Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 05:56 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozenn View Post
Love the big huh, that sounded very French "heuuu". Impressive if you got all these off the top of your head. Here's mine. I won't try either Finnish or Swedish.
Vocaroo | Voice message
No, I posted them on google translate to prevent stumbling, but some words got confused, like "iron" which translated in French as "clothes iron", and had to improvise.

Was my pronounciation terrible?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2014, 06:28 AM

8,159 posts, read 8,735,386 times
Well, one can notice that it's not your native language. Among the best pronounced were toit, route, huile, etc. "laver" and "eau" would most likely get confused for other words, but otherwise good!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:22 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac15 View Post
I would've said that to your face.

There is nothing wrong with saying you sound like Honey boo boo. I have an opinion, I am allowed it and I will use it. I have nothing against you, if I really wanted to run down your accent I could've said much worse.

Not sure if your referring to my accent but I don't have an Irish leprechaun type accent so don't sound like Father ted.
Of course you have a RIGHT to express your opinions. Please don't confuse "rights" with common courtesies, however. Seems you have a bit of a problem differentiating.

As for your accent, why don't you pony up and post an example and let US decide whether or not you sound like a leprechaun or Father Ted.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:24 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times
Quote:
But if you've never been and thats all you've seen why wouldn't you assume that? A substantial amount of americans think that all Irish people do is eat potatoes and live in mud huts. And they've said that to us as-well.

When our Canadian cousins girlfriend visited us she asked us many insulting questions from 'do you guys have a cinema' to 'do you guys have bikes'.
Just because someone else is ignorant, doesn't give you an excuse to be so yourself. Your cousin's girlfriend apparently irritated you with her dumb and insulting assumptions, so why do you want to follow her example?

Old 01-05-2014, 08:30 AM

2,725 posts, read 5,981,847 times
I don't have a voice thing

This is Pittsburgh talk, we talk very fast, I think it is a mix of different languages going back to immigration days starting around 1860 and forward. It may read crazy as if we're not educated

you have to say it all really fast

Normal English

I'm going downtown and later I will food shop at the Giant Eagle supermarket. Where will you all be going later? I will wash my clothes also and clean up the house

translation is:

I'm gowen dahntahn and later I will food shop at da Jine Igl supermarket. wheres will yinz be gowen later? I will worsh my clothes also and redd up da haus

Normal English:
Do you know what I mean? Later I will watch the Steeler Football game. I will turn on the faucet and then have a bologna sandwich

translation is:

Do jano wah I mean? Later I will watch da stiller Football game. I will turn on da spicket annan have a jumbo sanwich

Normal English:

I like to visit Citi Data Forum and look around, I watch some of the topics, I haven't been here lately and miss that. I will now go get a soda. Watch out!

translated

I like to visit Citi Data ferum and looky arahnd, I watch some of da topics, I haven't been here and miss that n'at. I will now go git a pop. Chawt!

Old 01-05-2014, 08:31 AM

9,962 posts, read 12,386,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
Here's first the words in my native language:
Playing: Tallenne(04).mp3 - picosong

And then in Swedish and not-so-good French:
Playing: Tallenne(05).mp3 - picosong

Nice to hear you speak in Finnish.

Quote:
Love the big huh, that sounded very French "heuuu". Impressive if you got all these off the top of your head. Here's mine. I won't try either Finnish or Swedish.
Vocaroo | Voice message
Rozenn you don't sound French enough.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:40 AM

20,633 posts, read 23,884,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Of course you have a RIGHT to express your opinions. Please don't confuse "rights" with common courtesies, however. Seems you have a bit of a problem differentiating.

As for your accent, why don't you pony up and post an example and let US decide whether or not you sound like a leprechaun or Father Ted.
Ok.

Hmm i'll record it and listen to it. Where is the list of the words?

My voice is a bit lispy.

Old 01-05-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
I forgot, I have songs I made duh! Here's a small sample of my attempt at rapping in one of my songs. This is not what my normal speaking voice sounds like. My normal voice is usually higher and most people think I'm a white guy over the phone.

Vocaroo | Voice message
Sound like a canadian

Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Well, one can notice that it's not your native language. Among the best pronounced were toit, route, huile, etc. "laver" and "eau" would most likely get confused for other words, but otherwise good!
You Frenchies are too picky! BTW, when Catbelle quoted those words she was praised how good her pronounciation were, but when Norgy and me pronounced them it sounded "Norwegian" and "Finnish". No praise whatsoever, we northeners apparently are supposed to speak good English. But well, you didn't get any praise either, though you should.

Quote:
Ok.

Hmm i'll record it and listen to it. Where is the list of the words?

My voice is a bit lispy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sulkiercupid View Post
Vocaroo | Voice message

This is mine, rabbited off this list of words...

Aunt, Roof, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught, Naturally, Aluminium, Envelope
Go for it!

Old 01-05-2014, 09:21 AM

Ok. I am trying to do a few words but my mum is upstairs and I am not doing that when shes there. I'll do it in a minute.

Only a few words.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World