Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2016, 04:21 AM

426 posts, read 394,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
Romney was right, Trump is a fraud and a liar. He is also a narcissistic misogynist to whom a woman, in his words, is just a piece of a..e.

I watched Trumps performances in the GOP debates, to say Trump is a flip flopper is an under statement, the guy is a bloody contortionist. He has no coherent policies, in fact has has nothing but bluster, the man is a self obsessed windbag.

Trump doesn't talk much about his family history, according to him his grand father was a Swedish immigrant, in fact his grand father was a German who skipped military service in his native country. His name was Friedrich Drumpf (Drumpf was the families name before they anglicised it),

Friedrich made hie money, which proved to be be the basis of the Trump fortune, from a string of saloons and brothels selling cheap booze and "sporting women" to miners during the Klondyke gold rush. When the RCMP began a crack on prostitution, illegal alcohol and gambling, Drumpf sold up and fled back to Germany. The German authorities, however, decided that he had dodged military service and tax obligations, and he was expelled back to the US.

He was 49 when he died in 1918 and left a fortune worth $582,000. The irony is of course that grandpa Friedrich was an illegal immigrant who made his money selling booze and women, he was the Yukons version of Al Swearingen, a criminal.

I suppose it's easy to see why Trump doesn't mention his forebears. Maybe Trump inherited his attitude to women from his granddad the pimp.

I would have vote for Friedrich, not his grandson.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:26 AM

426 posts, read 394,515 times
They are comparing him with Berlusconi, but Berlusconi was fun, more class.
It would be like comparing Musso and Addie.

Old 03-07-2016, 04:00 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krokodill View Post
They are comparing him with Berlusconi, but Berlusconi was fun, more class.
It would be like comparing Musso and Addie.
Berlusconi never had to resort to such xenophobic statements as far as i know. He may have been casually racist a couple times (such as the time he said tha Obama is his tanned friend ) but that's it, he's mostly kept it to himself

Old 03-07-2016, 04:08 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,915 times
The best description I've heard yet of Donald Trump during debates, is that he's like a blender that's on high speed and missing the lid.

Old 03-07-2016, 08:22 PM

3,282 posts, read 3,795,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by improb View Post
Berlusconi never had to resort to such xenophobic statements as far as i know. He may have been casually racist a couple times (such as the time he said tha Obama is his tanned friend ) but that's it, he's mostly kept it to himself
Tanned friend? Lol

Old 03-07-2016, 10:23 PM

164 posts, read 160,206 times
I think I've finally understood the phenomenon of "the Trump". The repetitive name-calling against him in this thread is incredibly irritating even though I actually agree with some (not all) of those views. Imagine the same effect applied to an entire nation of 300 million using the vehicle of collective stupidity that is the US media machine.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:11 PM

3,423 posts, read 4,369,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Points of Convergence View Post
I think I've finally understood the phenomenon of "the Trump". The repetitive name-calling against him in this thread is incredibly irritating even though I actually agree with some (not all) of those views. Imagine the same effect applied to an entire nation of 300 million using the vehicle of collective stupidity that is the US media machine.
An inner-circle member of the Westboro Baptist Church isn't "endorsing" Trump--she's stated to the media that "he's sorta fringe":

Westboro Baptist Church Just Weighed in on ‘Endorsing’ Donald Trump–And Two Words Will Leave a Mark

Trump has no political credentials or experience whatsoever.... he's just known for being rich and on TV a lot. That's all you think anyone needs in order to earn credibility as a candidate for president of the U.S.? Oy. At that rate, Lindsey Lohan should run for president too. And any/all of the Kardashians. Or Kanye. Etc.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:46 PM

2,974 posts, read 2,816,602 times
I think the primaries in Idaho, Hawaii (only Republican), Michigan and Mississippi (both) will end soon. Sanders should win Michigan if he wants to keep the race alive but polls seem to go against him but the same seemed to happen in both Minnesota and Kansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosa surf View Post
Tanned friend? Lol
He did it twice:

In 2008 when Obama first got elected
And then in 2009 when he even included Michelle in his friendly remarks

Old 03-08-2016, 08:16 PM

164 posts, read 160,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa2011 View Post
Trump has no political credentials or experience whatsoever.... he's just known for being rich and on TV a lot.
Please pay attention.

PS. Non-endorsement by WBC is generally seen as a good thing. The concept of fringe isn't linear.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:04 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,876,278 times
I'd like him to be the next POTUS. Or if not it, Cruz, Rubio, and even -damn me!-that old Marxisgt Sanders.
Anybody really save that Wall Street/AFLCIO creature, Ms Clinton (who already enjoyed the perks of living in the White House for 8 years during her hysband's presidency).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World