Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 AM

56 posts, read 135,372 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]Voluntary Separation Program Overview[/SIZE]Who is eligible?
The program is open to full and part-time, exempt and non-exempt, non-bargaining unit, administrative and managerial employees in the U.S., excluding the Portland TMP.

Employees that are retirement eligible and participate in the program may elect to retire and receive the program benefits.

What will my last work day be?
The program’s targeted last day worked for participants is January 30, 2009. However, on an exception basis, some participants may be required to work past this date as determined by management based on business needs, not to extend past June 30, 2009.

What is being offered and what conditions apply?
Participants in the program will be entitled to receive the following:

1.For employees with less than 15 years of service, separation pay equivalent to six weeks of participant’s current base pay at the time of the program announcement plus one additional week of base pay for every year of service(minimum of 7 weeks). For employees with 15 years of service or more, separation pay equivalent to six weeks of participant’s current base pay at the time of the program announcement plus two additional weeks of base pay for every year of service, Participants will not be eligible for any base pay increase or other lump sum payment other than payments provided for in the VSP. The schedule below serves as a guide:

[CENTER] SERVICE
SEVERANCE
0 - 4
7 – 10 wks
5 – 10
11 – 16 wks
11 – 14
17 – 20 wks
15 – 20
36 – 46 wks
21 – 24
48 – 54 wks
25 & above
56 +
[/CENTER]

2.The Company will pay the first 6 months of COBRA for healthcare benefit continuation (employee monthly cost share will be waived). This includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and basic life insurance coverage. After the initial 6 month period, you may elect to continue coverage for an additional 12 months at your own expense.

3.Voluntary Separation Plan (VSP) participants who are eligible for 2008 variable pay will receive it. Variable pay for time worked in 2008 will be paid at 100% of target (for both individual and company factor) according to the same timeline of separation pay (within 30 days of the effective date of separation).

If a VSP participant is eligible for variable pay and leaves at or before the standard departure date of January 30, 2009, they will not be eligible for pro-rated 2009 variable pay. However, if an employee’s VSP departure date is extended by management beyond the standard 1/30/2009 departure date, the employee is eligible for pro-rated 2009 variable pay at 100% of target (individual and company performance) for time worked in 2009 according to the same timeline of separation pay (within 30 days of the effective date of separation).

In order for participants to receive VSP benefits, all of the following conditions must be met:

·Execution and receipt of an application form in accordance with the procedures specified below;
·Execution of the Election and Release Form of all claims against your Company;
·Execution of an authorization allowing the Company to pay any separation pay on a date following separation (anticipated to be no more than 30 days following the effective date of separation) and to make any appropriate deductions;
·Remaining employed through January 30, 2009 or through a date to be determined by management based on business needs
·Must be employed in good standing at the time of the designated date of separation. Employees terminated for cause will not be eligible for any provision of the program. Additionally, employees remaining with the Company will not be eligible for any provision of the program.

What procedures must be followed?
Interested employees must complete a
VSP Application Formand submit the completed form to DTNA Human Resources in accordance with the timeline below at the following location:
Human Resources office at DTNA Corporate – Portland (CIA-PER)
4747 N. Channel Av., Portland, OR 97217
Angela Ford-Chilton

Original, signed hard copy application forms must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. PST on November 14, 2008 at the noted location in order for an application to be considered.

Under no circumstances shall any untimely application form be accepted. “Untimely” submissions are those received after 3:00 p.m. (PST) on November 14, 2008, or anywhere other than the DTNA Human Resources Corporate Office in Portland, Oregon.

Upon confirmed receipt of the Application Form, HR will prepare and distribute a personalized VSP separation packet, including the Program Overview, VSP Plan and Summary Plan Description, an Election and Release Form reflecting eligible payments, and information disclosures regarding employees eligible for the VSP. Deadlines to elect to participate will be clearly outlined. Should an employee participate in the program, an exit interview will be arranged by HR.

All payments will be made in a lump sum and are subject to applicable deductions and withholdings. VSP payments will be made no later than 30 days following the date of separation.

What is the timeline?
The following is the general program timeline of steps in the VSP process:

Application process: October 15, 2008 – November 14, 2008
VSP Consideration Period: 45 days from date employee receives personalized VSP separation packet
Exit interview process: January 5, 2009 – January 30, 2009
Last day worked: January 30, 2009 (unless otherwise indicated and approved by management)
Separation payments: Final paycheck on last day worked; VSP Severance payment within 30 days of separation.

Who do I call with questions?
Your Human Resource Representative HR Representative list can be contacted with questions.

In addition, a list of frequently asked questions can also be found on the Employee Portal. Additional questions can be submitted to VSP@Daimler.com. For more information, consult the Employee FAQs which will be updated as new questions arise.

VSPinformational sessions will be hosted by Human Resources, at the various locations in the upcoming weeks. The session schedule will be posted on the Employee Portal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 05:42 PM

474 posts, read 1,749,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcbee01 View Post
[SIZE=2]Voluntary Separation Program Overview[/SIZE]Who is eligible?
The program is open to full and part-time, exempt and non-exempt, non-bargaining unit, administrative and managerial employees in the U.S., excluding the Portland TMP.

Employees that are retirement eligible and participate in the program may elect to retire and receive the program benefits.

What will my last work day be?
The program’s targeted last day worked for participants is January 30, 2009. However, on an exception basis, some participants may be required to work past this date as determined by management based on business needs, not to extend past June 30, 2009.

What is being offered and what conditions apply?
Participants in the program will be entitled to receive the following:

1.For employees with less than 15 years of service, separation pay equivalent to six weeks of participant’s current base pay at the time of the program announcement plus one additional week of base pay for every year of service(minimum of 7 weeks). For employees with 15 years of service or more, separation pay equivalent to six weeks of participant’s current base pay at the time of the program announcement plus two additional weeks of base pay for every year of service, Participants will not be eligible for any base pay increase or other lump sum payment other than payments provided for in the VSP. The schedule below serves as a guide:

[CENTER] SERVICE
SEVERANCE
0 - 4
7 – 10 wks
5 – 10
11 – 16 wks
11 – 14
17 – 20 wks
15 – 20
36 – 46 wks
21 – 24
48 – 54 wks
25 & above
56 +
[/CENTER]

2.The Company will pay the first 6 months of COBRA for healthcare benefit continuation (employee monthly cost share will be waived). This includes medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, and basic life insurance coverage. After the initial 6 month period, you may elect to continue coverage for an additional 12 months at your own expense.

3.Voluntary Separation Plan (VSP) participants who are eligible for 2008 variable pay will receive it. Variable pay for time worked in 2008 will be paid at 100% of target (for both individual and company factor) according to the same timeline of separation pay (within 30 days of the effective date of separation).

If a VSP participant is eligible for variable pay and leaves at or before the standard departure date of January 30, 2009, they will not be eligible for pro-rated 2009 variable pay. However, if an employee’s VSP departure date is extended by management beyond the standard 1/30/2009 departure date, the employee is eligible for pro-rated 2009 variable pay at 100% of target (individual and company performance) for time worked in 2009 according to the same timeline of separation pay (within 30 days of the effective date of separation).

In order for participants to receive VSP benefits, all of the following conditions must be met:

·Execution and receipt of an application form in accordance with the procedures specified below;
·Execution of the Election and Release Form of all claims against your Company;
·Execution of an authorization allowing the Company to pay any separation pay on a date following separation (anticipated to be no more than 30 days following the effective date of separation) and to make any appropriate deductions;
·Remaining employed through January 30, 2009 or through a date to be determined by management based on business needs
·Must be employed in good standing at the time of the designated date of separation. Employees terminated for cause will not be eligible for any provision of the program. Additionally, employees remaining with the Company will not be eligible for any provision of the program.

What procedures must be followed?
Interested employees must complete a
VSP Application Formand submit the completed form to DTNA Human Resources in accordance with the timeline below at the following location:
Human Resources office at DTNA Corporate – Portland (CIA-PER)
4747 N. Channel Av., Portland, OR 97217
Angela Ford-Chilton

Original, signed hard copy application forms must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. PST on November 14, 2008 at the noted location in order for an application to be considered.

Under no circumstances shall any untimely application form be accepted. “Untimely” submissions are those received after 3:00 p.m. (PST) on November 14, 2008, or anywhere other than the DTNA Human Resources Corporate Office in Portland, Oregon.

Upon confirmed receipt of the Application Form, HR will prepare and distribute a personalized VSP separation packet, including the Program Overview, VSP Plan and Summary Plan Description, an Election and Release Form reflecting eligible payments, and information disclosures regarding employees eligible for the VSP. Deadlines to elect to participate will be clearly outlined. Should an employee participate in the program, an exit interview will be arranged by HR.

All payments will be made in a lump sum and are subject to applicable deductions and withholdings. VSP payments will be made no later than 30 days following the date of separation.

What is the timeline?
The following is the general program timeline of steps in the VSP process:

Application process: October 15, 2008 – November 14, 2008
VSP Consideration Period: 45 days from date employee receives personalized VSP separation packet
Exit interview process: January 5, 2009 – January 30, 2009
Last day worked: January 30, 2009 (unless otherwise indicated and approved by management)
Separation payments: Final paycheck on last day worked; VSP Severance payment within 30 days of separation.

Who do I call with questions?
Your Human Resource Representative HR Representative list can be contacted with questions.

In addition, a list of frequently asked questions can also be found on the Employee Portal. Additional questions can be submitted to VSP@Daimler.com. For more information, consult the Employee FAQs which will be updated as new questions arise.

VSPinformational sessions will be hosted by Human Resources, at the various locations in the upcoming weeks. The session schedule will be posted on the Employee Portal.
Why would you post this? Bitter former employee?

Old 10-18-2008, 08:08 AM

To expose all the truth on what is happening in the USA. Our jobs are quickly going to other country's because Our Gov. has passed these NAFTA,Cafta and chinese trade agreements with other trade agreements to follow. What makes it worse is that our Gov pays these companys to do so. The usa has one of the higest corporate tax rates in the world, and most states place a high tax burden on companys also. Wages only rank about 3rd why companys move! Our gov waste billions of dollars and refused to listen to its citizens about the real problems in this country. But i also blame these companys who tell the investor they will receive greater and greater return on their investment in the company while at the same time all the officers are receiving more benifits and wages and the blue collar and some white collar workers receive less and less.The short term fix for these companys is to move to a low wage country where politicians are more corrupt then ours. But the fact is that as americans lose more jobs they cant buy the products from other countrys that is why the usa is in in such a mess today. Our gov wants to give $700 billion to the banks instead of the people who need it.The bailout does not help those people who are trying to pay their bills!! And what about the people whose banks that did not fail that cant pay their bills? there not included in the bailout. The bailout is for the powerfull Rich. WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!!!!!!

I once heard a politician say that americans in the south where to busy working to protest about anything..... Since we are not busy working now i guess its time to protest!!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:32 AM

151 posts, read 571,188 times
Great discussion! You know I can't resist the hook, and love to share. I consider myself a fiscal conservative, vote mostly along the party line. Don't get me started on this election cycle, drive by my home and you'll know where I stand. I do however agree in some ways with McBee. There is clearly a reason why this company is relocating to our area, good for them, but what about the employees who don't relocate or are not given a job transfer opportunity in Oregon? What's to become of them? As much as I agree with free trade, I am growing quite weary with the throw-away mentality of corporate america. At the first hint of an economic downturn corporate america casts off millions of jobs. We all hope and pray that we are among those who are still working come Christmas. How quickly they forget those employees who goosed the bottom line during good times, toiling away to eek out their living, only to be thrown away during a downturn. I'd like to see corporate america do the right thing, save for a rainy day, operate their business with adequate safety margins for both good times and bad, and quit throwing workers on the street when they need to goose their stock market price. We've all heard our employers, that is those who work for someone else, say we're their most valuable asset, I no longer drink from that cup. It is far better to not hire an employee in the first place, if you're only going to fire them at the first hint of a downturn. I guess I long for a time when employers/employees were loyal to each other.

