Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2014, 12:17 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerwhale View Post
BBC News - Police called to 'Black Friday' supermarket crowds

This really makes me FURIOUS. America you can keep black Friday. I do not want people flighting over a tv.
America did not give Britain Black Friday. British retailers adopted it of their own accord. If you are infuriated, start a letter writing campaign to Tesco, John Lewis, Boots, whatever. Simply yelling at 'America' is like punching smoke.

For what it is worth, I agree with you that this type of hyper-consumerism is repugnant. I have never, and will never participate in Black Friday.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:26 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Does anybody remember blockbuster and Hollywood video those companies were the sh't they were awesome

Old 11-28-2014, 01:16 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
Check a map.

Ireland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ireland is an island in the North Atlantic to the west of Great Britain, from which it is separated by the North Channel, the Irish Sea, and St Georges Channel, and after which it is the largest island of the British Isles archipelago. It is the third-largest island in Europe and the twentieth-largest island on Earth.[6]

Politically, Ireland is divided between the Republic of Ireland, which covers five-sixths of the island, and Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom, which covers the remaining area and is located in the north-east of the island. The population of Ireland is about 6.4 million. Just under 4.6 million live in the Republic of Ireland and just over 1.8 million live in Northern Ireland
I'm not even going to waste my time on this issue.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:17 PM

3,400 posts, read 3,206,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
America did not give Britain Black Friday. British retailers adopted it of their own accord. If you are infuriated, start a letter writing campaign to Tesco, John Lewis, Boots, whatever. Simply yelling at 'America' is like punching smoke.

For what it is worth, I agree with you that this type of hyper-consumerism is repugnant. I have never, and will never participate in Black Friday.
No its not Black Friday its the crazy nutters I don't enjoy..

Old 11-28-2014, 03:06 PM

9,962 posts, read 12,382,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentoo View Post
Just following the example left by our parent
But the Child has to grow up some day stop blaming everyone!

Old 11-28-2014, 03:08 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times
Gamestop is now left for games

Old 11-28-2014, 08:57 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Right like blockbuster video and Hollywood video those are some examples of video rental companies being shutdown.

there remember
You gotta miss the,
Anyways I know that for video games there's gamestop and play n trade for video rental theres redbox for movies buying well there's GameStop also for that gamestop also sold some movies some what not sure for know though.anyways what do you think of this reply
Yeah, I'm an American born in '83 who lives in China now... I remember Blockbuster and Hollywood Video well. Of course we went there a lot as kids. We were pretty poor and so I remember the arguments that would ensue because I wanted to rent something with robots and my sister wanted something with ponies but we could only rent *one.* It sucks in a sense that they're gone, but you do still have local video rental places who tend to have a bigger and more interesting selection of movies, and you have Netflix (mail and streaming) as well as Redbox... so it's not like there's no way to rent a movie anymore.

Quote:
second I don't know where you're getting from that I from Ireland maybe your country seems to think that.im mexican of argentine descent ok.
I remember that. But in that response you were talking to Summerwhale who is Irish, mocking him for things you don't like about the US even though he's not American.

American cars get a bum rap. American trucks are great, and many if not most American sedans over the last decade are really quite reliable and as safe as most other imports.

Old 11-28-2014, 09:22 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,428,441 times
So, I see the discussion has evolved in to "I hate America because Blockbuster Video isn't around anymore."

Damn you, America!!! Why did you have to create the internet?!?!?!? WHY?!?

Old 11-28-2014, 09:43 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
So, I see the discussion has evolved in to "I hate America because Blockbuster Video isn't around anymore."
A+ for creativity...

... D for grammar

Old 11-28-2014, 09:51 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P London View Post
But the Child has to grow up some day stop blaming everyone!
But...but... he wants to be like daddy LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World