Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Japan vs Italy ( east Asia vs europe)
Japan 31 52.54%
Italy 28 47.46%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 03:51 AM

23 posts, read 51,386 times

Advertisements

Vs

Both Lyes at similar latitudes.

Japan goes a bit down south; while Italy goes a bit north.

Japan is an isle
Italy is a penisle

Italy is connected and attached to Europe
Japan is an island but near to northern part of east Asia (Russia; china; coreas)

Japan is higly volcanic
Italy is medium volcanic

Japan has a higer HDI

Japaneses love Italy and are very interested in Italian culture. Italy is one of the most visited country by them on turism

Last edited by Giulia90; 02-21-2015 at 04:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2015, 03:53 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,758 times
Japan ALL THE WAY!!!

Old 02-21-2015, 03:55 AM

1,446 posts, read 1,955,971 times
Italy

Old 02-21-2015, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
Japan ALL THE WAY!!!
Well; judging by what you sayed about us I m not surprised.

However I think Colombian and Venezuelans are the most beautiful of southern America.

Old 02-21-2015, 04:03 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,840,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulia90 View Post
Well; judging by what you sayed about us I m not surprised.

However I think Colombian and Venezuelans are the most beautiful of southern America.
you're very kind!

I like the REAL italy and I enjoy to meet the REAL ITALIANS!

I don't like the great great great grandchildren of the old italian immigrants that now live in the US and Brazil and are always talking about how italian they are, even though most of them never went to italy or know anyone in italy and are always ridiculing the REAL italy and the REAL people from italy!

look at jersey shore for example

I liked japan because I live in Europe so to me Europe is not as exotic as japan.... I also would chose japan over france or uk or germany or anywhere in europe or most countries in the world, its not because is italy!

I always enjoyed japan and many aspects of their very unique culture!

Old 02-21-2015, 04:11 AM

Yes.. I think this is connected to ethnic segregation; a model of society I don't like.

I like more europe model where immigrants with time they will be integrated and not separated. I think immigrations into a monocultural country help integration; in the sense in the future they would be omogeneous with the population. This has happened only in the central part of Brazil; maybe Mexico??; Colombia; Venezuela.

But still in Brazil, in the southern part Italian and portugueses stick to themselves.
As well as Germans stick to themselves in some part of brazil, Argentina, Paraguay.

This I don't like. I like people to interact an mix with others; like it happens in central brazil

Old 02-21-2015, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irene-cd View Post
you're very kind!

I like the REAL italy and I enjoy to meet the REAL ITALIANS!

I don't like the great great great grandchildren of the old italian immigrants that now live in the US and Brazil and are always talking about how italian they are, even though most of them never went to italy or know anyone in italy and are always ridiculing the REAL italy and the REAL people from italy!

look at jersey shore for example

I liked japan because I live in Europe so to me Europe is not as exotic as japan.... I also would chose japan over france or uk or germany or anywhere in europe or most countries in the world, its not because is italy!

I always enjoyed japan and many aspects of their very unique culture!
Yes; altought japan is overcrowded.

100.000.000 vs 60.000.000 of italy.

But japanes are very tidy and civic. More than Italians. For sure. So they mange it quite well

Old 02-21-2015, 05:06 AM

2,617 posts, read 3,456,184 times
For living, Italy easily. I don't want to live in a super collectivist culture and it's anyway very hard to live in Japan for a foreigner because of 'gaijin' mentality. For history and culture, both countries are interesting though.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:24 AM

1,770 posts, read 1,663,643 times
Italy for pretty much everything. I have very little interest in Japan.

Old 02-21-2015, 05:27 AM

8,866 posts, read 8,448,789 times
I'd go with Japan. Safe, clean, plenty of things to do and see, less corruption, and more reasonable taxation.
I do think that the social hierarchy, collectivism, and the awful gender inequality of Japan is rather concerning, but the good triumphs the bad imo.
As for earthquakes, we're used to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World