrong way (there is even a Facebook group called "I Hate Canadian Shoppers"). So it depends on who you ask.
I looked into this facebook group and cannot find it.

Being from Canada, I travel to the US a lot to shop. The people I know that shop in the US are nothing but respectful. Maybe the shoppers from Toronto are rude? I am from Thunder Bay and travel to MN. We have nothing but respect for them.

Old 02-23-2012, 01:15 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,931,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamlin6969 View Post
I looked into this facebook group and cannot find it.

Being from Canada, I travel to the US a lot to shop. The people I know that shop in the US are nothing but respectful. Maybe the shoppers from Toronto are rude? I am from Thunder Bay and travel to MN. We have nothing but respect for them.
I don't know about the shoppers, but Canadians do have a problem coming to Detroit wearing their Crosby jerseys!

Old 02-24-2012, 10:04 AM

12 posts, read 29,077 times
People from Madrid and Japanese. Japanese travel around like pinballs following some idiotic schedule, earning points evert time thet take some idiotic shot with their cameras. In Barcelona they love Gaudi's buildings, utterly ugly buildings constructed by a maniac a century ago. They disappear in seconds. People from Madrid are corny, overdressed and loud and they think that they are royalty.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:49 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
The French.....but at least they use a lot of Pahr-fuhm.

Old 02-25-2012, 11:41 PM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,920,579 times
UK/British, Canadians, Americans, and French are some of the best travelers based on nationality! I am surprised some people think they are some of the worst.

People from these 10 countries seem to be the worst travelers by far:

Serbia
Albania
Bosnia
Nigeria
Mexico
Portugal
Saudi Arabia
Lithuania
Latvia
Brazil
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World