Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2022, 02:07 PM

507 posts, read 664,632 times

Advertisements

I did not send you anything of the sort.

The only thing I would send you is a moving guide to Maine.

Old 08-10-2022, 02:21 PM

8,979 posts, read 20,408,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyoprairie View Post
I did not send you anything of the sort.

The only thing I would send you is a moving guide to Maine.
Well, just got an e-mail in Junk with your forum name on it. I did go into the forum thread and didn't see that you replied, but. Sorry, but was only going by what I got.

Old 08-10-2022, 08:33 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,986,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
When did Sheridan "get a target", you ask? In another thread I done, Sheridan and vicinity (surrounding areas) was highly recommended by some members, whereas Cheyenne definitely wasn't. So, we are now researching/investigating the northern part of Wyoming. And, besides that, just 20 miles from Sheridan is Tongue River Reservoir for boating (powerboating, that is).

Guess members here have never heard of Lake Murray in So. Carolina? Back in 2008, we had thought about moving there and checked it out. Well, come to find out, part of the lake is covering a cemetery! That's right, a cemetery. When the water goes down a certain amount, grave sites have been seen sticking out of the water. Plus, some military test planes have gone down in the lake as well. After hearing about this stuff, our minds changed very fast.

When it comes to a "bottomless lake", just what does that mean? Because it is said that Granby Lake, right on the outside of RMNP, opposite Estes Park, is bottomless also. And, Hemet Lake, in So. California is said to be that way as well. No bottom, or too deep to measure?
At no point in this long, drawn out essay did you answer the question about a Target store in Sheridan. Amazing. I took it upon myself to go to the website. The nearest store is in Billings, Montana but there is a store in Sheridan, Colorado.

Old 08-10-2022, 10:19 PM

8,509 posts, read 8,840,496 times
Probably lots of western hats around during Don King Days.
https://www.sheridanwyoming.org/fest...don-king-days/

Come see the hats, steer roping, etc. Or not.

Prior to your visit, you could use Google maps / street view. Wander down main st and eyeball store fronts without worry of traffic. "Drive by" all the apartments and get a little feel for neighborhoods. Drive out to the lakes and / or up into the Bighorns. First glances at hospital, parks, whatever. Figure out the street system. Figure out your stops and parking. Prep to make the trip easier / more productive or to further examine choice / length.

Last edited by NW Crow; 08-10-2022 at 11:13 PM..

Old 08-11-2022, 07:50 AM

Sorry I made the mistake about "Target". Then again, I can use my same old excuse, my age (73). LOL

Old 08-11-2022, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Probably lots of western hats around during Don King Days.
https://www.sheridanwyoming.org/fest...don-king-days/

Come see the hats, steer roping, etc. Or not.

Prior to your visit, you could use Google maps / street view. Wander down main st and eyeball store fronts without worry of traffic. "Drive by" all the apartments and get a little feel for neighborhoods. Drive out to the lakes and / or up into the Bighorns. First glances at hospital, parks, whatever. Figure out the street system. Figure out your stops and parking. Prep to make the trip easier / more productive or to further examine choice / length.
Yes, this is in our plans (in red above). Still not sure if Sheridan is big enough for us, but will find out. However, when we had our house in Parker, CO, 28 miles south/southeast of Denver, Parker was small. It was like the city of Churubusco aka "Busco", Indiana, where we went shopping on a weekend when I was in high school.

Small cities/towns seem to be much more friendly than bigger ones. I think the Pandemic had a lot to do with wiping out some friendliness everywhere.

Old 08-11-2022, 05:11 PM

5,592 posts, read 5,044,798 times
Quote:
Yes, this is in our plans (in red above). Still not sure if Sheridan is big enough for us, but will find out. However, when we had our house in Parker, CO, 28 miles south/southeast of Denver, Parker was small. It was like the city of Churubusco aka "Busco", Indiana, where we went shopping on a weekend when I was in high school.

Small cities/towns seem to be much more friendly than bigger ones. I think the Pandemic had a lot to do with wiping out some friendliness everywhere.
Yes keep those people coughing away
Distance yourself further away from people.

Old 08-12-2022, 09:55 AM

We sent an e-mail to the Sheridan Rodeo Committee, but since that rodeo is over, don't know if we will hear from them. We asked what it's like in Sheridan after the rodeo is over. Also asked if there are those in Sheridan that have the Cowboy Channel and keep up with rodeos across America.

Actually we are in a fan group on Facebook concerning the Cowboy Channel, so I asked in that Group if anyone lives in or around Sheridan, Wyoming.

Old 08-13-2022, 03:54 PM

WOW, had three Senior people today tell us, after we told them that we were giving it thought to move to Sheridan, or somewhere surrounding, they said "If I was you, I sure would! This part of Colorado is going downhill very fast."

Yep, that's what we were told today.

Old 08-13-2022, 03:56 PM

5,592 posts, read 5,044,798 times
Quote:
WOW, had three Senior people today tell us, after we told them that we were giving it thought to move to Sheridan, or somewhere surrounding, they said "If I was you, I sure would! This part of Colorado is going downhill very fast."

Yep, that's what we were told today.
Eric Bishop of WWE World Wrestling Entertainment lives in Cody, Wyoming so you know it must be good there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming