Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2021, 02:04 AM

169 posts, read 130,471 times

Advertisements

I'd rather prefer a research that links specific sports to education level.
Most soccer fans seem to be of the lower middle class, neo Nazi, uneducated, blue-collar kind. You don't find many college professors that are avid soccer fans anywhere. They, I assume, prefer more intellectual sports like chess (but just playing it), tennis, snooker. The players themselves have lower IQ in soccer than in tennis or snooker.

Old 07-27-2021, 02:19 AM

27,222 posts, read 13,514,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcoolm View Post
I'd rather prefer a research that links specific sports to education level.
Most soccer fans seem to be of the lower middle class, neo Nazi, uneducated, blue-collar kind. You don't find many college professors that are avid soccer fans anywhere. They, I assume, prefer more intellectual sports like chess (but just playing it), tennis, snooker. The players themselves have lower IQ in soccer than in tennis or snooker.
The idea that soccer (football) fans are lower middle class neo-Nazi's is utter nonsense.

Football is a sport watched by the masses, and the vast majority of the fans are just ordinary people and not political extremists.

As for IQ's, I have found no study relating to playing soccer, tennis and rugby, however there is a US study, and this suggests that WWE fans have the highest IQ of any sports fans, although if that's the case, I feel very sorry for Americans and American society.

Nascar comes bottom of the list of fans by IQ by some considerable amount, and Nascar fans get a free special t-shirt and a special medical badge with Nascar written on it.

WWE Fans average highest IQ among sports fans according to new study - SportsRush (2021)

As for intelligent football (soccer) players here are a few with very high IQ's -

Famous footballers with the highest IQ in the world today -theleader

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-27-2021 at 02:43 AM..

Old 07-27-2021, 03:11 AM

Well in Bulgaria you don't get tennis-related graffiti. Most of the ugly graffiti with ethnic and other slurs are from soccer fans. Also the dick symbols as well are from them. We have many so called ultras.

WWE you say, well at least it's funny (it's mostly staged spectacle). Soccer is so boring I fall asleep and it's never funny.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:17 AM

27,222 posts, read 13,514,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcoolm View Post
Well in Bulgaria you don't get tennis-related graffiti. Most of the ugly graffiti with ethnic and other slurs are from soccer fans. Also the dick symbols as well are from them. We have many so called ultras.

WWE you say, well at least it's funny (it's mostly staged spectacle). Soccer is so boring I fall asleep and it's never funny.

Bulgaria might be a bit different.

Lovely country but was blighted by organised crime for a while, I hope it has improved since then.

Graffiti isn't linked to soccer as much in the UK, and we don't have the same level of ultras.

As for the WWE and Nascar IQ's that did make me LOL, although I don't want to offend any Americans who like WWE and Nascar.

Old 07-27-2021, 03:40 AM

14,822 posts, read 12,047,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Being a human, I too have played all those sports. Being a natural, I find them all quite easy

Kicking a soccer ball is a simple gross motor skill that every child can do. Catching a ball? Not so much. Shooting a ball through a hoop...come on. That the primary soccer skill is so fundamental and simple isn't a negative. It is a positive and makes it accessible to all.
Anybody can 'kick' a ball yes but making it go where you want it too is MUCH harder than using your hands MUCH harder! Like I said you go and kick a ball through a hoop then throw it through, then come back and tell me which is easier! Then throw a ball in the air and catch it 10 times followed by keeping a football in the air by kicking it 10 times (keepy up) You've clearly never kicked a ball in your life!

Old 07-27-2021, 04:30 AM

I prefer playing handball, then basketball and a third distant volleyball. Soccer was the most boring.

The first two are so much fun to play, I actually didn't sign up for the handball team as I was having way TOO much fun and ended up laughing all the time.

Same for basket - I would love the chase and often would laugh. Both handball and basketball have lots of chasing and throwing. Ironically I suck at scoring basket goals but I was a better chaser/whatever its called anyway. In handball I'd throw the ball and score.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:49 AM

2 posts, read 1,163 times
Default IS soccer

Its not only the USA where it doesn't generate much interest.

But yes, sports is largely a question of loyalty and affiliation. The team and the very sport you support is primarily a function of what you are brought up with.

Old 07-27-2021, 04:58 AM

Handball and American football are better for the upper body development (more so than volleyball and basketball where they rather become lanky). With soccer mostly your lower body muscles develop which is not very desirable for guys. They're also more high-intensity, lots of soccer is just running around so you cannot beef up from it alone.

Old 07-27-2021, 05:37 AM

3,410 posts, read 4,472,228 times
Soccer is only fun to watch when teams are playing "attractive football." I don't want to watch a team pass it around the back for half the game.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:07 AM

3,560 posts, read 1,659,513 times
I have little interest in millionaires playing kids games, wouldnt pay to see it, if bored might watch game on tv or listen on radio. But rarely bored, and its annoying to deal with all money making BS. Kids frankly can figure out something to do with any ball in some pickup game of their own design and rules. Kids in USA used to do stick ball, the street version of baseball. Didnt need much to play, even seen them do it in a residential street. Ran away fast if they happened to break a window... Anywhere there is a basketball hoop next to a concrete surface kids do pickup game of hoops, usually not full court basketball with official teams, just couple kids or small group. Different times now, everybody worried about liability and micro managing lives of kids with coaches and uniforms and all the signs of affluence. Different times in first world countries. Now in poorer countries sure still neighborhood kids designing and playing own games with whatever they have in whatever space they have. Soccer certainly be easy, just need a ball, but so is stickball. Again use what is available in the space available. Dont think it really matters to the kids what the game is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World