Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2008, 10:58 AM

259 posts, read 798,329 times

Advertisements

Hi!

My husband wants to know if anyone out there has an opinion on the truck service at the two local Ford dealerships... Clinton Family Ford and Fort Mill Ford. If there are other local Ford dealerships, we also need to know that!

If you have had a good or bad experience, please let me know. If you have a particular recommendation for a good mechanic, we would appreciate it.

My husband's truck is a 1997 F350 with only 12,000 miles on it and he is very particular with who takes care of it.

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2008, 12:09 PM

116 posts, read 551,100 times
My wife and I have had nothing but positive experiences with Clinton Family Ford. We have bought two cars from them and the service area has always been very nice. Our Sales guy is Sam McKee and he handles everything even when we needed service on our edge to get the Sirius system working with the Nav system. Can't say enough good things about them including the frequent conversations we have had with the owners who are more often than not there at the dealership.

Old 09-22-2008, 07:21 AM

149 posts, read 581,661 times
I am the complete opposite, I had some service done at Clinton Family and didn't care for them at all. They gave us the run around for weeks and their customer service reps were not very friendly. Now, this was at there old location so new employees may be in place now, but we won't return there.

Old 09-22-2008, 05:55 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,546,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingdown View Post
Hi!

My husband wants to know if anyone out there has an opinion on the truck service at the two local Ford dealerships... Clinton Family Ford and Fort Mill Ford. If there are other local Ford dealerships, we also need to know that!

If you have had a good or bad experience, please let me know. If you have a particular recommendation for a good mechanic, we would appreciate it.

My husband's truck is a 1997 F350 with only 12,000 miles on it and he is very particular with who takes care of it.

Thank you for your help.
I have received excellent service from Fort Mill Ford. They are the kind of dealership that if you bring your car in and you're not quite sure what the problem is, and they find something very small and minor? they don't even charge you. Least that's my experience with them. My heating/cooling duct sticks all the time, so when the season changes I just take my car into them, they walk outside, take the knobs off, and flip it. No charge ever. When I go to purchase a new vehicle ( I buy American) I will purchase it from them, hands down.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:17 AM

225 posts, read 689,897 times
I have to agree, Ford Mill Ford has very good service Dept., the guy who took care of us was Dave, but everyone knows him as Big Daddy (I am not kidding).
When we first down looking at homes in the area our 3 year old, 31,000 mile, Escape exploded under the hood, when we went to start it up and the intake manifold cracked, we were stuck in Fort Mill, for the night and AAA came and towed the car to Fort Mill Ford. Big Daddy was our representative and helped us out as much as he can. The total repair was over 1,100 dollars, but Big Daddy was able to negotiate a loyalty discount because we just finish signing the paperwork for our new home. Now, Ford it self would not honor the car's warranty, because it was just over the 3 year mark and even after we got a outside assessment from three different mechanics showing that the damage was due to a problem with the cruise control system overheating and causing the explosion, they claimed that it was not covered under warranty.

After much arguments with Ford's legal department and short of starting a legal proceeding against them. I said to heck with Ford and turned in the Esacpe and got a Subaru. Then I trade in my other Mercury Grand Marquis, a few months later for a Versa. I will never buy Ford again and that hurts after owning 5 Fords during my life. I have to say that the service received by the whole staff at Fort Mill Ford was a good experience, despite the problems we had with the Ford product.

P.S. Last year Ford finally recalled the cruise control device on the Escapes made from 2002-2004. Too little too late!

Old 09-26-2008, 10:06 PM

259 posts, read 798,329 times
Thanks to all of you for your replies.

I had a feeling we would get a mix of replies. We are closer to Clinton Ford than Fort Mill Ford, but are likely to check out Big Daddy!!

If there are any other comments out there, we would appreciate them!

Old 09-28-2008, 02:00 PM

10 posts, read 40,505 times
Ft Mill Ford off of Gold Hill Rd and I-77 has a wonderful service dept. My husband says they also have a very nice cafeteria in there so that if he has to wait long, he can grab a bit to eat.

Old 10-01-2008, 08:39 AM

225 posts, read 689,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkcountymommies View Post
Ft Mill Ford off of Gold Hill Rd and I-77 has a wonderful service dept. My husband says they also have a very nice cafeteria in there so that if he has to wait long, he can grab a bit to eat.
Very good point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties