Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 07:45 AM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Exactly. Why would the Russians that live in the Eastern part and who are the majority of population, would want to split from the Russians living in Western part of the country?
The OP seemed to think that most of the population in Asiatic Russia are ethnic Asians, or indigenous people.

For example Omsk Oblast: 86% Russian, 4% Kazakh, 2.5% Ukrainian, 2.5% German, 2.2% Tatar...

I quote myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariete View Post
95% of those Siberians are Russians and other Slavic peoples.

For example, the Khanty-Mansi autonomous okrug has 1.5 million people. 30,000 of these are either Khanty or Mansi. A million of these are Russian. You think it's fair to give away this region to a tiny group of 30k people? Even Belarussians outnumber the indigenous peoples of that okrug. It's like giving Finland to Turkey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2014, 09:36 AM

10,646 posts, read 16,038,402 times
Quote:
The OP seemed to think that most of the population in Asiatic Russia are ethnic Asians, or indigenous people.

For example Omsk Oblast: 86% Russian, 4% Kazakh, 2.5% Ukrainian, 2.5% German, 2.2% Tatar...

I quote myself:
When Russia says A its Z, they are famous for bending the truth/making up numbers.

Old 11-02-2014, 10:23 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,079,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentoo View Post
that's what i'm saying. I cannot think of any nations in the last 50 years that have united.
2 examples within the last 50 years:

East and West Germany,

North and South Vietnam

Old 11-02-2014, 12:05 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
When Russia says A its Z, they are famous for bending the truth/making up numbers.

If you don't believe it, go to Siberia, check the numbers out yourself.

Old 11-02-2014, 12:06 PM

26,782 posts, read 22,561,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowlane3 View Post
2 examples within the last 50 years:

East and West Germany,

North and South Vietnam

Old 11-03-2014, 03:04 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Why is it that people from NATO countries think that Russia is just too big, and should split up?

Old 11-03-2014, 03:23 PM

24,128 posts, read 24,817,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Why is it that people from NATO countries think that Russia is just too big, and should split up?
Why is it that people from Russia thinks NATO and the US is a natural enemy?

Old 11-03-2014, 07:13 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Why is it that people from Russia thinks NATO and the US is a natural enemy?
You really need to ask this?

- About everything the West has done towards Russia has been done with the intention on undermining Russia's ability to not only project power, but to provide for itself its own national security.

- It is a well known fact that immediately after the USSR broke apart, many US policy makers, including Cheney, wished for the Russian SSR to break apart as well; this little thing echoes loudly within the halls of the Russian national security policy.

- The US/West has basically made it a mission to surround Russia with airbases and US/Western friendly governments. The US will even feed China anything it wants just to strengthen China against Russia, forcing Russia to expend security resources on its China border.

- Libya was the critical turning point in US-Russian relations, Russia pretty much understood that the US/West has absolutely no regard for Russia's security concerns. This is why Russia to the position it did with Assad, and rightfully so, I wish Russia would take it a step further and send troops in to support Assad, but Russia really does not care for Assad either, other than keeping the Islamic radicals at bay, buying weapons from Russia, and having a port there.

- Russia had to take action to curb the NGO's, in which many were doing nothing but trying to undermine the Russian government. Given the second and third largest political parties are the communists and nationalists, you would think the US/West is just purposely trying to screw Russia up; why in the heck the effort to undermine the only rational political party in Russia? All the while supporting a dictator in Saudi Arabia?

I could go on and on, and you and I have been through this before. But really, it is the US/West who is deploying troops, aircraft, and ships around Russia, not the other way around. The US alone has how many troops stationed around Russia? How many airbases? The recent Ukrainian events were the line in the sand for Russia, a blowback I am sure the US/West did not anticipate.

That does not at all excuse many of Russia's actions either, as I disagree with many of them.

I just really think there are elements within the US gov community (and Russia) who cannot let go of the Cold War past, they want it to continue on, it is all they know.

Old 11-03-2014, 07:19 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,826,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Aside from ideological reasons, it is all about resources. Russia along with central Asia, contain a lot of resources, one in which the US/West want. The US/West either want a puppet government, or Russia to break apart so it can deal with several, weak states to install puppets.

On another front; Russia is really the only country in the world that can feasibly challenge the US globally in regards to military conflict (maybe not at the moment, but easily has the potential and the technology), the US does not like that. So the US and its Western partners, want Russia to be removed from that ability, and the only way to do that is to break it apart, or have a puppet government.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:04 AM

647 posts, read 797,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theropod View Post
Should Russia split already?
No. Only some North Caucasian provinces (Dagestan for instance) can to pretend for independence. But other parts of Russia have mostly Russian population, so I don't understand why should they to separate from Russia.

And why Russia? There are many other countries in the world that have more serious territorial troubles than Russia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
I said it before...

Move all the Russians to the west of the Ural mountains.
Man, you have too many silly thoughts, visit a doctor please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World