Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2021, 08:32 AM

12,192 posts, read 8,067,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Why don't visitors stick to better areas?

Every city has better neighborhoods and not so great neighborhoods.
I dont know what to tell you. From what im reading, many people expect more from LA and find the touristy neighborhoods inaround LA to be a let down (Hollywood, Beverly Hills, SM Pier, dwntwn la)

Personally, San Diego is my favorite city in CA. I like LA for the nightlife though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2021, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindag View Post
Absolute nonsense. There are many subways lines, light-rail, and buses throughout LA. Now because the city is so spread out, it is difficult to cover all areas. Los Angeles continues to spend billions on upgrading public transportation.
+1. I find LA's public transportation to be almost a good as some of the legacies.

Old 08-15-2021, 08:46 AM

910 posts, read 368,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masssachoicetts View Post
+1. I find LA's public transportation to be almost a good as some of the legacies.
Exactly! I am more of a car person, but there are people in LA that don't own a car, and get around on public transportation. The network is rather vast, and underrated.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:23 AM

6,573 posts, read 12,081,415 times
Quote:
Absolute nonsense. There are many subways lines, light-rail, and buses throughout LA. Now because the city is so spread out, it is difficult to cover all areas. Los Angeles continues to spend billions on upgrading public transportation.
By American city standards it's pretty good, but not by world city standards especially for cities of that size and world class status.

Old 08-15-2021, 09:33 AM

910 posts, read 368,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
By American city standards it's pretty good, but not by world city standards especially for cities of that size and world class status.
Yes by American standards its good, but certainly not compared with world standards. They are making huge investments in it, but it would take some more time to come up to world standards. Its hard to get money for public transportation in America, because of the stigma that only poor people ride it.

Old 08-15-2021, 01:26 PM

77 posts, read 235,809 times
Barcelona is an awful city, dirty, unfriendly and extremely overrated.

Old 08-15-2021, 03:27 PM

779 posts, read 597,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roe5745 View Post
Disagree, Barcelona is cleaner and way less dirty than anything the UK has on offer.

Old 08-15-2021, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roe5745 View Post
I will respectfully disagree. Also, be careful calling a city awful... your personal preference does not mean a city is awful.

Old 08-15-2021, 07:12 PM

810 posts, read 473,176 times
Quote:
Yes by American standards its good, but certainly not compared with world standards. They are making huge investments in it, but it would take some more time to come up to world standards. Its hard to get money for public transportation in America, because of the stigma that only poor people ride it.
Luckily that's starting to change a little bit with the new US administration. I love the fact that the Prez is a big Amtrak fan and that the new infrastructure bill includes billions of new dollars for transit. It's not perfect but a start - we can't build roads forever.

To answer the OP, Rome was ok (like the history was amazing!) but I was so underwhelmed. I much prefer Lisbon to Rome.

Old 08-15-2021, 10:38 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,030,147 times
Brisbane Australia. Sure they are going to host the 2032 Olympics but I find the city boring.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World