McBee, I hear your pain in the postings above.

Old 11-03-2008, 09:07 AM

There is no Corporate America !!! Corporate America is no longer owned by Americans it is owned by foreign investors and and most of these investors are not friends of the USA. Our financial system is corrupt with lawyers who know how to drain off assets while officers of these companys become rich and the general people get taken for their life savings. The peoples cries for help are ignored, and just a few months ago during the Olympics in china President Bush was asked about our poor economy his reply was that there was nothing wrong with our economy. The USA has been sold out along with our Gov to foreign investors. Its a shame that a great country like the USA is in debt for Billions of dollars to communist china. Our ports are owned by other countrys , our financial info is in the hands of customer service that is in other countrys where these people are selling this info to organized crime.

Old 11-08-2008, 03:49 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatTerra View Post
Great discussion! You know I can't resist the hook, and love to share. I consider myself a fiscal conservative, vote mostly along the party line. Don't get me started on this election cycle, drive by my home and you'll know where I stand. I do however agree in some ways with McBee. There is clearly a reason why this company is relocating to our area, good for them, but what about the employees who don't relocate or are not given a job transfer opportunity in Oregon? What's to become of them? As much as I agree with free trade, I am growing quite weary with the throw-away mentality of corporate america. At the first hint of an economic downturn corporate america casts off millions of jobs. We all hope and pray that we are among those who are still working come Christmas. How quickly they forget those employees who goosed the bottom line during good times, toiling away to eek out their living, only to be thrown away during a downturn. I'd like to see corporate america do the right thing, save for a rainy day, operate their business with adequate safety margins for both good times and bad, and quit throwing workers on the street when they need to goose their stock market price. We've all heard our employers, that is those who work for someone else, say we're their most valuable asset, I no longer drink from that cup. It is far better to not hire an employee in the first place, if you're only going to fire them at the first hint of a downturn. I guess I long for a time when employers/employees were loyal to each other.

McBee, I hear your pain in the postings above.
Completely well said my dear.

Old 11-08-2008, 04:08 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKQC View Post
The majority of the DTNA plants, suppliers and customer base are on the east coast. It makes more sense for them to be on the east coast than tucked away in the corner of the Northwest. Also, SC is a much more business friendly state than Oregon - especially for a heavy duty truck manufacturer. It was a long-term strategic decision, not short term. The timing could have been better, but it is what it is.

The blue collars workers were line workers from the Freightliner plant in Cleveland County. Honestly, do you think it was the norm for them to be degree holders that would be in a position to transition into white collar positions? I really don't. And that's not a knock on blue collar employees - my Dad ran a backhoe for 28 years. Most of the corporate jobs in Fort Mill require a bachelors degree, prefer a masters. Also, if there were those in Cleveland County that were / are qualified, there's nothing that prevents them from applying for the positions in Fort Mill. Who knows, there could have been some offered positions but who would want to make a commute from Cleveland County to Fort Mill or uproot their family?
I'm pretty sure my take on the transportation industry is probably one of the best you'll come across due to my vast career over 40 years. Yes, I sure do think there are many blue collar workers with degrees...many. I know it as a fact in the companies I've worked for (3 carriers). Many were teachers that burned out and or got laid off, many many had financial degrees which are a dime a dozen anymore...they couldn't find jobs, so they took blue collar jobs to feed their families....could they make the move to white collar? probably, because you know what? the guy in the shop, the guy on the dock....they know the business from ground up....and usually know way more than the white collar bosses. Just my take on it, and I've seen this come and go 3 times in my career lifetime. I started in transportation when it was still under federal rules in regards to tariffs and rates... went from regulated to deregulated which was probably the biggest change transportation this country ever saw whether owner operated, or company owned vehicles.

You'd be surprised at how many olympic hopeful and top college football players work on the docks of transportation companies...and I'm sure they had no problem going from blue collar to white collar eventually. Roadway's Columbus Ohio terminal was famous for Ohio State players.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties