Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2008, 09:00 PM

216 posts, read 701,804 times

Advertisements

I was looking at some homes in Clover, SC. The lease on our house in Rock Hill is not up until Oct but I am trying to get ideas of other areas. I like Clover, I have heard good things and their football team , also not a bad ride into Belmont. What I have been seeing is quit a few Section 8 homes being offered there. Is the area of Clover the nice suburban area I am thinking it is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,681,135 times
Do you remember any of the names of those streets/subdivisions that offer Section 8 housing? I'm a bit caught off guard as the Clover, SC, I know does not really have a lot of that type of housing. Clover is a small town whose outskirts are becoming more and more suburban. It's a very slow-paced town with friendly people and excellent schools. Clover is not growing as briskly as say, Fort Mill or Belmont, but it has a lot going for it. It just depends on what you seek. It's very convenient to Gastonia, Rock Hill, and Charlotte. The more west you go (toward Cherokee County and Cleveland County, NC), the more rural it becomes, but there's lots of development along highways 55 and 557 going toward Lake Wylie and Rock Hill. There are quite a bit of subdivisions sprouting up in the town of Clover, too.

The football team did win the Division II-AAAA championship for the school year Unfortunately, the coach accepted a job offer somewhere around Orangeburg, so they're looking for a new coach. Hopefully the Eagles will prosper again!

Old 02-07-2008, 04:28 PM

We live in Rock Hill now, I do liek the area of Rock Hill we are in. But the small town feel I heard Clover has is what I like. My family lives in Belmont so the commute there will be a lil shorter then from RH. My son is only 19 months but he plays football lol, well he runs with the ball. I really would like to be somewhere that is like where I grew up but at the same time different. I want the that "small town" feel (never had that always was in the city), I would like friendly neighbors, good schools a must, and a house that I could get for under $165k 2 story 3 bedroom and 2 car garage. It will be my first house purchase. I will try and find the adress of the places I found offering Section 8.

Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM

Thanks for the PM, sal. I am responding to it right now. Don't let your hopes down...you can find all that you want in Clover. I'll elaborate via PM

Old 02-11-2008, 04:46 PM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sal329 View Post
I was looking at some homes in Clover, SC. The lease on our house in Rock Hill is not up until Oct but I am trying to get ideas of other areas. I like Clover, I have heard good things and their football team , also not a bad ride into Belmont. What I have been seeing is quit a few Section 8 homes being offered there. Is the area of Clover the nice suburban area I am thinking it is?
hey there sal329 - you have obtained some really good info. from manofbess. I personally like Clover, SC...and one of my favorite drives is taking the back roads into Belmont, NC. Clover has good schools too, and a bit more rural/open. Keep in mind that these areas were hard hit once the textile industry left this area, and Clover was no exception. But, many are re-discovering Clover/Lake Wylie as a viable option for commuting to Charlotte, NC.

You might also look into certain parts of York, SC that fall under the Clover School District.

Oh lastly.....Jet Turner had a change of heart and isn't leaving Clover after all (looks like you better break out the ol' football once again!)

Old 02-11-2008, 09:34 PM

I want that more laid back, "country, small town" feel.

Old 02-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post

Oh lastly.....Jet Turner had a change of heart and isn't leaving Clover after all (looks like you better break out the ol' football once again!)

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I didn't go down to Columbia for the state championship...hopefully I'll get another chance this fall!

Old 02-13-2008, 11:00 AM

2,536 posts, read 9,215,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!!! I didn't go down to Columbia for the state championship...hopefully I'll get another chance this fall!
hey you changed your name???

Old 02-13-2008, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethecarolinas View Post
hey you changed your name???
I sure did! It was time for a change
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties