Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 AM

3 posts, read 8,796 times

Advertisements

Tell me any good books or any resources or websites on this topic. All the popular tourist attractions and answer what makes nz a popular travel destination/why. What types of food we're famous for and information about that specific topic examples sightseeing or culture. It has to be long and also just specific. Thank you everyone for answering this topic and I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2013, 03:04 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,881,321 times
Absolutely no idea. Far too far away for me.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:25 AM

985 posts, read 1,854,357 times
New Zealand is not famous for its food - I can't name a single NZ dish - but for its unspoilt nature and scenery, combined with (or maybe due to) its low density, particularly on the southern island.

For longer explanations use Google or search in travel forums.

Old 05-16-2013, 03:37 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,938,262 times
I didn't know NZ was a popular travel destination. Thought it was massively overshadowed by its huge neighbor

Old 05-16-2013, 04:02 AM

5,059 posts, read 7,502,821 times
Scenes like these

Day Tour / 16 Day Highlights of New Zealand Tour / Grand Pacific Tours / Company / Traveller / Home - The Senior

New Zealand Travel Information and Travel Guide - Lonely Planet

Ive never made the trip across the ditch, but will get there one day

Last edited by danielsa1775; 05-16-2013 at 04:29 AM..

Old 05-16-2013, 04:45 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,165,927 times
Because every single turn in the road presents yet another gorgeous vista. It really gets tedious after a while. Hell, even the garbage dumpsters are nice looking. But, to be perfectly honest, the food pales before the scenic beauty of the place.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:04 AM

1,141 posts, read 2,204,051 times
The Lord of the Rings! The trilogy was filmed there and is what makes me want to visit there.

Old 05-16-2013, 05:56 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
NZ is just so isolated from most of the rest of the world. It doesn't get a lot of tourists compared to a lot of countries by the scenery is breath-taking and it's great for outdoor and adventure sports and nature. Unlike Australia there are no venomous snakes there either.

Old 05-16-2013, 07:00 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,992,173 times
Easy. English spoken, no cultural surprises, high standards of tourist amenities (hotels, restaurants, buses, etc.), fairly small and compact with modern access routes, varied and extreme scenery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Unlike Australia there are no venomous snakes there either.
What is the annual incidence, in the entire world, of tourists being bitten by venomous snakes? Out of, say, a half a billion people every year (or maybe a billion) who take a holiday somewhere. Why do such astronomically improbable things strike sizzling terror in the hearts of tourists? There are venomous snakes in every state in the USA except Maine. 99% of all tourists never step off the asphalt. They ride an air conditioned shuttle bus from air conditioned doorway to air conditioned doorway.

Don't forget "No tornadoes". In the USA, an average of 0.5 tourists per year are killed or injured by tornadoes, so people cancel their vacation plans if it requires them to drive their car through any place between Florida and North Dakota.

Last edited by jtur88; 05-16-2013 at 07:20 AM..

Old 05-16-2013, 10:22 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Easy. English spoken, no cultural surprises, high standards of tourist amenities (hotels, restaurants, buses, etc.), fairly small and compact with modern access routes, varied and extreme scenery.

What is the annual incidence, in the entire world, of tourists being bitten by venomous snakes? Out of, say, a half a billion people every year (or maybe a billion) who take a holiday somewhere. Why do such astronomically improbable things strike sizzling terror in the hearts of tourists? There are venomous snakes in every state in the USA except Maine. 99% of all tourists never step off the asphalt. They ride an air conditioned shuttle bus from air conditioned doorway to air conditioned doorway.

Don't forget "No tornadoes". In the USA, an average of 0.5 tourists per year are killed or injured by tornadoes, so people cancel their vacation plans if it requires them to drive their car through any place between Florida and North Dakota.
Actually I never stepped on a snake once - I was just about to put my foot on it when I saw a flash of black and jerked back, my blood chilled. But yes, the risk of a tourist getting bitten here is small. I just mentioned that as an interesting fact, because there aren't many places in the world without venomous snakes. NZ also lacks any native land mammals.

Actually the vast majority of snakebite victims are in the third world, where antivenom is not readily available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World