U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
 [Register]
Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area Manatee and Sarasota Counties
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-18-2010, 10:13 PM
 
41 posts, read 124,524 times
Reputation: 16

Advertisements

I am researching areas to move to in Florida. Palm Beach Gardens and Jupiter on the east side of Florida. And I thought Sarasota/Bradenton on the west.

I looked at Realtor.com and it appears that there are many expensive homes.

Is Bradenton rundown and dangerous?

I'm a married athletic person, love new stuff, great shopping (Nordstroms, etc.) and restaurants. I also love the beach.

I'm looking for homes up to 700K or so. I thought that would buy me a lot, but it appears that homes are pretty expensive there.

What gives?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-19-2010, 06:22 AM
 
Location: Palm Island and North Port
7,484 posts, read 20,911,080 times
Reputation: 2838
I was born in Bradenton. There are many very pretty areas of Bradenton (like down by the river) and then some not so nice areas, like most towns. $700k would buy you a pretty nice home in Bradenton or Sarasota. I love the Sarasota area-the beaches, the people, the culture, etc. The whole vibe is pretty cool.

Jupiter and Palm Beach are both very different than the gulf side. The beaches over there are great for surfing but in my opinion they are not nearly as nice as the gulf side.

It sounds like Palmer Ranch in Sarasota might be a good place to start looking. It's close to the beach, shopping, has the Legacy Trail for biking or running/walking.

Palmer Ranch one of Sarasota's most popular and largest master planned communities with over 10,000 acres. Palmer Ranch actually consists of many neighborhoods, all individually operated under their own HOA. The common areas of Palmer Ranch are maintained by a master association. The overall look and feel of PR is "green" - the roads are grass and treelined, the sidewalks wind throughout the entire community, and they have recently been able to add the Legacy Trail to the many great aspects. The Legacy Trail is a paved walking/biking trail that runs through the woods along the path of the old railroad track.

Palmer Ranch is districted for great schools, is only 10-15 minutes to the beach, and is next door to the mall, new 12-screen movie theater and a fantastic YMCA complex, including a huge waterpark. Palmer Ranch is very popular with families.

Silver Oak and Prestancia are going to be your more upscale neighborhoods. Silver Oak has a championship golf course, tennis, canoeing, nature and bike trails, clubhouse, pool/spa, exercise facility. All home sites back up to a lake or preserve. It is one of the newer neighborhoods in PR.

Prestancia has two championship golf courses, country club, etc. The boundaries for Prestancia are-Palmer Ranch Way, McIntosh and Beneva. It pretty much runs inside of those streets-it encompasses 565 acres.

Reymore St is the southern boundary for Palmer Ranch. The eastern boundary runs out to I-75, the western boundary goes to Beneva and the northern boundary runs nearly to Clark Rd. This tells a little more about Palmer Ranch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_Ranch Within Palmer Ranch is CJ Lofino YMCA Complex. It has a full aquatic center, gym/fitness, basketball, swimming, tennis, and water park for the kids.

Here are the communities within Palmer Ranch:

Arielle: 2 and three bedrooms coach homes built in the mid 2000's, Prices are from $239,900-$279,900. There are 5, no foreclosures

Botanica: on Palmer Ranch: 172 luxury condo styled apartments. Prices are from $294,500-$359K, there are 4 condos-no foreclosures.

Bella Villino: Gated, 2/3 bedrooms resort like low rise condos. Prices are from $69K-$230K, there are 19 condos, 0 foreclosures

Country Club of Sarasota: Gated, single family homes. Prices are from $229K-$550K, 8 properties, no foreclosures

Deer Creek on Palmer Ranch: 285 acres, 400 luxury homes, private and guarded gate. This is one of the original communities at Palmer Ranch. Prices $229K-$985K, 21 properties, no foreclosures

Huntington Ponite: Single family homes. Prices are from $295K-$349,900, 4 properties, no foreclosures

Marabella: 139 single family homes and villas, gated community. There are currently no properties in here for sale but a few months back here's how it looked. Prices are from $199-$499K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Mira Lago: Mediterranean style, 180 single family homes and villas, maintenance free living. Prices from $269,900-$289,900, 3 properties, no foreclosures

The Palisades at Palmer Ranch: 43 maintenance free and single family homes. Prices $325K, 1 property, no foreclosures

Palmer Square: Mediterranean style maintenance free coach homes and town homes. Prices $311-$365K, 2 properties, no foreclosures

Pinestone at Palmer Ranch: Maintenance free condos. Prices $139,900-$241,777, 11 properties, no foreclosures

Plaza De Flores: 200 Mediterranean style condos. Prices $145K-$185K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Prestancia: This is probably one of the more upscale developments in Palmer Ranch. Two championship golf courses. Prices $245K-1.295 mil, 30 properties, no foreclosures

Serenade on Palm Ranch: Affordable Condo community. 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. $64,900-$188K, 9 properties, no foreclosures

Silver Oak: There are 181 single family homes here. It is very upscale and probably one of the nicer developments in PR. Prices $498-$997,110, 11 properties, no foreclosures

Stonebridge: Single family homes with preserves and lakes. Prices $315K-$449K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club: Has single family homes, villas and condos. 18-hole golf course. Prices $189K-419K, 900, 47 properties, no foreclosures

The Hamptons at Palmer Ranch-Is comprised of three subdivisions and has from two bedrooms homes up to executive homes. Prices $279K-$599K, there are 7 properties, no foreclosures

The Isles-Is a DiVosta community. Single family homes, villas and townhomes. Prices $189K-$449K, 8 properties, no foreclosures

Turtle Rock-751 single family homes and villas. Executive and estate homes. Pool, recreation building, canoeing, tennis courts, bike paths. Prices $295K-$799K, 14 properties, no foreclosures

VillageWalk on Palmer Ranch-1,177 townhomes, villas, and single family homes. 500 acres. It's like a small town. Prices $224,900-515K, 31 properties, no foreclosures

Vintage Grand-One, two and three bedroom condos. Prices $54,900-$176K, 24 properties, no foreclosures

Wellington Chase-Single family homes. Prices $295K, 1 property, no foreclosures
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 07:34 AM
 
41 posts, read 124,524 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFLGal View Post
I was born in Bradenton. There are many very pretty areas of Bradenton (like down by the river) and then some not so nice areas, like most towns. $700k would buy you a pretty nice home in Bradenton or Sarasota. I love the Sarasota area-the beaches, the people, the culture, etc. The whole vibe is pretty cool.

Jupiter and Palm Beach are both very different than the gulf side. The beaches over there are great for surfing but in my opinion they are not nearly as nice as the gulf side.

It sounds like Palmer Ranch in Sarasota might be a good place to start looking. It's close to the beach, shopping, has the Legacy Trail for biking or running/walking.

Palmer Ranch one of Sarasota's most popular and largest master planned communities with over 10,000 acres. Palmer Ranch actually consists of many neighborhoods, all individually operated under their own HOA. The common areas of Palmer Ranch are maintained by a master association. The overall look and feel of PR is "green" - the roads are grass and treelined, the sidewalks wind throughout the entire community, and they have recently been able to add the Legacy Trail to the many great aspects. The Legacy Trail is a paved walking/biking trail that runs through the woods along the path of the old railroad track.

Palmer Ranch is districted for great schools, is only 10-15 minutes to the beach, and is next door to the mall, new 12-screen movie theater and a fantastic YMCA complex, including a huge waterpark. Palmer Ranch is very popular with families.

Silver Oak and Prestancia are going to be your more upscale neighborhoods. Silver Oak has a championship golf course, tennis, canoeing, nature and bike trails, clubhouse, pool/spa, exercise facility. All home sites back up to a lake or preserve. It is one of the newer neighborhoods in PR.

Prestancia has two championship golf courses, country club, etc. The boundaries for Prestancia are-Palmer Ranch Way, McIntosh and Beneva. It pretty much runs inside of those streets-it encompasses 565 acres.

Reymore St is the southern boundary for Palmer Ranch. The eastern boundary runs out to I-75, the western boundary goes to Beneva and the northern boundary runs nearly to Clark Rd. This tells a little more about Palmer Ranch: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmer_Ranch Within Palmer Ranch is CJ Lofino YMCA Complex. It has a full aquatic center, gym/fitness, basketball, swimming, tennis, and water park for the kids.

Here are the communities within Palmer Ranch:

Arielle: 2 and three bedrooms coach homes built in the mid 2000's, Prices are from $239,900-$279,900. There are 5, no foreclosures

Botanica: on Palmer Ranch: 172 luxury condo styled apartments. Prices are from $294,500-$359K, there are 4 condos-no foreclosures.

Bella Villino: Gated, 2/3 bedrooms resort like low rise condos. Prices are from $69K-$230K, there are 19 condos, 0 foreclosures

Country Club of Sarasota: Gated, single family homes. Prices are from $229K-$550K, 8 properties, no foreclosures

Deer Creek on Palmer Ranch: 285 acres, 400 luxury homes, private and guarded gate. This is one of the original communities at Palmer Ranch. Prices $229K-$985K, 21 properties, no foreclosures

Huntington Ponite: Single family homes. Prices are from $295K-$349,900, 4 properties, no foreclosures

Marabella: 139 single family homes and villas, gated community. There are currently no properties in here for sale but a few months back here's how it looked. Prices are from $199-$499K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Mira Lago: Mediterranean style, 180 single family homes and villas, maintenance free living. Prices from $269,900-$289,900, 3 properties, no foreclosures

The Palisades at Palmer Ranch: 43 maintenance free and single family homes. Prices $325K, 1 property, no foreclosures

Palmer Square: Mediterranean style maintenance free coach homes and town homes. Prices $311-$365K, 2 properties, no foreclosures

Pinestone at Palmer Ranch: Maintenance free condos. Prices $139,900-$241,777, 11 properties, no foreclosures

Plaza De Flores: 200 Mediterranean style condos. Prices $145K-$185K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Prestancia: This is probably one of the more upscale developments in Palmer Ranch. Two championship golf courses. Prices $245K-1.295 mil, 30 properties, no foreclosures

Serenade on Palm Ranch: Affordable Condo community. 1, 2 and 3 bedrooms. $64,900-$188K, 9 properties, no foreclosures

Silver Oak: There are 181 single family homes here. It is very upscale and probably one of the nicer developments in PR. Prices $498-$997,110, 11 properties, no foreclosures

Stonebridge: Single family homes with preserves and lakes. Prices $315K-$449K, 5 properties, no foreclosures

Stoneybrook Golf & Country Club: Has single family homes, villas and condos. 18-hole golf course. Prices $189K-419K, 900, 47 properties, no foreclosures

The Hamptons at Palmer Ranch-Is comprised of three subdivisions and has from two bedrooms homes up to executive homes. Prices $279K-$599K, there are 7 properties, no foreclosures

The Isles-Is a DiVosta community. Single family homes, villas and townhomes. Prices $189K-$449K, 8 properties, no foreclosures

Turtle Rock-751 single family homes and villas. Executive and estate homes. Pool, recreation building, canoeing, tennis courts, bike paths. Prices $295K-$799K, 14 properties, no foreclosures

VillageWalk on Palmer Ranch-1,177 townhomes, villas, and single family homes. 500 acres. It's like a small town. Prices $224,900-515K, 31 properties, no foreclosures

Vintage Grand-One, two and three bedroom condos. Prices $54,900-$176K, 24 properties, no foreclosures

Wellington Chase-Single family homes. Prices $295K, 1 property, no foreclosures
Great, but I'd be working in West Bradenton. Zip code 34205. On Manatee Ave.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 08:09 AM
 
Location: Nokomis Fl
1,008 posts, read 2,372,124 times
Reputation: 465
If u r working West Bradenton look at Anna Maria Island or Bradenton Beach great places to live and 700k will go a long way.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 08:39 AM
 
15,957 posts, read 33,692,062 times
Reputation: 20319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
If u r working West Bradenton look at Anna Maria Island or Bradenton Beach great places to live and 700k will go a long way.
I second this advice, go for Anna Maria - it's beautiful, or even Longboat Key a bit to the south.

A bit more info - I personally like Bradenton because it is old and has an "old Florida" feel. From your post it sounds like you like newness - Sarasota is more new, as they have knocked down most of their old historic building and built new plazas and condos. Sarasota has a lot more "glitz and glam" than Bradenton, or even Anna Maria Island. It has a bit of a European vibe to it.

Hope this helps!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:01 AM
 
41 posts, read 124,524 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
If u r working West Bradenton look at Anna Maria Island or Bradenton Beach great places to live and 700k will go a long way.
Thanks Peter! I will look into those areas. Any idea of zip codes or do you know of a website for real estate that I could go to that concentrates on those areas? Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
 
41 posts, read 124,524 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I second this advice, go for Anna Maria - it's beautiful, or even Longboat Key a bit to the south.

A bit more info - I personally like Bradenton because it is old and has an "old Florida" feel. From your post it sounds like you like newness - Sarasota is more new, as they have knocked down most of their old historic building and built new plazas and condos. Sarasota has a lot more "glitz and glam" than Bradenton, or even Anna Maria Island. It has a bit of a European vibe to it.

Hope this helps!
Gypsychic,

You are such a sweetheart! Thank you for helping out so much. The city should give you a good citizens award. I've read many of your posts and you are fair and you give off a very positive vibe. I like that.

I DO like newness. I love palm trees, clean everything (new or not) and Nordstrom's! LOL

I also like the European feel, but it has to be in really good condition.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-19-2010, 09:05 AM
 
Location: Palm Island and North Port
7,484 posts, read 20,911,080 times
Reputation: 2838
I was thinking Anna Maria as well but it's 25 minutes from downtown Bradenton and she wanted to stay 20 minutes or less from the downtown area.

Another criteria is top high schools. Manatee High School would be the high school for Anna Maria. You can look up school grades here: School Accountability Report... or get opinions here: www.greatschools.com

NW Bradenton along the river might be another choice.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
 
41 posts, read 124,524 times
Reputation: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter the Brit View Post
If u r working West Bradenton look at Anna Maria Island or Bradenton Beach great places to live and 700k will go a long way.
I havent' heard great things about either place. Suggestions for a place in Sarasota, gated would be nice, planned community, right by the highway, shopping (as upscale as possible) and within a 30 minute drive to West Bradenton. Zip code 34205. On Manatee Ave. Right near the county courthouse.
And I'd raise the house affordability to around 800K or so then.

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2010, 12:08 PM
 
15,957 posts, read 33,692,062 times
Reputation: 20319
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowWhere View Post
I havent' heard great things about either place. Suggestions for a place in Sarasota, gated would be nice, planned community, right by the highway, shopping (as upscale as possible) and within a 30 minute drive to West Bradenton. Zip code 34205. On Manatee Ave. Right near the county courthouse.
And I'd raise the house affordability to around 800K or so then.

Thanks
Sounds like you mike like Lakewood Ranch. Right off I-75, near University Parkway for shopping/dining, and 30 minutes or less to your job.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Sarasota - Bradenton - Venice area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top