Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 02:42 PM

126 posts, read 412,258 times

Advertisements

Whether you are looking to rent or buy south Charlotte is a geat place to live.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-31-2008 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: edited to be within complance of the tos
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 02:43 PM

126 posts, read 412,258 times
My wife is from the Keys and she loves it here.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-31-2008 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: edited to be within complance of the tos

Old 04-13-2008, 11:10 PM

19 posts, read 70,245 times
I would avoid RH just because there are so many nicer places to live. fort mill and anywhere around it will be a step up from Miami though..the kids learn spanish in school even at elem level but at least when you go to McDonalds they ask for your order in English..unlike miami!
I think though, I would recommend renting before you buy, it's a big step, check the area out well first..maybe over a summer so that kids if you have them are not switched out of school midyear

Old 04-14-2008, 09:36 AM

4,729 posts, read 19,432,819 times
There are nice areas in Rock Hill. Most people get the wrong impression just driving through Cherry Rd ir Celanese Rd.

Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM

1 posts, read 2,791 times
Default Rock Hill SC

I lived In Rock Hill SC for five Years until I got transferred to Washington, DC. I lived in a new area of Rock Hill (Manchester Village) great place to live New and upcoming Good School lots of out door fun new soccer stadium, Mall, Restaurants, ect.

I would be interested in renting with option to buy if any one needs a place.

Old 04-14-2008, 11:33 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,266,956 times
Rock Hill schools produce doctors and lawyers too. They just don't let you know it like Fort Mill!

Old 04-16-2008, 06:51 AM

26 posts, read 81,635 times
What part of the state are you looking to move to? South Carolina is a wonderful state. If you would like to try job searching in SC try SCIways website. Once you have figured out where you are going to work then it'll be easier to find a place to live. South Carolina has large cities also with out one major problem that Charlotte is running into, a water shortage. Columbia is our wonderful capital, Charleston is beautiful and historic, Myrtle Beach is very touristy (if that is a word), and Rock Hill is busy busy busy. Also you may want to think about how much you want to spend on a house, how much land you want with it, and the cost of living in different areas.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:33 AM

3,483 posts, read 6,266,956 times
Rock hill is busy! that's a good one. Like Fort Mill isn't too.

Old 04-26-2008, 09:46 PM

9 posts, read 63,599 times
Talking Rock Hill/ Ft. Mill

Like everyone else, I'm contemplating relocating to work in Rock Hill but live in Ft. Mill. I understand Ft. Mill is the place for great schooling compared to Charlotte and Rock Hill. I'm wondering what are these facts based on? I'm coming from Arlington,VA which is crazy expensive and crazy traffic but the schools are pretty good. Here is Arlington I am only a few metro stops from DC and just a short drive to Maryland. There are tons of stuff to do as well here in the DC area.

Can someone give me a few names of some great young family communities in the Fort Mill area? Also what are some fun family things to do down there in Ft. Mill?

Old 04-26-2008, 09:53 PM

9 posts, read 63,599 times
Default Fort Mill

What are some good family communities to look into in the Fort Mill area? Or a nice school district close to Rock Hill? I'll be visiting in a few days so any information would be helpful. Nothing too expensive. Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties