Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 06:08 PM

4 posts, read 13,615 times

Advertisements

My wife and I will be moving to Fort Mill in Jan or Feb 2008 and are looking for a townhome in a safe and newer subdivision. MY wife is a flight attendant for USAIR and is changing her base to CLT. I am in the jewelry bussiness and thinking of opening a retail store in Fort Mill also. We only need a townhome for right now untill we get to know the area better. We have been looking at a few communities and not sure where to buy. We have looked at Whitney Mills Townhomes, Fairway Townhomes at Regent Park, and Cascades At River Crossing. If any one has any info on these particular areas we would greatly appreciate it. Also any thoughts on a new jeweler in the area. We spent the first 30 years of our marrage in Pittsburgh and are ready for a change. Did you know the sun never shines in Pittsburgh? We love the Carolinas and hope this is a good move for us. Thank you for any input and looking forward to meeting the folks in Fort Mill.

Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 06:44 PM

3,483 posts, read 6,271,962 times
Waterstone off of Gold hill Rd

Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 PM

1,895 posts, read 6,173,373 times
Fieldstone is over there too.

Old 11-15-2007, 07:08 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,440,215 times
There is a townhome duplex in a 5 year old s/d right next door me. It's outside the town limits, so no city taxes and there are no HOA fees, so you would be responsible for the lawn maintenance (which isn't very much). It's 2/2 and about 1100 sq feet. Very quiet neighborhood but convenient to everything.

Old 11-23-2007, 09:03 PM

139 posts, read 360,519 times
Default Townhomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLD-IN-FORT MILL View Post
We spent the first 30 years of our marrage in Pittsburgh and are ready for a change. Did you know the sun never shines in Pittsburgh? We love the Carolinas and hope this is a good move for us. Thank you for any input and looking forward to meeting the folks in Fort Mill.

Thank You

Hi there! I'm originally from Pittsburgh and I know what you're saying!!! Congrats on the transfer, you are going to love getting out of the Burgh, and you can always go back to visit for those Stiller games and Permani sandwiches. We just bought a house in Waterstone, and that community offers townhomes as well. I didn't see the townhomes myself, but I really like the community. Good location, lots of variety on housing, etc.

If you need a great Realtor let me know, she lives in Ft. Mill and knows the area like the back of her hand. She showed us very unique communities that I don't think we would have seen with a Realtor who didn't live in Ft. Mill.

Good luck to you!!!

Old 12-04-2007, 01:20 PM

19 posts, read 68,983 times
I live in Fieldstone, which is in Waterstone which is off 160 and Gold Hill Rd. in Fort Mill. I absolutely love it! It's so convienant!

Old 12-04-2007, 02:06 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,440,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scpink5 View Post
I live in Fieldstone, which is in Waterstone which is off 160 and Gold Hill Rd. in Fort Mill. I absolutely love it! It's so convienant!
I drive by there sometimes and that is a good location. Close to Charlotte, Pineville, the light rail. I always forget about those apartments.

Old 12-04-2007, 05:32 PM

628 posts, read 2,079,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzaret View Post
Call me at 999-999-9999 I have some ideas for you

tzaret: just an fyi...this is a public forum...you should use caution when posting personal info such as your phone #...you should PM that info rather than post it

Old 12-08-2007, 07:42 PM

269 posts, read 1,057,906 times
I just rented a townhome in Baxter Village - there are lots of new ones going up in here and they're really nice. I'm going to stay in this one until my home in FL sells. (I'm originally from PA too - I can relate the the gloom induced depression - you'll love it here.)

Old 12-10-2007, 03:58 PM

8 posts, read 22,359 times
We purchased in Regent Park. We love the area. There are a few older, shabby homes way in the back of the area but you can find those almost everywhere. Just food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties