Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 12:06 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,058,471 times

Advertisements

I agree about the chains on the U-haul.

I found an awesome travel kit on Costco's website.
It has high calorie food, water, thermal warmers and blankets, whistles, first aide, reflective triangle, and more...
It is a 3 day supply I believe with a 5 year shelf life on the food and water.

We are also ordering 2 cobra road trip handheld cbs with NOAA weather channels, they get out like 4 miles I believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2007, 12:43 PM

777 posts, read 3,198,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristynwy View Post
We are also ordering 2 cobra road trip handheld cbs with NOAA weather channels, they get out like 4 miles I believe.
Be aware though, that it will be an unobstructed straight line 4 miles. They will realistically be good for about 1 to 2 miles.
The weather band is nice to have. When I did a road trip last year form So Cal to Eugene OR, to pick up my corvette, the stereo in my Suburban quit working 2 hours into the trip. Listening to the weather bands, and truckers was the only thing keeping me sane.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johns65vette View Post
Be aware though, that it will be an unobstructed straight line 4 miles. They will realistically be good for about 1 to 2 miles.
The weather band is nice to have. When I did a road trip last year form So Cal to Eugene OR, to pick up my corvette, the stereo in my Suburban quit working 2 hours into the trip. Listening to the weather bands, and truckers was the only thing keeping me sane.
in the truck we are towing, my husband has a mounted cb, I really like listening to it on road trips.. When there are no stations and you have a long stretch it helps you from getting bored

Old 01-10-2007, 06:23 PM

24 posts, read 110,604 times
Default Good For You!!

Wow Kristy, you really seem to have it all down pat. I hope that when we are ready to make the move, we are that prepared. I wish it was tomorrow, but the more I check into moving vans and such I wonder if we will ever be able to afford the move. My husband has been offered a job wit the WY DOT, but we told them we can not move until late summer, after my 18 year old graduates here and gets into her dorm here. But everyday we look at finances and wonder if we are only dreaming of this. I can only hope that I win the lottery or someone leaves us an inheritance that we didn't know about, lol. Hopefully next winter we can all meet with gussler and have a party to thank him for all his great help and everyone else that will be in the Sheridan area, as we are looking to move to there or Buffalo, not that far away and enjoy the great move that we all did. Thanks again..........Peggy

Old 01-10-2007, 07:23 PM

Have you checked with Uhual?

We check months ago, and our rate was two times what it is now, it dropped by 1,000 dollars within a month so we made a reservation and locked in the lower rate. The rates depend on avalability.

Well we almost have it down pat.. I just need to make sure we have a roof over our heads and then we will be ok.. I am really a bit nervous..

my husband is gonna call the employer and hopefully he will have some suggestions..

Jgussler is very nice, he just offered to put us up if we can't find anywhere..

I think if you work hard you can make it over there.. may take some sacrifice, everyone on the phone told me it is tight housing over there but not impossible..

I hope things work out for you financially.

It would be nice to meet everyone when we get over there

Old 01-10-2007, 07:42 PM

I think my plan when we move, is to sell most of our furniture, since it's not worth much anyway, and then buy new/used when we find a place. Not selling my tools though. It would cost way to much to replace those.

Maybe the DOT would be willing to help with relocation?

Last edited by YOU-CANT-EAT-SCENERY; 01-10-2007 at 07:54 PM..

Old 01-18-2007, 09:38 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
John.

try this.

https://egov.state.wy.us/ThankYou.aspx

Old 01-18-2007, 04:55 PM

24 posts, read 110,604 times
Default Thanks!

Thanks, but nothing came up with that website. Is there supposed to be something there to assist me in my quest?? I sent a letter to the Governor, so we will see what he has to offer. Worth a try lol.

Old 01-18-2007, 07:07 PM

I bookmarked the website just for information purposes. I think he meant the link for you, not me

Old 01-19-2007, 06:44 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,077,816 times
I meant the link for anybody that could use it. This is a wonderful state and we can use good people.

I'm headed for the great sand pit, I can use somebody to keep the lights on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming