Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2013, 05:09 PM

3,678 posts, read 7,216,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Well that's because Cubans and Mexicans will bring over better food and good looking women.
I know right, i like the cubans and mexicans well i am a quater mexican myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2013, 04:57 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
The Cubans are all in the USA legally. Political refugees, most of them.
But the USA has an embargo or sanctions or whatever it's called in Cuba- why would we want to let Cubans come in legally? Americans cannot freely travel to Cuba and I am told they cannot freely travel here. (I mean yeah Americans CAN go to Cuba to visit but not directly- you would have to fly somewhere else first then fly to Cuba).

Old 06-19-2013, 05:09 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,378,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
I read up. Dont think its very fair. I dont understand the USA sometimes they make it so easy for poor people to get into their country. Then when people who are of use apply to get in they make it impossible. I mean surely british and australian people would be more useful to the economy than cubans and mexicans?
Owen I am not Cuban or Mexican but your last sentence is very ignorant. There are plenty of Cubans and Mexicans who come here, work hard, get educated, raise families and become good upstanding people. There are also plenty who dont. The same holds true for any and every other nationality on this planet. Some people will make something good of themselves and are good honest people and some will be low-life loser slumlords.

The man behind the Aurora movie theater shooting and the Newtown school were both white American-born. You cannot judge people based upon their race and where they come from.

Old 06-19-2013, 06:20 PM

420 posts, read 823,615 times
Lived there for a while. Cool place and I miss it sometimes.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:31 AM

318 posts, read 626,040 times
No, I don't care for the beach, hot weather or humidity.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:49 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
I think Miami would be a wonderful place to have a holiday but if I had to live in the USA I would probably chose to live elsewhere. I do have to say though that I've never travelled to the US so I'm basing what I say on an awful lot of assumptions! lol

Old 06-20-2013, 10:44 AM

49 posts, read 131,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by owenc View Post
Well no offence but the immigrants are kind of a liability so why suffer for one persons benefit?

You better update your info. Cubans, more so Cuban Americans, are a very rich community. The average earnings of Cuban Americans born in the US is higher than those of Anglos. Cubans occupy the top position among Spanish speakers in the US, and being a small group, about 5 percent of all Spanish speakers, they occupy all of the positions among the 100 richest Spanish speakers in the US.

They also have a LOBBY that wields an enormous power, capable of electing presidents (Bush) and changing laws, so all those privileges Cubans (and Jews) have are not for free.

But on the other side, most Scottish aliens in Northern Ireland in the US are huddled in ghettoes in Boston and are a liability for the US, and a real pain in the arse for Irish because they don't want to return to Scotland.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:22 PM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orco2000 View Post
You better update your info. Cubans, more so Cuban Americans, are a very rich community. The average earnings of Cuban Americans born in the US is higher than those of Anglos. Cubans occupy the top position among Spanish speakers in the US, and being a small group, about 5 percent of all Spanish speakers, they occupy all of the positions among the 100 richest Spanish speakers in the US.

They also have a LOBBY that wields an enormous power, capable of electing presidents (Bush) and changing laws, so all those privileges Cubans (and Jews) have are not for free.
I agree, I have come to know and respect many Cuban-Americans, classic US success stories, well integrated and patriotic, a model for other Spanish-speaking and other immigrants to the US over the past 20 years or so.

You also made an appropriate analogy: indeed the Cubans are to the Caribbean/Latin America region what the Jews are to the eastern Mediterranean/Mesopotamia, reflected in their role in the US.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:41 PM

318 posts, read 625,061 times
Amazon's founder was adopted and raised by Cuban U.S. Americans.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:05 PM

536 posts, read 830,177 times
Miami has the hottest women in the USA without a doubt. Unfortunately, you have to drive a Hummer and look like Rico Suave to get a date with one of them.

Seriously though beautiful city, but I can't take the humidity down there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World