Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2022, 02:08 PM

9,033 posts, read 20,454,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejisme View Post
Where did EMT come from? I thought you had posted on other threads that you work manufacturing and warehouse management??
My first job, after getting my Honorable Discharge from the Navy in Long Beach, CA., was working in the stagecoach ride area at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, CA. taking care of the horses. After a few weeks of that, I applied for, and got a job working for an ambulance company. I got all of my EMS/EMT training on-the-job, which use to be call OJT. And, back then, mid 70's, that career wasn't called EMS. Actually, back then, our overhead emergency lights were red/yellow, vans and Cadillac's were driven and the show Emergency was still on tv. All of my ambulance calls were in Los Angeles and Orange County, California.

After a couple of years doing the EMS thing, I started another OJT job, which was working in manufacturing/warehousing. Actually, I worked in Shipping/Receiving/Stockroom/Warehouse. Didn't start using a computer until I worked as a Stockroom Supervisor for a medical/industrial laser manufacturer in 1989.

So, there you go! I mean, you do know that I'm 73 years old, right? My high school years were on a Duroc hog farm in northeastern Indiana. I enlisted in the Navy, in May 1968, right before high school graduation, before the Army Draft could get me.

Old 08-09-2022, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkb826 View Post
Babyboomer2, what do you mean by scary history on Lake Desmet? Please fill me in as I am unaware and have luved here most of my life.
There is an online article about Lake DeSmet (how it's spelled online).

Here is what I read:

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/wyom...ehind-wy-lake/

Old 08-09-2022, 04:20 PM

5,604 posts, read 5,090,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
There is an online article about Lake DeSmet (how it's spelled online).

Here is what I read:

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/wyom...ehind-wy-lake/
Wyoming folklore tells tales of a Loch Ness-type creature that supposedly lives in Lake De Smet, swimmers have been reported to disappear beneath the water never to surface again, animals become frightened and won't go near certain areas of the lake, and it's said that unnatural noises can be heard there at night.

Old 08-09-2022, 04:35 PM

10,349 posts, read 14,041,598 times
Quote:
First, thanks to RosieSD, and others, for her/their information given.

We aren't financially strapped, but my wife's temp job won't last forever. Luckily it's lasted longer than April of last year (2021), when it was suppose to end. We only took one rodeo trip, but should've used the rest of the days she had off, to go to Sheridan, but didn't. However, for one day, we did take out our boat, which was a great idea to do. We are in the process of planning a trip to Sheridan towards the middle/end of Sept. Plan on being in Sheridan for a couple of days (weekend), possibly checking out Tongue River Reservoir as well.

I stated to RosieSD that any time my wife takes off, whether for sick or vacation, she is not paid for. She has no benefits at all with the company she works for, but does get an excellent weekly salary.

Sort of funny, but the Chamber in Sheridan told us there were no "Big Box" stores in/around Sheridan. We looked it up and there is Penny's, Sears, Walmart Supercenter and Target. However, a Best Buy would be in Billings. Many, many things we order online, so.........

Sheridan does have boat storage places and a rather big lake, Tongue River Reservoir is only 20 miles from Sheridan. So, if we do indeed move to Sheridan, our boat will come with us. It's running great now, so we see no reason to sell it.

Anyway, thanks again for the help and will be putting our name on any Waiting List where we feel we might want to live.
When did Sheridan get a Target? Also their Penny's has been closed for some time. Sad since it was an old school one.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:49 PM

215 posts, read 669,427 times
Lol, oh okay, the Lake DeSmet monster, and it is supposedly bottomless too. I have heard of those tales but be assured nobody has reported anything in the last few decades. The only people who have disappeared on the lake that I know of are some snowmobilersthat feel through the ice. Certainly nothing that keeps people off the lake all summer

Old 08-09-2022, 11:32 PM

5,604 posts, read 5,090,057 times
Quote:
Lol, oh okay, the Lake DeSmet monster, and it is supposedly bottomless too. I have heard of those tales but be assured nobody has reported anything in the last few decades. The only people who have disappeared on the lake that I know of are some snowmobilersthat feel through the ice. Certainly nothing that keeps people off the lake all summer

Old 08-10-2022, 09:18 AM

670 posts, read 1,058,709 times
Quote:
My brother and I spent a lot of time scanning the water of Lake DeSmet for a glimpse of Smetty when we were kids

Old 08-10-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
When did Sheridan get a Target? Also their Penny's has been closed for some time. Sad since it was an old school one.
When did Sheridan "get a target", you ask? In another thread I done, Sheridan and vicinity (surrounding areas) was highly recommended by some members, whereas Cheyenne definitely wasn't. So, we are now researching/investigating the northern part of Wyoming. And, besides that, just 20 miles from Sheridan is Tongue River Reservoir for boating (powerboating, that is).

Guess members here have never heard of Lake Murray in So. Carolina? Back in 2008, we had thought about moving there and checked it out. Well, come to find out, part of the lake is covering a cemetery! That's right, a cemetery. When the water goes down a certain amount, grave sites have been seen sticking out of the water. Plus, some military test planes have gone down in the lake as well. After hearing about this stuff, our minds changed very fast.

When it comes to a "bottomless lake", just what does that mean? Because it is said that Granby Lake, right on the outside of RMNP, opposite Estes Park, is bottomless also. And, Hemet Lake, in So. California is said to be that way as well. No bottom, or too deep to measure?

Old 08-10-2022, 11:20 AM

8,413 posts, read 7,708,208 times
Quote:
When did Sheridan "get a target", you ask?
You seem to be forgetting what you've said and asked about on this thread (and your many other threads).

NDak15 was asking about the Target IN Sheridan because in your post #94 in this thread you said:

Quote:
F
Sort of funny, but the Chamber in Sheridan told us there were no "Big Box" stores in/around Sheridan. We looked it up and there is Penny's, Sears, Walmart Supercenter and Target. However, a Best Buy would be in Billings. Many, many things we order online, so.........
There is no need to refresh everyone's memory on your past history. You've already done that many, many times.

Stick to asking questions, not repeating yourself, and people will be more likely to want to continue answering your questions.

You've already received a lot of answers about Sheridan in this thread and the many others you have started. There is no need to start another thread on Sheridan.

You have someone in this thread who has lived in Sheridan for many years who has offered to answer your questions. Perhaps you could DM that Sheridan resident to ask further questions privately.

You should also re-read the multiple threads you've started here about Wyoming and you'll find plenty of people have already given you their opinions about Sheridan. The same is true in the many threads you started in the Colorado forum. (The search function is a great tool!)

As I suggested earlier, put together an online file where you can save the answers you have already received so you don't keep asking questions that have already been answered.

That will save EVERYONE a lot of time, including yourself.

Last edited by RosieSD; 08-10-2022 at 11:34 AM..

Old 08-10-2022, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
NDak15 was asking about the Target IN Sheridan because in your post #94 in this very thread you said:

There is no need to refresh everyone's memory on your past history. You've already done that many, many times.

Stick to asking questions, not repeating yourself, and people will be more likely to answer your questions. Everyone is busy. No one has time to re-read your life story again and again and again.

You've already received a lot of answers about Sheridan in this thread and the many others you have started. There is no need to start another thread on Sheridan.

You have someone in this thread who has lived in Sheridan for many years who has offered to answer your questions. Perhaps you could DM that Sheridan resident to ask further questions.

You should also re-read the multiple threads you've started here about Wyoming and you'll find plenty of people have already given you their opinions about Sheridan. The same is true in the many threads you started in the Colorado forum. (The search function is a great tool!)

As I suggested earlier, put together an online file where you can save the answers you have already received so you don't keep asking questions that have already been answered.

That will save EVERYONE a lot of time, including yourself.
Not necessarily about Sheridan, but more about Cheyenne. Anyway, sorry, but I did start a new thread asking a couple of questions about Sheridan, and surrounding areas, that I didn't read anything about in this thread.

Anyway, since I see the new thread is being passed over, I'll ask the two questions I did in that one. And, as far as "my time goes", I'm fully retired...........have all of the time in the world! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming