Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 11:51 AM

1,473 posts, read 1,422,406 times

Advertisements

Wyoming is 23rd in the US on average home prices by state. The western states are surprisingly high. Virginia is 16th..the only southern state with higher average prices. There is a much larger low end in the South. Also, many more condos in all the more populated areas, that would often bring the average down.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascent/rese...e-price-state/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2021, 02:24 PM

560 posts, read 437,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
$7,600 in property tax

How about no more than $2,500 MAX for property taxes?
That would be a dream. The overall tax burden in Texas is high however the good news is with any conservative reps in charge we have a tax surplus just about every year or so. I may not completely agree with their politics but fiscally it’s decent. Now if they would just care about the constitution...

Wyoming is becoming more and more appealing to us followed by Montana. I think Idaho is just changing too fast and shortly becoming the next Colorado.

Old 05-01-2021, 09:19 PM

255 posts, read 261,738 times
We visited our son today in Gillette. He was talking about four houses just sold on his street very recently. All within days of being listed and those selling did good on the sale. His wife was reading an article off her phone about the top ten most moved to places due to covid. I believe she said Gillette was #10. We were working so didn't pay completely attention to what she was saying but I think I heard that right? He also said they were crazy busy where he works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
I think Idaho is just changing too fast and shortly becoming the next Colorado.
I have a friend in Rexburg, I believe is where he lives. He was asking me alot of questions about building a home as I've done it quite a few times. He was telling me the building codes and permitting they had to deal with and it was considerably extensive considering it being Idaho.

Old 05-02-2021, 03:21 AM

5,585 posts, read 5,017,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Torgue View Post
That would be a dream. The overall tax burden in Texas is high however the good news is with any conservative reps in charge we have a tax surplus just about every year or so. I may not completely agree with their politics but fiscally it’s decent. Now if they would just care about the constitution...

Wyoming is becoming more and more appealing to us followed by Montana. I think Idaho is just changing too fast and shortly becoming the next Colorado.
Seems to be the property taxes are much lower in Wyoming than Idaho which is the current hot spot.

Old 05-02-2021, 11:37 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
https://www.powelltribune.com/storie...-us-know,31223

Old 05-02-2021, 11:58 AM

788 posts, read 1,742,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
Cheap land is first to go down, in a downturn. Do you want to invest in real estate or used building materials, and risk having to compete with new builds at a lower price?
Most land in wyoming would,by traditional standards, be considered "cheap" in regards to soil quality, access to water, ect but the value $$ of it seems to keep going up and up and up...

Old 05-02-2021, 12:20 PM

788 posts, read 1,742,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wytempest View Post
We visited our son today in Gillette. He was talking about four houses just sold on his street very recently. All within days of being listed and those selling did good on the sale. His wife was reading an article off her phone about the top ten most moved to places due to covid. I believe she said Gillette was #10. We were working so didn't pay completely attention to what she was saying but I think I heard that right? He also said they were crazy busy where he works.
Encouraging to hear that about Gillette...it hasn't gone "bust" yet.

Old 05-02-2021, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
Encouraging to hear that about Gillette...it hasn't gone "bust" yet.
yES How is the Gillette market?
Property taxes aren't as bad as other states.

Last edited by nowhereman427; 05-02-2021 at 02:27 PM..

Old 05-02-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rya700 View Post
Most land in wyoming would,by traditional standards, be considered "cheap" in regards to soil quality, access to water, ect but the value $$ of it seems to keep going up and up and up...

https://www.powelltribune.com/storie...ad-home,31231?

https://www.powelltribune.com/storie...ractive,31222?

Old 05-02-2021, 08:08 PM

15 posts, read 13,683 times
We were outbid on a house in Gillette. Offered on it after it was on market less than 48 hours, and lost it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming